Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Strength Coach Speaks

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I like to whine about people calling me out for always posting about crossfit. I like to say im trying to give my friends motivation to better their lives I do that.

God, don't even get me started on crossfit. The people who are good at crossfit had been doing traditional lifting long before that shit came out.

Making inexperienced people do olympic lifts for high reps is a great way to get them hurt
    It is a fucking cult. It is like the Islam of weight lifting.

Fixed for the terrorist connections.
    Christians were the terrorists between 300-1800 AD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition
    Jake Almighty man, Christians were being terrorized from 100-300 until Constantine entered the scene.

#PersecutionSuperiorityGuy

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,575
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I like to whine about people calling me out for always posting about crossfit. I like to say im trying to give my friends motivation to better their lives I do that.

God, don't even get me started on crossfit. The people who are good at crossfit had been doing traditional lifting long before that shit came out.

Making inexperienced people do olympic lifts for high reps is a great way to get them hurt

Christians were the terrorists between 300-1800 AD.

Jake Almighty man, Christians were being terrorized from 100-300 until Constantine entered the scene.

#PersecutionSuperiorityGuy

Good call, I forgot about dem Romans.

• Options
    poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    Cross fit = retarded white people who pay $$ for someone to tell them to hang from a bar and pretend to be a fish flopping...
  • Options
    Founders Club

As someone who used to lift 6 days a week, it doesn't take a PhD in Kinesiology to know that machines suck dick and don't give you the results of free weights. It also doesn't take a genius to know that 90% of supplements are bullshit...just eat a lot of fucking food.

Ivan was most likely a dumbass, like Sark.

A bunch of fatasses at my gym keep buying new supplements because they say the ones they tried before aren't working. It is pretty funny, I always tell them they eat like shit and that is the reason why they don't see results. Then it's always some faggy response like "Nah bro you need your A6R5432DgD branch chain amino acids with Kefstosaterisene. The buff dude at GNC told me"

Christ people just make sure to get your calories/protein/fats, it isn't that hard stop eating like F3.
    Even eating like shit isn't that big of a deal if you're getting calories/protein/fat and doing cardio. Obviously you won't feel as great being on the nacho/fast food diet, but you'll still build muscle mass.

GNC is such a fucking joke. I can't believe people go there to buy $100 cases of protein powder, powder that has half the amount of protein that it claims to.

I saw a great article online that im too lazy to look up. Some university chemist tested a bunch of protein powder brands to see how much protein is actually in the powder. Long story short, supplement companies are full of shit 90% of the time.
    Even worse is the advocare

isn't that the shit ivan promoted? lol

I'm sure the guy knows what he's doing training teams, for the most part. but pushing supplements is shady as fuck, I highly doubt someone that is a college strength coach actually believes it helps more than a fraction of a percent.

You know what helps? Fucking working hard.

The only supplements I take (on ocassion) are preworkouts. Some of those things make me feel higher than 3 lines of coca-cola. They can't be healthy, or regulated well...lol
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club

Christians were the terrorists between 100-1800 AD.

disagree

The Moors ruled Spain for a few centuries.
  • Options
    Founders Club

disagree

Christians were being terrorists in other places not named Spain.

Sociopaths using religion as an excuse to kill people is a time-honored human tradition
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    poc81 said:

Cross fit = retarded white people who pay $$ for someone to tell them to hang from a bar and pretend to be a fish flopping...

I go to the downtown Tacoma YMCA because it's the only Y in town that doesn't allow kids. It has been invaded, however, by the crossfit people (they call it something else because crossfit is trademarked). Let me tell you something. I'll take the screaming brats running around the place any day over the lemon party-esque behavior that goes on in the not-crossfit circles. The other day there was a guy walking around the gym doing ridiculous workouts in a full on fucking Bain-style oxygen mask. People stayed away from him but you could tell that he thought he was fucking badass. I'm sure he paid about 400 dollars for the thing too. And I'm sure he had plenty to say about his new toy on Facebook afterwards.
  • Options

disagree

Sociopaths using religion as an excuse to kill people is a time-honored human tradition
    huh?

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

disagree

huh?

sociopath:

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

HTH courtesy of dictionary.com
  • Options

dnc said:

disagree

huh?

sociopath:

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

are you new here?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

disagree

huh?

sociopath:

are you new here?
    huh?

hardy fucking har
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Socha is a "rep" for Advocare as well. I remember making fun of Ivan for repping it too, but after looking it up, pretty much every strength coach in America represents the shit for money on the side.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I've heard that lifting weights is only half the battle. You have to post about it on Facebook every time you go to the gym to see real results.

BRB, 1RM

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fuck those machines Ivan installed, I lift boulder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEVSJQTcxJo

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

disagree

The Moops ruled Spain for a few centuries.

Fixed for accuracy.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck those machines Ivan installed, I lift boulder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEVSJQTcxJo

Oh fuck, that looks like it hurt.