Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lakers update

12346»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

March 1

Watched a lot of Lakers this year because how often is the GOAT your local team? Watched more games than since the last Sonic run with Gary and Shawn.

Decided Friday to watch my other local team the Clippers. According to the announcers they played their best game of the season. Crushed Denver. Really good team and better than the Lakers until they aren't

Denver is a pretender like most of the West.

Then @dnc 's Vancouver Grizz boatraced my Lakers. Ja Morant is the real deal.

Lastly I checked out Micro Ball. I don't believe in the Celtics or their college coach but the Rockets were impressive with a road win.

Close it our tonight with the fun to watch Pelicans against my Lakers.

The playoffs are still the Lakers and the Clippers deciding who plays the Bucks. Micro Ball on the outside looking in

The NBA is good these days. The Combine probably gets better ratings

Houston you got a problem

Harden with a dud game. I still think they are going to be dangerous in the playoffs.

I still don’t trust the Clippers either. They are still the Clippers until proven otherwise. Your boy Paul George still has never won anything. Doc is overrated too. The Celtics the year they won we’re a great team led by the players. All were veterans hungry for a ring. Coasting all year before turning it on in the playoffs rarely seems to work.

The West has good teams, but I can see holes in all of them. The playoffs are gonna be good. When in doubt, I’m going with LeBron.
    but sorry for doing everything they can to win.
    As opposed to Portland who just sits on their young players and wastes away Dame and CJs best years.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm prepping to be disappointed as we speak

I'm prepping for the end of times.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Month of March natty

Needed a win over the Clips for mental comfort
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Harden with a dud game. I still think they are going to be dangerous in the playoffs.

I still don’t trust the Clippers either. They are still the Clippers until proven otherwise. Your boy Paul George still has never won anything. Doc is overrated too. The Celtics the year they won we’re a great team led by the players. All were veterans hungry for a ring. Coasting all year before turning it on in the playoffs rarely seems to work.

The West has good teams, but I can see holes in all of them. The playoffs are gonna be good. When in doubt, I’m going with LeBron.
    They played so dogshit last night its hard to take anything real away. I know Ive said this ad nauseum but Moreys latest comments brought it up again. Everybody loves to shit on the Rockets for actually trying new and experimental things instead of just tanking. Most of the experiments will fail, but sorry for doing everything they can to win.
    I think Morey is good, but also an idiot. When buckets are hard to get, a reliable midrange game is still valuable. He’s too much of a numbers puncher and it hasn’t worked yet, but he doubles down even more every year.
    Thats valid but its better than being the Knicks.
    Or the Sixers for that matter

They are just as lacking in rings after the process and several losing seasons.

As Chris Petersen said, its hard. Really hard to win the NBA

We're discussing the Lakers and Clips. At least one of them aren't winning this year either
    I bashed the process at the time. It ended up working okay, but they aren’t winning shit until they at least fire Brown. Any coach that goes 10-72 should be fired regardless of the roster.

Even once they fire Brown, they probably need to make a big change to be true contenders. Either surround Simmons with all shooters, or Embiid, but their styles clash too much. Maybe that could change if Brown was fired. He’s one of the worst coaches in the league. Horford was a retarded free agent signing too.
    Swaye's Wigwam

They played so dogshit last night its hard to take anything real away. I know Ive said this ad nauseum but Moreys latest comments brought it up again. Everybody loves to shit on the Rockets for actually trying new and experimental things instead of just tanking. Most of the experiments will fail, but sorry for doing everything they can to win.
    I think Morey is good, but also an idiot. When buckets are hard to get, a reliable midrange game is still valuable. He’s too much of a numbers puncher and it hasn’t worked yet, but he doubles down even more every year.

We're discussing the Lakers and Clips. At least one of them aren't winning this year either
    I bashed the process at the time. It ended up working okay, but they aren’t winning shit until they at least fire Brown. Any coach that goes 10-72 should be fired regardless of the roster.

Even once they fire Brown, they probably need to make a big change to be true contenders. Either surround Simmons with all shooters, or Embiid, but their styles clash too much. Maybe that could change if Brown was fired. He’s one of the worst coaches in the league. Horford was a retarded free agent signing too.
    The Sixers are closer than they were. If you don't have two superstars (alleged or otherwise) you aren't even in the conversation

Not sure why Brown is still there at all

Every year there are three or 4 teams that could win unless its a Bulls or Warriors year where there is one team that can win

The Denvers and Dallas teams of the world have no shot. Houston remains an enigma

As we speak it is LA LA Bucks, Raptors in the hunt

The Sixers remind me of the George Karl Sonics. Great at home, suck on the road and lose in the playoffs
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

The Sixers are closer than they were. If you don't have two superstars (alleged or otherwise) you aren't even in the conversation

Not sure why Brown is still there at all

Every year there are three or 4 teams that could win unless its a Bulls or Warriors year where there is one team that can win

The Denvers and Dallas teams of the world have no shot. Houston remains an enigma

As we speak it is LA LA Bucks, Raptors in the hunt

The Sixers remind me of the George Karl Sonics. Great at home, suck on the road and lose in the playoffs
    Dallas certainly won’t win this year, but if they get a couple 3 and defense swingmen, they will have a shot in future years. Their offense is having an incredible year. Surround Doncic and Pozingis with defenders and that’s a dangerous team. They might win a round this year.

Agree on Denver. Solid team, well coached, but just not good enough. One borderline star in Jokic and some solid players, but not nearly enough to make noise. A regular season team.

I like the Raptors. They are probably the biggest threat to the Bucks in the East. Very well coached and definitely battle tested from last year. Van Vleet is a fucking winner. One of my favorite players in the league. Lowry is good and Siakam along with Gasol and Ibaka are probably about as good of players as a team can have to possibly slow Giannis down.

I like this year’s Houston team better than the last few years, but Harden disappears and/or wears down. Having Westbrook will help them tho and they could be dangerous if they get hot. Westbrook pushes the tempo and gives them a better shot than Chris Paul did. He’s been playing great lately and not having a center clogging the lane is the ideal situation for both him and Harden.

I could see the 76ers being like the Warriors before they got Steve Kerr. They could be a different team with a new coach. It’s just an unstable organization tho and probably won’t happen.

It’s an interesting season. There is definitely no Warriors type team this year that you can write in as a nearly a sure thing.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was an interesting season
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was an interesting season

Probably the last prime year of LeBron down the drain.

MJ dodges another bullet.