Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My final thoughts on DDY and Coker

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter

They leaned in way too hard with the "Pete is racist" stuff, even if some of it was portrayed as tongue in cheek. Quite honestly, Softy, I thought they became enemies of the state. The recruiting board has slowed down for sure with them gone, but that board has also become much more digestible. Not sure then being gone is such a huge loss there. DDY was much more interesting in the Shoppe talking about music and booze.

This. Condoning that Oregon Bullshit narrative played right into UW critics hands. Extremely Rookie move by DDY, politically naive, and confirming a bullshit narrative that hurt the program and played into the hands of the worst old stereotypes, i.e., if you want great players from the ghetto, you need to pimp things up and run a ghetto program.

The program grew stale and Pete was burned out. That's all it ever was. Watching DDY fold like a cheap lawn chair on the fake racism issues sullied his reputation and credibility. Too bad, but some guys just can't stop ramming into trees, no matter what.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

They leaned in way too hard with the "Pete is racist" stuff, even if some of it was portrayed as tongue in cheek. Quite honestly, Softy, I thought they became enemies of the state. The recruiting board has slowed down for sure with them gone, but that board has also become much more digestible. Not sure then being gone is such a huge loss there. DDY was much more interesting in the Shoppe talking about music and booze.

This. Condoning that Oregon Bullshit narrative played right into UW critics hands. Extremely Rookie move by DDY, politically naive, and confirming a bullshit narrative that hurt the program and played into the hands of the worst old stereotypes, i.e., if you want great players from the ghetto, you need to pimp things up and run a ghetto program.

The program grew stale and Pete was burned out. That's all it ever was. Watching DDY fold like a cheap lawn chair on the fake racism issues sullied his reputation and credibility. Too bad, but some guys just can't stop ramming into trees, no matter what.
    Oregon narrative?

TSIO has the narrative at least a year before Oregon did.

If anything Oregon just parroted us(?).
    @HerrStraußßer true????
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Oregon narrative?

Exactly. Which, to me, is even worse. Never arm your enemies.

dnc said:

Oregon narrative?

BINGO! This.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    If you dont think the Anti-Pete/Pete is racist stuff that was posted on here wasnt sent to kids we were recruiting...

If you dont think the Anti-Pete/Pete is racist stuff that was posted on here wasnt sent to kids we were recruiting...

Fuckin' A. The last thing to ever do is endorse it like DDY did.

Nothing like giving undue credit to Oregon, then publicly surrendering to become their Bitch.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sent to kids we were recruiting?

Parents and recruits read this bored.

hth
    Never Let your opponent Define you. Period. Makes them look strong and you look weak.

See 2016 and 2020 Elections.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

This thread won’t die

It's like when someone accidentally sends an email in a large company to everyone.

"Take me off this list"
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

This thread won’t die

It's like when someone accidentally sends an email in a large company to everyone.

"Take me off this list"
    Nah, this is like getting onto a Lyndon LaRouche fundraising list.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

This thread won’t die

"Take me off this list"
    Nah, this is like getting onto a Lyndon LaRouche fundraising list.
    I have no clue as to what your referring
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163

dnc said:

Oregon narrative?

Coker lost his shit when I called him on that, but it was true. He became an enemy of the program.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302
    Ironically @coker was pony boy

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,421 Founders Club

This thread won’t die

I stopped following it a week ago but had to come back in my role as admin. It is a vampire thread.