Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kobe and his daughter went to mass before their death

RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
They both took communion right before they died.
How many of you got up and went to church before 7 on Sunday? This might not mean much to any of you non-Catholics but I'm telling you it's a big deal. Kobe changed his life in a good way that the media will never portray. He was a better man than me at the end of his life. Now he and his daughter are among the Communion of Saints.

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Many non-Catholics take the sacrament of communion.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    Founders Club
    what a cool day for catholics!
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Transubstantiation
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,572
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

How many of you got up and went to church before 7 on Sunday? This might not mean much to any of you non-Catholics but I'm telling you it's a big deal. Kobe changed his life in a good way that the media will never portray. He was a better man than me at the end of his life. Now he and his daughter are among the Communion of Saints.

Looks like going to mass is overrated.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    DJDuck said:

Transubstantiation
    Ritualized imagined cannibalism.

I kid. Mostly.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club
    ramenduck said:

DJDuck said:

Transubstantiation
    Ritualized imagined cannibalism.

I kid. Mostly.
    It's all good. I had heard rumors of Kobe's conversion or coming back to his faith. He was a dedicated man and it's comforting and inspiring to me to know a man like him prioritzed his faith in God above his obvious commitments.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,591
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Why is that? Going to Mass/Services/Temple is not about getting a force field around you. Sometimes, people of faith want to go worship, pray for forgiveness, guidance, or just say thanks. I appreciate your smugness- When are you, Lemon, and Acosta going out for Appletinis?
  • Options

HHusky said:

Why is that? Going to Mass/Services/Temple is not about getting a force field around you. Sometimes, people of faith want to go worship, pray for forgiveness, guidance, or just say thanks. I appreciate your smugness- When are you, Lemon, and Acosta going out for Appletinis?
    It's just a joke, gd. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The defense of the lame ass. I was just joking!!!
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I was joking. But stalkers gotta stalk.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bigots gotta be bigots.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bigots gotta be bigots.

Guys, guys. No heathen is going to convince a true believer to change his/her/their mind and vice versa. Leave it be.

Can we git back to the issue at hand which is being a better man and tithing to Stalin? The Catholic Church is free too, but if one has the means a few bucks should be put into the collection basket/plate.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,418
    Swaye's Wigwam

DJDuck said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bigots gotta be bigots.

Guys, guys. No heathen is going to convince a true believer to change his/her/their mind and vice versa. Leave it be.

Can we git back to the issue at hand which is being a better man and tithing to Stalin? The Catholic Church is free too, but if one has the means a few bucks should be put into the collection basket/plate.
    STFU about the money
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can pollute your piss board if you want to go this route
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can pollute your piss board if you want to go this route

You have to do what you believe is best for the Hardcore Husky community.

Many here supported my raising awareness to the issue of free beer, cognitive dissonance. Some have generously donated in response.

Imagine thinking that doing a little ball busting to help Derek keep this place afloat is a bad thing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's boring and repetitive
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,823
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Trump said he was only joking about slow Joe. You on board now?