Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big if true ..

13»

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

pawz said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Let's move on a bit. Once we get on the down side of the curve and are not in terminal reaction mode, what should the US response be to China?

That is certainly a chinteresting response Mr. Bannon. But what might be some less lethal responses?
    Keep doing what was winning. Under Trump, the United States was making great strides. Stop selling out our economy to the Chinese. Equalize the playing field through tax incentives and tariffs. Bring American manufacturing back home!
    Moving the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and other health care peripherals back to the United States is economic nonsense. There aren't enough subsidies in the budget to sway manufacturers into making that a reality.

Let's just get it the fuck out of China. Plenty of other third world manufacturing hubs out there that don't grab us by the balls with threats to our national security.
    Pardon fucking me for not having any sympathy for costs the Pharmaceutical industry may have to bear.

If they didn't have monopolistic control - at the behest of Congress - over their pricing, I might be more sympathetic.

As of now, fuck them and come home in the quickest manner possible.
    Okay. How do you propose we bring them back?
    There are any number of modalities .... Executive order (constitutionality will be litigated), congress writes a law, 50+% tariff/sales tax, new FDA mandated manufacturing requirements ...

Obviously I don't know the SOP currently in place, however I refuse to believe there are not incentives or punitive measures that can be levied to insure compliance.

Again, we are talking about national security. We are squarely in 'Fuck You, Pay Me' territory.

Excluding of R&D (which is another discussion) you are never going to convince me the cost to make most medicines on a per pill basis is is exorbitant in a manner that relocating the manufacturer makes such a significant different it would be catastrophic to the industry. Given the historic cash flows of the Pharmaceutical industry, I'm just not buying the claim.
    Outside of the tariff/subsidy route, what you're suggesting is a level of centralized planning that would make even Mao blush. Personally I'm not willing to give the federal government an inch in setting that kind of massive precedent of dictating where a private company can setup its supply chain and manufacturing base. Outside of the inevitability that corporations will just flee to more welcoming foreign jurisdictions and no longer incorporate here, it's just downright un-American.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

pawz said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Let's move on a bit. Once we get on the down side of the curve and are not in terminal reaction mode, what should the US response be to China?

That is certainly a chinteresting response Mr. Bannon. But what might be some less lethal responses?
    Keep doing what was winning. Under Trump, the United States was making great strides. Stop selling out our economy to the Chinese. Equalize the playing field through tax incentives and tariffs. Bring American manufacturing back home!
    Moving the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and other health care peripherals back to the United States is economic nonsense. There aren't enough subsidies in the budget to sway manufacturers into making that a reality.

Let's just get it the fuck out of China. Plenty of other third world manufacturing hubs out there that don't grab us by the balls with threats to our national security.
    Pardon fucking me for not having any sympathy for costs the Pharmaceutical industry may have to bear.

If they didn't have monopolistic control - at the behest of Congress - over their pricing, I might be more sympathetic.

As of now, fuck them and come home in the quickest manner possible.
    Okay. How do you propose we bring them back?
    There are any number of modalities .... Executive order (constitutionality will be litigated), congress writes a law, 50+% tariff/sales tax, new FDA mandated manufacturing requirements ...

Obviously I don't know the SOP currently in place, however I refuse to believe there are not incentives or punitive measures that can be levied to insure compliance.

Again, we are talking about national security. We are squarely in 'Fuck You, Pay Me' territory.

Excluding of R&D (which is another discussion) you are never going to convince me the cost to make most medicines on a per pill basis is is exorbitant in a manner that relocating the manufacturer makes such a significant different it would be catastrophic to the industry. Given the historic cash flows of the Pharmaceutical industry, I'm just not buying the claim.
    Outside of the tariff/subsidy route, what you're suggesting is a level of centralized planning that would make even Mao blush. Personally I'm not willing to give the federal government an inch in setting that kind of massive precedent of dictating where a private company can setup its supply chain and manufacturing base. Outside of the inevitability that corporations will just flee to more welcoming foreign jurisdictions and no longer incorporate here, it's just downright un-American.
    There’s been a lot of that going around.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

More serious?

Its not what we do to China its what we do for ourselves. Move the supply chains to countries that don't want to destroy us. Close our markets to China products. Embargo travel from China to the US

Develop new markets. Build the American economy to buy our own shit made with good wages by people who can afford to buy our shit

America First and Forever

Move the Chinese supply chain back to North America - Mexico specifically.

Provide protection from/elimination of the cartels. By military force, if necessary. Put the Mexican people to work in the jobs the Chinese were doing. Raise their standard of living there for the people and they won't have the incentive to cross the border for a couple bucks - most of them send the money back home irregardless.

This is likely an opportunity to address the illegal immigration problem that is dividing the US and help the Mexican people at the same time.

So we still get drugs from Mexico? They have really shitty weed.
    I can confirm that. Largest of my cases was over 6 tons. Shit weed shit sentences. They got sentenced to 9 months in jail. Kali is a special place.