Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clippers

13»

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Talk about a flawed replay system deciding the game ... THAT changed the outcome of the game ... not the 2 missed free throws when they were down 3.

How was it a flawed replay system? It was off Paul. That's exactly what the system is for. How the fuck do you even come up with that? The real deciding factor was Blake Griffin fouling out and only playing 19 minutes.

I didn't even think it was a foul. It was pretty minimal contact.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) Blake Griffin fouling out in 19 minutes is a fucking joke ... not even Shawn Kemp was that FS.

2) There have been numerous examples since the replay system has come into play whether it be in the NBA or NCAA where a ref makes a call on a possession that doesn't turn the game into a free throw shooting contest and instead awards the ball in the direction of who was fouled. When you go to the replay, without the ability to make up for the fact that you didn't call for the foul you get the wrong outcome.

You could argue that Paul wasn't fouled but it was an absolute reach - but not a terrible reach. I understand an official deciding that he wasn't going to call a shooting foul in that situation since the Clippers were in the bonus but were instead going to give a sideline out of bounds play. Anybody that has ever played or officiated the game knows that these kind of calls happen and nobody ever really questions them.

I'm all for replay for where it makes sense. But let's not use replay to take away from common sense.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

1) Blake Griffin fouling out in 19 minutes is a fucking joke ... not even Shawn Kemp was that FS.

2) There have been numerous examples since the replay system has come into play whether it be in the NBA or NCAA where a ref makes a call on a possession that doesn't turn the game into a free throw shooting contest and instead awards the ball in the direction of who was fouled. When you go to the replay, without the ability to make up for the fact that you didn't call for the foul you get the wrong outcome.

You could argue that Paul wasn't fouled but it was an absolute reach - but not a terrible reach. I understand an official deciding that he wasn't going to call a shooting foul in that situation since the Clippers were in the bonus but were instead going to give a sideline out of bounds play. Anybody that has ever played or officiated the game knows that these kind of calls happen and nobody ever really questions them.

I'm all for replay for where it makes sense. But let's not use replay to take away from common sense.

Tequilla, I agree with some of your thoughts regarding replay. They overdo it, and the last 2 minutes of the game were kind of ridiculous, but the ball was off Paul, and you can't go back and call a foul (very ticky tack and not a foul). You can go back and see who it was off, and it was the correct call.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    My Clippers will be fine.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    RD,

I agree with you in that they got the call right based on what the current rules are.

What I'm getting at there is that I would rather that an official looks at that play and decides that it's not enough to call a foul for but that given the contact it caused the ball to go out on the player that was fouled, and as such, even the calls out and just give a sideline out of bounds play.

I'd rather that we didn't live in a situation where officials aren't able to use their judgment in officiating games.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think they will too, but it's going to be tough to win one at Golden State.
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I think they will too, but it's going to be tough to win one at Golden State.
    Are they ranked?