Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I've been to the end of the internet...

...and it was glorious. So in my free time, I need some new Netflix/Prime/Hulu options.....

Hit me with some obscure shit. Preferably series over movies. I've consumed a boatload of content but Mrs. Throbber v2.0 demands more. (commence with the appropriate reply to that softball).

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Prime
    The Expanse
    The Patriot

Netflix
    Sex Education
    Easy
    The Witcher
    Big Mouth
    Triple Frontier
    Outlaw King
    The King
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Godfather of Harlem - Epix
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Prime
    The Expanse
    The Patriot

Netflix
    Sex Education
    Easy
    The Witcher
    Big Mouth
    Triple Frontier
    Outlaw King
    The King

A second on Patriot. Outstanding, but give it a few episodes. It's kinda unique.

On Prime, I really enjoyed The Boys, and I've had a metric assfull of comicbook shit. Really funny.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just watched a show called You about a likeable stalker. I think it was on Netflix. It was pretty good.

That's all I got. Kind of in the same boat as you.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    If Mrs Throbber is into trashy reality shows The Circle was surprisingly interesting look at the men and catfish who post on Hardcore Husky (well actually it's a game about social media but it definitely applies here).
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,947
    edited February 2020
    dnc said:

If Mrs Throbber is into trashy reality shows The Circle was surprisingly interesting look at the men and catfish who post on Hardcore Husky (well actually it's a game about social media but it definitely applies here).

She hates reality TV. Except for Shark Tank. Shark Tank is fucking awesome. Last night had two sweet episodes - including one where the founder of Ring came back as a shark after they rejected him a few years back. He's $1 Billion richer now.

Sometimes Mrs. Throbber v2.0 calls me Mr. Wonderful in the midst of passion. I think that is a good thing. Or she's fantasizing about a bald kinda fat Canadian instead. Either way, I'm fine with that.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

She hates reality TV. Except for Shark Tank. Shark Tank is fucking awesome. Last night had two sweet episodes - including one where the founder of Ring came back as a shark after they rejected him a few years back. He's $1 Billion richer now.

Sometimes Mrs. Throbber v2.0 calls me Mr. Wonderful in the midst of passion. I think that is a good thing. Or she's fantasizing about a bald kinda fat Canadian instead. Either way, I'm fine with that.

Listing Impossible follows Shark Tank
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Californication might be up your alley if you haven't seen it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Shark Tank is still decent, but it’s steadily gotten worse.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club

...and it was glorious. So in my free time, I need some new Netflix/Prime/Hulu options.....

Hit me with some obscure shit. Preferably series over movies. I've consumed a boatload of content but Mrs. Throbber v2.0 demands more. (commence with the appropriate reply to that softball).

This is a movie, but the Chinese film Us and Them is really good. It's a long movie that requires patience, but I thought it was very thought-provoking.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Huh?

Oh, right.

I have two recommendations, both based off of comic books:

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

Sally Draper from Mad Men is now in high school and is half witch/half mortal. About to swear her allegiance to the Devil...you know, normal teenage girl stuff.

https://youtu.be/ybKUX6thF8Q

Lucifer

Super hot guy lives in Los Angeles and runs a nightclub. Turns out he’s the Devil. His mortal buddy gets killed and he helps a super hot lady detective solve the case. It’s like Law & Order, with demons and angels.

https://youtu.be/KRQb74Cr9N0
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The first season of Lucifer was good. Then they got lost in bullshit
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good show. Kind of like Entourage, it’s not actually good, but if you just think of it as a sitcom with some tits and swearing, it makes it better.
    California is the star of both shows
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Good show. Kind of like Entourage, it’s not actually good, but if you just think of it as a sitcom with some tits and swearing, it makes it better.
    Explains why it sucks after a single season.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Entourage didn't suck until the movie.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like to have 4 seasons, three of which suck
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club
    I have been enjoying The Blacklist. But they have bad guys who are largely caricatures and absurd. (Solomon was an awesome bad guy though).

The other part that has jumped the shark in Season 4 is when the female agent gets mad that she is making 32% less than her male counterpart. I was disappointed that they were trying to politicize this at the expense of the show. Also, there is no way that she was making that much less than him unless he has been on the job for many years more than her. It took me out of the show, just ridiculous.