Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Jimmy lands Costello...

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @ThomasFremont go read my previous comments again you illiterate bogun
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

@ThomasFremont go read my previous comments again you illiterate bogun

No
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I give my reasons for my opinions and defend them usually with evidence. Some on those boards are spiteful and argue with emotion like here. Maybe you would like to elaborate rather than merely inferring something and doing a juvenile hit and run attack.

WTF'ed for bashing hit and run attacks.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2020
    I'm glad we didn't get Costello...

2018:

12 TD's 2 picks against OSU, UCLA, WSU... among the worst D's the Pac 12 in 2018.

10 TD's 6 picks against UW, Cal, USC, Oregon, ASU, Utah, Notre Dame... teams that could actually play defense. His 10-6 ratio saved by a 3 TD, 0 Int game against Oregon. Really his only great game of 2018 against a quality opponent.

6 more TD's and 2 picks came against SDSU and Cal Davis.

6 for 17 in their bowl game vs Pittsburg for 105 yards no TD's... we'd skewer Browning or Eason if they did that.

... then I went and watched every play against UCF where they got blown out... wasn't injured then and probably should have thrown at least 5 picks in that game. made horrible decisions through out... inaccurate. We know who he is... an underachieving former 5-star who has reached his ceiling and it ain't all that high.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

2018:

12 TD's 2 picks against OSU, UCLA, WSU... among the worst D's the Pac 12 in 2018.

10 TD's 6 picks against UW, Cal, USC, Oregon, ASU, Utah, Notre Dame... teams that could actually play defense. His 10-6 ratio saved by a 3 TD, 0 Int game against Oregon. Really his only great game of 2018 against a quality opponent.

6 for 17 in their bowl game vs Pittsburg for 105 yards no TD's... we'd skewer Browning or Eason if they did that.

... then I went and watched every play against UCF where they got blown out... wasn't injured then and probably should have thrown at least 5 picks in that game. made horrible decisions through out... inaccurate. We know who he is... an underachieving former 5-star who has reached his ceiling and it ain't all that high.

Our fan base is full of retards
    They did go to UW, so yeah
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    This is a healthy KJ Costello vs UCF last year. Watch this and tell me this is a guy you want leading UW’s offense:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-gt3vqpWBU

He looks like utter dogshit.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2018:

Our fan base is full of retards
    And this guy is their captain.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We’ll re-visit this thread. KJ Costello is an average college QB and he’ll prove it in the SEC.

Idk why you all have such wild wood for the guy...

The Dawgs need to give the ball to a guy in the program and rely on their coaching to get him where he needs to be for the program to be successful. I don’t care to bring in 1 year guys... Costello wasn’t leading next year’s squad to serious success... And all it does is stunt the growth of a QB who can down the road, and who knows... maybe we’ll catch lightning in a bottle with one of them next year. What does that say about our QB development if we bring in 4x 4-star QB’s and not one of em is any good? Costello doesn’t fix that problem if that’s actually the case and all it does is carry the problem over to the next year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We’ll re-visit this thread. KJ Costello is an average college QB and he’ll prove it in the SEC.

The Dawgs need to give the ball to a guy in the program and rely on their coaching to get him where he needs to be for the program to be successful. I don’t care to bring in 1 year guys... Costello wasn’t leading next year’s squad to serious success... And all it does is stunt the growth of a QB who can down the road.

We're know you're a doog because you don't care about winning
  • Options

The Dawgs need to give the ball to a guy in the program and rely on their coaching to get him where he needs to be for the program to be successful. I don’t care to bring in 1 year guys... Costello wasn’t leading next year’s squad to serious success... And all it does is stunt the growth of a QB who can down the road.

We're know you're a doog because you don't care about winning
    Oh I care about winning as much as anyone... I just don’t agree that Costello was going to lead us to more winning. I think he’s average.

Good QB’s go 6 of 17 vs Pittsburg in a bowl game for barely 100 yards as a JR?

Good QB’s go 21-44 vs UCF (most of those completions in garbage time) for 199 yards as a SR?

A freshman QB for UCF totally outclassed him... Costello was missing wideouts left and right, taking his offense off the field... down 28-7... good, experienced QB’s do that? Please.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And I can cherry pick stats showing his good games

He is an experienced Pac 12 QB who beat both Washington and Oregon unlike the refuse on our roster picked by a guy that thought Cyler Miles was the answer

There was no downside only upside to getting him. Unless you're a doog
  • Options
    edited February 2020

And I can cherry pick stats showing his good games

He is an experienced Pac 12 QB who beat both Washington and Oregon unlike the refuse on our roster picked by a guy that thought Cyler Miles was the answer

There was no downside only upside to getting him. Unless you're a doog

There’s downside.

You bring him in, he performs worse than Eason (which is likely in my estimation), and we’re no closer to developing a QB we already have in the program.

And what does it tell your team? You don’t have faith in the guys you recruited, and you don’t have faith in their brothers that they’ve spent the last 2-3 years fighting with to get their chance.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

If he sucks he wouldn't play

It tells your team produce or get the fuck out

You know, like winners do

Eason starting last year already told them that anyway

If the produce or get the fuck out attitude isn’t already in place with Costello 3,000 miles away... what does that say about the team’s culture?

I would hope “produce or get the fuck out” is already a given... shouldn’t need Costello to do that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the produce or get the fuck out attitude isn’t already in place with Costello 3,000 miles away... what does that say about the team’s culture?

I would hope “produce or get the fuck out” is already a given... shouldn’t need Costello to do that.
    Obviously it isn't since you're worried about hurt feelings and the team sucked last year but sure everything is awesome and going into the year with no QB should work out great
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Obviously it isn't since you're worried about hurt feelings and the team sucked last year but sure everything is awesome and going into the year with no QB should work out great

I actually agree with you... nothing says the culture is bad more than Opera and Fuller playing over Puka and Spiker last year.

But if our program is that weak mentally, we’ve got much worse problems that Costello could never even sniff fixing. I don’t believe that to be true... but its not hard to believe college kids, no matter how tough they are, want to see their guys who they’ve fought with get a shot over some transfer from Stanford of all places.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OK then. We good