Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who were the fucktards that stood out in the freezing cold and dark with that stupid ass cake?

Comments

• Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    So many belly laughs
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The story was that Turner talked to Urban and Urban thought Todd was a weirdo

Which he was

That one always leaves me gutted.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Which he was

That one always leaves me truly gutted and sick to my stomach reading it.
    obligatory correction
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Which he was

That one always leaves me truly gutted and sick to my stomach reading it.
    obligatory correction
    I always forget what the second stanza of that one is.

Look at that, I'm wrong again today.
  • Options
    WDWHAWDWHA Member Posts: 100
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:
    RIP www.gridironstats.com and @idawg (whoever the fuck that is)

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Which he was

“It’s all about winning the Rose Bowl. . . Yada, yada, yada.”

I can’t remember which one of those motherfuckers I hated more, but I was close to dragging try off the pier and drowning his scrawny ass at the Coaches show at Anthony’s.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mooser42 said:

TommySQC said:

Mooser42 said:

@Mooser42 could tell it best, but a group of HH posters got together to go sing happy birthday to Jim Mora at his house around Medina. He obviously never took the job (maybe wasn't offered), so the joke was that they should have brought pie instead of cake. Pretty sure @CokeGreaterThanPepsi was there too.

There was a glorious website (www.hirejimmora.com) that was created as sort of a joke, then Softy and Kim latched on and used me as a pawn to drive subscriptions and listeners. Being young and stupid, I agreed to help their subscription drive with the promise of fame and fortune (lol).

One day before Mora's birthday, I got a PM on DM.c from Softy asking if I could round up some fucktards to meet at the entrance to Mora's neighborhood (there was only one way in or out). I put out the fucktarded call on DM.c and HHB and several fucktards showed up at the gas station just outside his neighborhood. King of the wannabe fucktards Softy showed up with a cake from QFC. After 2 hours in the cold, there was no mora, but some red headed bag of dicks from KOMO radio showed up to interview us. Softy paniced cause he thinks hes famous and hid with his cake and the rest of us left that red headed asshole standing there with his microphone in the dark. After we left, Softy left that stupid QFC cake on Mora's doorstep and then Mora told UW to fuckoff. I got a nice email from Mora thanking me for my service and asking me to support Skidark. Now I am known as the asshole who baked a cake instead of a pie even though Softy brought the cake from QFC and wrote HBD JIM on it with some canned frosting.

Pretty sure 2 of the participants are now married. Match.com at Moras?

As the primary reason for them finding each other and getting married, I’m still hurt I wasn’t invited. Really though I would have left when I found out there was no booze and only pepsi.
    Wedding was inside Tubby Graves
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    LawDawg1 said:

instead of complaining about Willingham, it was a failed civil duty to try to lure Mora in a very creepy stalking way. Perhaps it backfired and we? we were all saved in the end anyway.

Chinned this anyway.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

veterans don't like to talk about the horrors of war. just leave the grandpas alone.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,120
    Founders Club

In 2007 iDawg and I started the bowl ineligible let's get rid of Ty podcast after a losing season was assured rather easily

You may have heard of the Millen Stats. He showed how coaches who sucked but not as bad as Ty sucked never even got back to Lambo level after three bad years like Ty had here.

We thought if the DAWGS lost to Hawaii Ty would be fired. The DAWGS lost and for a few days the rumors flew but Ty stayed. Insert NAACP and Sean Alexander vitriol here but the fucking moron Emmert made the call.

At this point Jim Mora did not have a contract or a job having been "let go" by the Falcons. We wanted him to restore the Husky PRIDE and brand and yes visions of Pete Carroll danced through our head. Failed in the NFL but not that bad. Mora got credit for Vick and the Falcons being the first road team to win at Lambeu even though he was DC and Reeves was still head coach. Ty won several Rose Bowls. Shit happens noses get broken and stuff.

At any rate as we suffered through Owen 12 the Hawks made Mora head coach in waiting so he did in fact have a CONTRACT for 09, but not for 08. The Hawks agreed with iDAWG and me that Mora was a good choice. Then fired him after one year. We got Sark. Mora got UCLA. Everyone got fucked except the HAWKS who got Pete.

Mora ran Tiger Mountain and cake was there. I did not attend.

