Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dream scenario, WSU hires Graham Harrell. They keep running the air raid offense against the UW defense for years to come. USC then has two find two coordinators this off season that Clay won't be allowed to hire. Hilarity ensues.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dream scenario, WSU hires Graham Harrell. They keep running the air raid offense against the UW defense for years to come. USC then has two find two coordinators this off season that Clay won't be allowed to hire. Hilarity ensues.

Other than it might shorten clay's illustrious tenure.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:
    I though this was funny when I first saw it but it’s not like he committed to another coach and then Leach was hired. The fucking kid committed to Leach and it’s not like Leach has a history of the air raid or anything.
    WWII vets signed up specially for war, to be on a war, knowing they would be in a war and to defend America. They get much gratitude and respect.

Enlisted now and since, even in times of war, most % wise, don't actually carry a weapon in battle and those that do, in my experience, love that kind of thing. Also, the "defend America" thing hasn't been part of our wars fork decades. They are made up political billshit that don't need to happen, but they convince the masses they do, then families loss people for no fucking good reason and that's sickening.

I know many enlisted people. They did it as a career choice. Good for them. I'm not knocking it, but spare me the thank you for your service patriot i did it for my country and gave up a lucrative career to do it bullshit

Most do it because it's their best option for a current job, training, and college money. Most, not all, but most. Many because they don't have a lot of other options. Sorry if facts offend you.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:
    I though this was funny when I first saw it but it’s not like he committed to another coach and then Leach was hired. The fucking kid committed to Leach and it’s not like Leach has a history of the air raid or anything.
    He's not going to be nearly as good outside of the Air Raid.

He's never seen a 7 man box.
    THIS. You need big boy football, with a big boy O line, to run at a stacked box when they know it's coming.

It's much easier said than done. Everybody wants to do it, because when you do, you control the game even w/o a great defense. But most teams can't, least of all Cuog!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HuskyJW said:
    WWII vets signed up specially for war, to be on a war, knowing they would be in a war and to defend America. They get much gratitude and respect.

Enlisted now and since, even in times of war, most % wise, don't actually carry a weapon in battle and those that do, in my experience, love that kind of thing. Also, the "defend America" thing hasn't been part of our wars fork decades. They are made up political billshit that don't need to happen, but they convince the masses they do, then families loss people for no fucking good reason and that's sickening.

I know many enlisted people. They did it as a career choice. Good for them. I'm not knocking it, but spare me the thank you for your service patriot i did it for my country and gave up a lucrative career to do it bullshit

Most do it because it's their best option for a current job, training, and college money. Most, not all, but most. Many because they don't have a lot of other options. Sorry if facts offend you.
    I feel like I basically say this all the tim, but somehow it doesn't come off as well when I do it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Borghi is the definition of a swing back. He knows it. He had an opportunity to troll the pirate and He took it. Somebody had to do it.