Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I've been to the end of the internet...

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

Californication might be up your alley if you haven't seen it.

Good show. Kind of like Entourage, it’s not actually good, but if you just think of it as a sitcom with some tits and swearing, it makes it better.
    California is the star of both shows
    Explains why it sucks after a single season.
    Entourage didn't suck until the movie.
    ROFL
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have been enjoying The Blacklist. But they have bad guys who are largely caricatures and absurd. (Solomon was an awesome bad guy though).

The other part that has jumped the shark in Season 4 is when the female agent gets mad that she is making 32% less than her male counterpart. I was disappointed that they were trying to politicize this at the expense of the show. Also, there is no way that she was making that much less than him unless he has been on the job for many years more than her. It took me out of the show, just ridiculous.

I couldn't put my finger on exactly why, but I drifted away from Blacklist. I always had a hard time with Lizzy. She never developed into a consistent character. I also think the actress sucks and the character is immature and impulsive. Shes not even close to being a strong lead.

They also seemed to really start struggling to keep a strong, coherent story arc and episodes started feeling like they were thrown together. Too bad. I still get a kick out of James Spader.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

I have been enjoying The Blacklist. But they have bad guys who are largely caricatures and absurd. (Solomon was an awesome bad guy though).

The other part that has jumped the shark in Season 4 is when the female agent gets mad that she is making 32% less than her male counterpart. I was disappointed that they were trying to politicize this at the expense of the show. Also, there is no way that she was making that much less than him unless he has been on the job for many years more than her. It took me out of the show, just ridiculous.

I couldn't put my finger on exactly why, but I drifted away from Blacklist. I always had a hard time with Lizzy. She never developed into a consistent character. I also think the actress sucks and the character is immature and impulsive. Shes not even close to being a strong lead.

They also seemed to really start struggling to keep a strong, coherent story arc and episodes started feeling like they were thrown together. Too bad. I still get a kick out of James Spader.
    Speaking of James Spader (who I agree is fabulous) I really recommend the series Boston Legal to anyone who hasn’t seen it:

It is an acquired taste, as it’s a little absurd, kitschy and frequently breaks the forth wall. However it’s really well acted and written IMO. I imagine it’s how a HCH law firm would be (Creepy Stalin Bannon & Associates, LLC).
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Speaking of James Spader (who I agree is fabulous) I really recommend the series Boston Legal to anyone who hasn’t seen it:

It is an acquired taste, as it’s a little absurd, kitschy and frequently breaks the forth wall. However it’s really well acted and written IMO. I imagine it’s how a HCH law firm would be (Creepy Stalin Bannon & Associates, LLC).
    DENNY CRANE!!!!

• Options
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My wife wanted to cut some costs and get rid of movie channels (we are pour) - but I got hung up watching Pennyworth on EPIX and convinced her not to.

Any series that has Bruce Wayne's butler doing the Queen in his (and her) younger days can't be all bad.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I've caught bits of that show when someone else was watching. The parts I saw were pretty damn funny. Those two old characters are great on screen together. Captain Kirk is almost always good for a laugh from me, and I've been a Spader fan since the 80s.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I've caught bits of that show when someone else was watching. The parts I saw were pretty damn funny. Those two old characters are great on screen together. Captain Kirk is almost always good for a laugh from me, and I've been a Spader fan since the 80s.
    Less than Zero was his archetype in the 80's

Then he did a movie with Rob Lowe where Spader was the mark and Lowe was the sociopath who ruined his life

The only reason to watch Blacklist is Spader. We're in like year 7 of discovering the secret of who the daddy is and I simply don't give a shit anymore

Lowe is now in a 9-11 show on FOX
  • Options

chuck said:

chuck said:

Then he did a movie with Rob Lowe where Spader was the mark and Lowe was the sociopath who ruined his life

The only reason to watch Blacklist is Spader. We're in like year 7 of discovering the secret of who the daddy is and I simply don't give a shit anymore

I like my Dems to be tuff and starring in sex tapes during their national convention.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    i discovered something old that i had never seen before...one episode in and i'm hooked. It's called Party Down.
  • Options

Great suggestions all -

But Narcos:Mexico Season 2 dropped last night. So I'm good for the weekend.

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    Man in the High Castle
    Bloodline
    Black Mirror
    Californication

Party Down is great

one thing I did a few years ago was watch a few old series:
    Twilight Zone
    Outer Limits, old and new (The new version had tits and ass!)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Disagree about Lizzy, but wholeheartedly agree on the rest. I'm halfway through season 4 and am about to throw in the towel.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

Spoiler alert?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I stumbled across this, it's really good. Binged on it for two nights.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80153467

"Unbelievable"

it's about 8 episodes long, one shot deal miniseries. very well acted, good story. It has an underlying message about the handling of rapes but it's not overt, heavy handed, bash you over the head type of thing. Incredibly well done.

Another one we binged on was "You" on netflix. If you liked Dexter, this is similar. It's good, holds your attention, easy to watch ... it's just good. Give it a shot.

Someone mentioned this one in another thread so we checked it out, threw it on to try it and wound up binging for a few days. Do it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

chuck said:

Disagree about Lizzy, but wholeheartedly agree on the rest. I'm halfway through season 4 and am about to throw in the towel.
    You just like her tits, which is understandable. They do hint at showing them a few times, which temporarily redeemed her.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    The Outsider on HBO has been fantastic so far. Directed by and starring Jason Bateman. It's a classic Stephen King slow, suspenseful burn, with a very True Detective S1 feel to it. One of the few HBO shows with no tits though, so be warned.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

You just like her tits, which is understandable. They do hint at showing them a few times, which temporarily redeemed her.
    I don't watch that show but did a bing image/video search. That gal has some nice knockers. And a sex tape.

brb, yo.

• Options
    Found McMillions on HBO. Crazy crime scam on fraud in their Monopoly game that went on for 20 years or so. Love the rogue FBI agent guy. Good character.