The only take away after all this time is that Ty should have been fired after 07. The rest is speculation

Hugh had a secret meeting with Emmert and showed him those "Millen Stats" on the nerd machine. Emmert showed great interest in what Hugh had to say, but it was all for not.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

I remember during that period multiple Doogs thought Emmert and Woody should make Saban say no.

Many believed Pinkel --if offered -- would LEAVE his 10 win SEC Missouri team because that's what loyal Huskies do.

Then there were the Urban Meyer tales. Urban was interested in the UW job but Turner wanted Tyrone. Chuck Heater said so, allegedly. All bullshit.

long before UW began looking for a new coach, Notre Dame, through back channels had approached Meyer--then killing it at Utah-- before axing Ty. At the same time, Florida was readying their offer.

A few Doogs believed Pete Carroll might have interest. He had nothing left to prove at SC; the challenge of rebuilding the once mighty Washington would surely appeal to his competitive nature.

Several brought up Mike Holmgrens name. Any recruit Holmgren showed his Super bowl rings would surely sign with UW

Peterman was a popular pick, as he should have been. Of course he said no when he still had the fire in his belly.

Those screenshots would be worth more than gold, today.

All of this is accurate and spot on except the first sentence. Nobody ever thought Saban would come here in a million years. It was a HHB joke to say "Just make Saban say no"

I've used that line a few times over the years, and one time I saw on another forum where I was being ridiculed because the person saw my comment on HH and honestly thought I believed Saban could come here.
    There was a contingent that thought because of the James/Saban connection, and with enough money Nick might take the job. This was Washington, remember.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Baseman said:

I remember during that period multiple Doogs thought Emmert and Woody should make Saban say no.

Many believed Pinkel --if offered -- would LEAVE his 10 win SEC Missouri team because that's what loyal Huskies do.

Then there were the Urban Meyer tales. Urban was interested in the UW job but Turner wanted Tyrone. Chuck Heater said so, allegedly. All bullshit.

long before UW began looking for a new coach, Notre Dame, through back channels had approached Meyer--then killing it at Utah-- before axing Ty. At the same time, Florida was readying their offer.

A few Doogs believed Pete Carroll might have interest. He had nothing left to prove at SC; the challenge of rebuilding the once mighty Washington would surely appeal to his competitive nature.

Several brought up Mike Holmgrens name. Any recruit Holmgren showed his Super bowl rings would surely sign with UW

Peterman was a popular pick, as he should have been. Of course he said no when he still had the fire in his belly.

Those screenshots would be worth more than gold, today.

All of this is accurate and spot on except the first sentence. Nobody ever thought Saban would come here in a million years. It was a HHB joke to say "Just make Saban say no"

I've used that line a few times over the years, and one time I saw on another forum where I was being ridiculed because the person saw my comment on HH and honestly thought I believed Saban could come here.
    Nah there were some people at DM.c who seriously thought Saban loved working for The Football President and would pick up and move across the country to take over Don James’ legacy.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    Founders Club

And a young YaleDawg and I discussed the looming revolution in 2007. He was the third man in

Now ask yourself why

Citrus fiesta?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    Founders Club

LaZoris said:

Can someone re-tell the story for us younger doogs?

I'm not going to get into the whole thing, but will just point out that the shitty end of the Willingham regime and coach search lead directly to many of the oft-posted phrases on this site.
    Examples would include people pointing out that Mora, a favorite for next coach by many, couldn't possibly become coach because HE HAS A CONTRACT.
    The chance of Mora becoming coach is also responsible for the Eklund 81% wrong thing, and the aftermath of hiring Sark with whom many were underwhelmed lead to "Free pub!" since he was coaching at USC through their bowl game and UW would be mentioned several tims.
    I believe that was the last straw that got Damone banned from DM too? (Hmm, was "funny the first 23 times" in there too, or did that pre-date the coach search? I can't remember.)

My own meager contribution would include being among the louder ones ranting about the clear superiority of pie vs cake when making a homemade dessert to take to a certain former UW player on a certain island in hopes that your undying love and support would convince him to abandon the Seahawks and come to save his alma mater.
    Cheers--
    FREE PUB! Was my ultimate banning cause never to be reversed. That was the final straw in a long history of doogman tension. There was a Free Damone campaign that lead to “Damone” showing up as ****** that i think exists to this day.

“23 times” was before that. That was when I was told many times that “a little goes a long ways”
    I was part of the Free Damone campaign. Might’ve even received a couple PMs from Kim about my exuberant support of the campaign.
    #MeToo