Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Based on what I saw today...

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
...I'm putting the O/U at 10.

Three viable QBs. Drecksched. Überdrecksept. Talent everywhere. Enough depth. And, most importantly, adult supervision. Abundance.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,815 Swaye's Wigwam
    If this team doesn't win at least 10 games, Peterman isn't who we think he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    New scheme and a new attitude. The players have spoken about the differences between Petermen in 2014 and Dude Brah in 2013.

In all seriousness like I said in another thread I think the floor is 9 regular season wins and the ceiling is 11 regular season wins.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,179
    Are we tanned, rested, and ready to rumble?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,706 Founders Club
    Upvoted for Deutschlish
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

If this team doesn't win at least 10 games, Peterman isn't who we think he is.

New QB, new RB, new TE, new coaching staff, new system but the minimum expectation is for the Huskies to have their highest win total in the past 22 seasons(minus 2000)..... yeah I see that, uh huh.

New scheme and a new attitude. The players have spoken about the differences between Petermen in 2014 and Dude Brah in 2013.

In all seriousness like I said in another thread I think the floor is 9 regular season wins and the ceiling is 11 regular season wins.

You do realize your dude bra hero won 5 games in his first year with half a team full of future NFL players, right?

You do realize your dude bra hero won 5 games in his first year with half a team full of future NFL players, right?

Work on your sarkasm for fucks sake.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

That's pretty damn optimistic considering it's the coach's first year with the team.

That's pretty damn optimistic considering it's the coach's first year with the team.
    Look at our schedule. I feel like those who are doubting UW winning 9-11 haven't looked at our schedule yet.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Look at our schedule. I feel like those who are doubting UW winning 9-11 haven't looked at our schedule yet.
    I definitely think we'll all see a team that will be more challenging to defeat than in years past but it's likely going to take some time to get the machine humming. I hope Helfrich is fired before he becomes the first Oregon coach in 10 years to lose to the Huskies.
  • Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368

I thought the terrurists won 9-11
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,962 Swaye's Wigwam

I can't decide whether to upvote because I'm laughing or downvote because 'Merica.

#NeverForget

CHRIST!
    You seem to hate facts and place great value in emotion.

Work on your sarkasm for fucks sake.
    edited April 2014

Looks like there are a lot of folks in here that actually believe the 5 year plan bullshit. Petersen isn't taking over Kansas or Kentucky. If I was a fan of one of those teams, I could understand it taking a few years to win 9 games. He's taking over one of the more talented Pac 12 teams that have a bunch of starters returning. I doubt too many are expecting a conference title, but there is plenty of talent to go 10-4.

Stark took over a team that ended up having more players sign NFL contracts than most teams in the conference yet was hailed as a hero for winning 5 fucking games which included wins over Idaho, a 1 win WSU team and a plunger raping by an UNranked Oregon State

• d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    Nothing counts until I get College Douche's take on things.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I know it is weird to say and all, because this is trademarked by Doogs, but just wait til Peterman gets his guys in here!

In all seriousness, I think UW wins at the very worst 9 games this year, but my minimum is 10.

But just wait until year 4 when UW has gone something like 30-8ish in Peterman's first 3 years, and they now have guys that were all recruited by Peterman for the most part.

As much as Kim and others hate to admit it, his system works and it is proven at a very high level. Once Peterman gets his guys in here that understand his culture and what he wants out of them at all times it will be great.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,504 Founders Club

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because we want it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by players every single time there's a regime change. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be interesting.