Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ouch NFL.COM (Regarding Salvon Ahmed)

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,598 Founders Club
    Our wood be OC Andy Reid would get Ahmed in "space" and let it rip downfield. Speed speed speed is wasted by the old staff here
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Doogles said:

I’m convinced if all he did was the jet sweep he'd have been lethal and the entire offense would have opened up.

Give him one read one angle and put pressure on the D to contain his ass. Sometimes football is as simple as having the faster guy beat the slower guy to a spot.

Oregon has a receiver built like a RB, I think his last name is Redd (FREE PUB for @Swaye). They used that guy a play went in motion to the left of the formation, faked the run to the right and threw back to Redd where he had open field in front of him.

It was a good way to get the defense moving away from the play and creating an opportunity for a guy to make someone miss.

We? could’ve done the same with Ahmed but instead we ran Pete’s offense and kept putting Bacciella on the field.
    I remember that play and that is exactly the type of stuff we should have done with Ahmed. We rarely did. I don’t think we had many, maybe not any, designated passes to him where he wasn’t just a check down option.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717

He was chronically misused by the coaches. The Stanford game comes to mind. His total lack of involvement in the passing game. I’d LEAVE! too.

Newton was tearing it up against Stanford until he got hurt, mainly because he has at least average vision and can actually break a tackle. Ahmed sucked in that game because of his limitations.

Ahmed is like Eason, one elite characteristic combined with three below average characteristics.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,366 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    I'm not even going to read all the comments because the first few were just sucking each other off for "knowing this already".

HA

Scene 1: This ENTIRE board loved him coming into this season. He was going to be an athlete at another level and no one else had the chops.

Scene 2: A FRESHMAN rb comes in and takes his carries.

Scene 3: He is mediocre with elite flashes and leaves early because he knows the younger runners in the room will beat him out again this year and drop him in the draft next year.

I have said Mcgrew > achmed at this level and I stand by that.

Achmed couldn't block or catch a ball.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Canadawg said:

I'm not even going to read all the comments because the first few were just sucking each other off for "knowing this already".

HA

Scene 1: This ENTIRE board loved him coming into this season. He was going to be an athlete at another level and no one else had the chops.

Scene 3: He is mediocre with elite flashes and leaves early because he knows the younger runners in the room will beat him out again this year and drop him in the draft next year.

I didn't.
  • But Ahmed > Gaskin ~ BallzFS
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Our coaching was comically bad at managing talent and resources at times.

Just sitting at home watching games and wondering what the fuck Petersen was doing? Wondering what Hamden was doing?

People getting paid extremes amount of money and have no fucking clue ... while armchair quarterbacks and GM's are screaming at the television or computer screen
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,456 Founders Club

Canadawg said:

HA

I didn't.
    I didn't either. I was indifferent.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don’t remember everyone loving him. I think most were vocal about being unsure that he was an everydown back entering the season.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,978

I don’t remember everyone loving him. I think most were vocal about being unsure that he was an everydown back entering the season.

This. Only a few doogs were counting on him to contribute more than he did. Most here saw his limitations.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

The Donny Mateaki of our offense
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    Crazy how bad our (?) RB coaching was last year, just a year after MMFG set the all tim UW rushing record. The same MMFG who struggled to get carries on the 2nd worst team in the NFL. (He is also one of my 3 all tim favorite Dawgs, so don't twist)
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Canadawg said:

HA

Huh?