Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I've been to the end of the internet...

13»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I have been enjoying The Blacklist. But they have bad guys who are largely caricatures and absurd. (Solomon was an awesome bad guy though).

The other part that has jumped the shark in Season 4 is when the female agent gets mad that she is making 32% less than her male counterpart. I was disappointed that they were trying to politicize this at the expense of the show. Also, there is no way that she was making that much less than him unless he has been on the job for many years more than her. It took me out of the show, just ridiculous.

I couldn't put my finger on exactly why, but I drifted away from Blacklist. I always had a hard time with Lizzy. She never developed into a consistent character. I also think the actress sucks and the character is immature and impulsive. Shes not even close to being a strong lead.

They also seemed to really start struggling to keep a strong, coherent story arc and episodes started feeling like they were thrown together. Too bad. I still get a kick out of James Spader.
    Disagree about Lizzy, but wholeheartedly agree on the rest. I'm halfway through season 4 and am about to throw in the towel.
    You just like her tits, which is understandable. They do hint at showing them a few times, which temporarily redeemed her.
    I don't watch that show but did a bing image/video search. That gal has some nice knockers. And a sex tape.

brb, yo.

Too busy ubering to post a link eh?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I have been enjoying The Blacklist. But they have bad guys who are largely caricatures and absurd. (Solomon was an awesome bad guy though).

The other part that has jumped the shark in Season 4 is when the female agent gets mad that she is making 32% less than her male counterpart. I was disappointed that they were trying to politicize this at the expense of the show. Also, there is no way that she was making that much less than him unless he has been on the job for many years more than her. It took me out of the show, just ridiculous.

I couldn't put my finger on exactly why, but I drifted away from Blacklist. I always had a hard time with Lizzy. She never developed into a consistent character. I also think the actress sucks and the character is immature and impulsive. Shes not even close to being a strong lead.

They also seemed to really start struggling to keep a strong, coherent story arc and episodes started feeling like they were thrown together. Too bad. I still get a kick out of James Spader.
    Disagree about Lizzy, but wholeheartedly agree on the rest. I'm halfway through season 4 and am about to throw in the towel.
    You just like her tits, which is understandable. They do hint at showing them a few times, which temporarily redeemed her.
    I don't watch that show but did a bing image/video search. That gal has some nice knockers. And a sex tape.

brb, yo.

Too busy ubering to post a link eh?
    Stalin and I have an agreement on NSFW materials. Bing is your fren.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

...and it was glorious. So in my free time, I need some new Netflix/Prime/Hulu options.....

Hit me with some obscure shit. Preferably series over movies. I've consumed a boatload of content but Mrs. Throbber v2.0 demands more. (commence with the appropriate reply to that softball).

This is a movie, but the Chinese film Us and Them is really good. It's a long movie that requires patience, but I thought it was very thought-provoking.
    Did it make you think and care?
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    You’ve probably already watched but Dexter is good. So is Luther. Both a few years old now, but good series. More current, The Outsider on HBO is solid. Also Ozark is pretty great.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    Swaye's Wigwam
    spuden said:

You’ve probably already watched but Dexter is good. So is Luther. Both a few years old now, but good series. More current, The Outsider on HBO is solid. Also Ozark is pretty great.

Dexter scared the shit out of me in Season 4.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    spuden said:

Wife was really into Dexter. I watched with her. I could never get over how absolutely terribly written and acted the sister was. The concept was good, the first few seasons were great, it REALLY jumped the shark after... can't remember how many seasons.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I’ve lost friends telling them how much I hate Dexter. What a piece of shit that show was. I don’t care anymore, obviously, but when it was rolling and people kept saying it was the best show in TV I felt like I was taking crazy pills. The Wire AND The Sopranos were still going and people thought mother fucking DEXTER was better.
  • Options

I’ve lost friends telling them how much I hate Dexter. What a piece of shit that show was. I don’t care anymore, obviously, but when it was rolling and people kept saying it was the best show in TV I felt like I was taking crazy pills. The Wire AND The Sopranos were still going and people thought mother fucking DEXTER was better.

I suggest you bing image search "Julie Benz nude". Quite possibly the perfect woman.

Dumb as a rock in the show. Show jumped the shark in later seasons....but, OMG.....dem tittays.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Its tough to maintain most shows. The whole serial killer with a code thing was fun for a season. Then it became tedious and annoying.

As far as later seasons I enjoyed this one the most

• Options

Its tough to maintain most shows. The whole serial killer with a code thing was fun for a season. Then it became tedious and annoying.

As far as later seasons I enjoyed this one the most

When she finally came correct and ditched her clothes, the show ended on a high note.

In Handmaiden's Tale....not so much. #drab

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought it was a solid show. Not up there with the GOAts however. I won’t make you die on a hill fighting me over Dex.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    Yvonne gets me going
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    Altered carbon v2 is good. Arguably better overall. But altered carbon is my all time favorite book and I love noir detective shit so it can't compare
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mindhunter and Ozark