Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

iDawg and Race Bannon Podcast

Any insiders know if they pull another one out by Fall 2014? Several topics to discuss, including politics

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Hard to do a podcast when both have died. Perhaps they can do one from six feet under.

I do miss their podcasts and listening to old ones from the Ty era are still hilarious today.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Are they still poasted somewhere? I got rid of my old computer they were on
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The full blown AIDS got to Race and who the fuck is iDawg?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    iTunes

Whenever I need a laugh I always listen the Little Jimmy Cornell stuff. Before they jumped the shark they were pure gold.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    What are podcasts?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2014
    1. An online audio blog. Term invented by Adam Curry. A broadcast file which is commonly downloaded on an iPod or other MP3 hardware for mobile listening. Can also be played directly from your computer.
    Their weekly podcast, Pop Goes The Culture, covered popular culture topics of the day.

2. Another example of apple trying to brand everything with their name.

It's a fucking MP3. Nothing more.
    I call MP3s podcasts because it's cool to like apple and I have no mind of my own

3. Trend whore for "streaming audio."

Even more deserving of condescending laughter, I have even seen simple downloadable .mp3 files featuring opinionated human voice referred to as "podcasts."
    Sheep1: hay guys check out my podcast. I made it last night, it's my thoughts on animal husbandry and the geopolitical issues that surround it!!
    Person1: *Downloads an .mp3 file*

5. Often made of plaster, this stiff dressing is used to immobilize the foot during its healing process.
    [Little] Jimmy [Cornel] broke his foot and had to get a podcast.

8. Comes from the Latin 'Podi Castae'

which literally meant 'Cast (upon my) audio-device'

In recent years this has used by people in the form Podcast, especially because of a leading audio player called the iPod.

Podcasts are programmes (audio or video) that are hosted (usually) on the Internet, where they can be downloaded On-Demand as audiences desire
    Since their release, The Ricky Gervais Show Podcasts have continually been top of the charts.

Largely due to The Genius of Karl Pilkington.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Whats the point? Weren't they just suppor

1. An online audio blog. Term invented by Adam Curry. A broadcast file which is commonly downloaded on an iPod or other MP3 hardware for mobile listening. Can also be played directly from your computer.
    Their weekly podcast, Pop Goes The Culture, covered popular culture topics of the day.

I call MP3s podcasts because it's cool to like apple and I have no mind of my own

Even more deserving of condescending laughter, I have even seen simple downloadable .mp3 files featuring opinionated human voice referred to as "podcasts."
    Sheep1: hay guys check out my podcast. I made it last night, it's my thoughts on animal husbandry and the geopolitical issues that surround it!!

5. Often made of plaster, this stiff dressing is used to immobilize the foot during its healing process.

In recent years this has used by people in the form Podcast, especially because of a leading audio player called the iPod.

Podcasts are programmes (audio or video) that are hosted (usually) on the Internet, where they can be downloaded On-Demand as audiences desire
    Since their release, The Ricky Gervais Show Podcasts have continually been top of the charts.

You should be sure to include your rant in your manifesto.

The briefer answer is that podcasts are late 20th century technology and few in the 21st century really bother with.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Let it play out
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    Founders Club

of the Coney Island Pilkingtons?
  • Options
    iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 128
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    iDawg said:

Who the fuck are you?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    iDawg said:

One of my favorite episodes and moments in the history of that podcast.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Any insiders know if they pull another one out by Fall 2014? Several topics to discuss, including politics

Pup?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

Was that your last Pudcast. Ill jump on with race anytime

@RaceBannon give the people what they want!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Wait a second. The last time you went on sabbatical you left Race in charge here. And we all saw how that turned out.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Wait a second. The last time you went on sabbatical you left Race in charge here. And we all saw how that turned out.
    What a disaster Race is. Pup just has to step in once in awhile. Consider Pup the FED. sometimes Pup has to inject a few IR adjustments, stimulators, to keep HH from dipping its proverbial toe in the Red.