Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sub K "the #1 mistake we are making in recruiting"

Our AD is posting pictures of cherry blossoms on twitter while Ohio State is posting goofy videos where they ask the coaches if they know what fortnite is.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, your publicly-available podcast where you bash the former head coach, current head coach, AD, assistant coaches, former players, and current players for over an hour might actually be a bigger tool for negative recruitment than the cherry blossom picture posted by the AD.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wait, there’s a video of Jen-no show dem puppies doing that? I either got whooshed or I need a link.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020

What mostly matters in recruiting is winning, sending guys to the NFL and location. The problem with UW is they haven’t won any big games and are coming off a eight win season. Compare that to a school like Ohio State that is coming off a playoff appearance or Oregon who just won a Rose bowl. UW’s biggest obstacle right now is showing recruits that they aren’t on a down turn.

Yet you don't agree with criticizing the burnout that dropped the Rose Bowl and subsequently mailed in the 8 win season.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

Our AD is posting pictures of cherry blossoms on twitter while Ohio State is posting goofy videos where they ask the coaches if they know what fortnite is.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, your publicly-available podcast where you bash the former head coach, current head coach, AD, assistant coaches, former players, and current players for over an hour might actually be a bigger tool for negative recruitment than the cherry blossom picture posted by the AD.

I too listened to that 2 hours of garbage that made my ears bleed.

He talks about how UW doesn't make any sales content like the big boys, but tOSU is 10 days into a bottle flipping contest and UGA is posting situp training videos from their strength coach. His rant about Budda's brother being killed on the mean streets of South Seattle left out the fact that the shooting happened in Ballard (RIP Robert Baker, no disrespect intended).

I get that SubK knows a few things as a former player, but Chest, DDY and the other BDTW guys have lost me by sucking up to him so much.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

What mostly matters in recruiting is winning, sending guys to the NFL and location. The problem with UW is they haven’t won any big games and are coming off a eight win season. Compare that to a school like Ohio State that is coming off a playoff appearance or Oregon who just won a Rose bowl. UW’s biggest obstacle right now is showing recruits that they aren’t on a down turn.

Yet you don't agree with criticizing the burnout that dropped the Rose Bowl and subsequently mailed in the 8 win season.
    That “burnout” took us from 7-8 win seasons to 10+ wins and an appearance in a new year six bowl game for three straight years. One down year doesn’t erase that especially when that down year would have been considered a successful season before he got here. He raised the bar and if he was still here, I think he would have won one of those games. Problem is Jimmy doesn’t have a track record like Pete.
    This wasn't a down year.

Favored by the metrics in every game but one, Oregon at home where we blow a two touchdown lead.

Pete decides before the apple cup (probably realizes his offense is such shit he could actually lose to Leach at home) that he's done at Washington, comes out and admits that he's been burned out since before the apple cup.

You act like we're so lucky to have him. He had a formula that could win 10 games with decent experience and yet he still lost to a lot of shit coaches: Graham, Helton (I don't believe for a second UW should have lost that game in 2016), Mora, Guy who just dipped out of Colorado, etc.

Still not over him starting at 8-6 and quitting after 8-5. Beat Oregon just twice. My God. You could argue that he failed at Washington.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    haie said:

haie said:

That “burnout” took us from 7-8 win seasons to 10+ wins and an appearance in a new year six bowl game for three straight years. One down year doesn’t erase that especially when that down year would have been considered a successful season before he got here. He raised the bar and if he was still here, I think he would have won one of those games. Problem is Jimmy doesn’t have a track record like Pete.
    This wasn't a down year.

Favored by the metrics in every game but one, Oregon at home where we blow a two touchdown lead.

Pete decides before the apple cup (probably realizes his offense is such shit he could actually lose to Leach at home) that he's done at Washington, comes out and admits that he's been burned out since before the apple cup.

You act like we're so lucky to have him. He had a formula that could win 10 games with decent experience and yet he still lost to a lot of shit coaches: Graham, Helton (I don't believe for a second UW should have lost that game in 2016), Mora, Guy who just dipped out of Colorado, etc.

Still not over him starting at 8-6 and quitting after 8-5. Beat Oregon just twice. My God. You could argue that he failed at Washington.
    I do feel like we were lucky to have as a head coach because it’s very hard to find a successful head coach in college especially when you compare the resources we have to other schools. As far as the fail thing, I don’t know how anyone could argue the Pete failed at Washington.