Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I am happy

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

I'm down for Sling.
    Make your case.
    Good offensive mind. Efficient balanced up tempo offense. Prefers tall athletic dual QB threats. Developed a raw Mariotta into a Heisman winner. Won with VAJ. Signed and began Herbert's development. Helfrich did miss on Tua and Kelly called the plays at Oregon. Kelly credited Helfrich for Oregon's offensive success.

Helfrich will appeal to highly rated HS QBs. Huff and Adams are proven recruiters. we need a solid x and os OC.

Agree about X’s and O’s. Call plays and play to the strengths of the players. That’s it.

Helfrich can recruit fine and the NFL stint probably helps that a little bit. We have Huard coming in already, and he’s a great prospect but I would love some mobile QB’s. The teams that win every year all seem to have them. It’s important.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Helfrich blasted the doors off a team in the playoffs 2 years after chipper threw himself into a wood chipper

He knows offense. Id be happy with him. The guy did more for Oregon than Pete did for UW

He didn’t do more. He took over a team that was already primed to be great. Then they fell off a cliff because he’s a shit head coach.

Pete took a 7-9 win program and had them winning conference titles and 10+ games. Helfrich didn’t do more. Reverse the situations and Oregon never goes in the shitter and UW doesn’t improve and we have no conference titles or playoff appearance.
    Too much logic here

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Helfrich blasted the doors off a team in the playoffs 2 years after chipper threw himself into a wood chipper

He knows offense. Id be happy with him. The guy did more for Oregon than Pete did for UW

He didn’t do more. He took over a team that was already primed to be great. Then they fell off a cliff because he’s a shit head coach.

Pete took a 7-9 win program and had them winning conference titles and 10+ games. Helfrich didn’t do more. Reverse the situations and Oregon never goes in the shitter and UW doesn’t improve and we have no conference titles or playoff appearance.
    Too much logic here

Well, Asians *are* known for their sound logic.
  • Options
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

FireCohen said:

Sling blade has rose bowl win

Lot of Larry Coker fluffers in this thread.

Fuck.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

A counterpoint to bring up for everyone saying it was all Chip at Oregon:

Why have Chip’s offenses at UCLA sucked and looked nothing schematically like the elite ones he had at Oregon?

Defenses have adjusted to the spread. However, the UCLA offense did improve as the season went on. They are going to be a threat to win the south next year. I guess that isn’t saying much.
  • Options
    As long as you’re comfortable with Jimmy calling plays, Helfrich is a fantastic hire 👍
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Too much logic here

I thought they were known for having sideways kitty cats
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    And no doubt the loudest of the bunch. No matter the circumstances

If you know what I mean...

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There are probably dozens upon dozens of offensive coaches who could have worked with Chip Kelly and then as HC coasted to a natty blowout loss with Marcus Mariota before Paul Walkering it.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

There are probably dozens upon dozens of offensive coaches who could have worked with Chip Kelly and then as HC coasted to a natty blowout loss with Marcus Mariota before Paul Walkering it.

Too soon. T's and P's.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    dtd said:

Chris Petersen?
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

SECDAWG said:

Too much logic here

*Orientals
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

People are forgetting that Scott Frost was OC after Chip left. He also had a great offense at UCF. Now he’s trying to rebuild Nebraska, but probably will fail.

I don’t know if it was Chip, Helfrich, Frost, or who. All of them struggled at some point later. Chip deserved the most credit because it was him who started it all, but they all were a big part of trotting out productive offenses. Scheme, QB, RB, and OL were all good. They got on a roll and confidence is contagious.

I would LIPO with Helfrich because I can see how he would be good, but like anyone, it’s a roll of the dice. He sucked at Colorado and he wasn’t great in Chicago either. Not sure how much of this matters.

All the candidates can be picked apart and they all have negative things about them. At this point, Lake will hire a guy and I won’t have any opinion on them until I see our offense next year.

chicago's offense was not bad in 2018. the NFL defenses took everything decent that tribitsky could do in 2019. he is truly a horrible quarterback. Chicago GM are POS, that dont want to admit that he is a fucking bust and forcing the coach to play his ass. Can't wait till next year, when they will be calling for his head.
  • Options
    “I’m so happy”

Jeremy Pruit...

@DerekJohnson

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

NEsnake12 said:

A counterpoint to bring up for everyone saying it was all Chip at Oregon:

Why have Chip’s offenses at UCLA sucked and looked nothing schematically like the elite ones he had at Oregon?

Defenses have adjusted to the spread. However, the UCLA offense did improve as the season went on. They are going to be a threat to win the south next year. I guess that isn’t saying much.
    No they won’t. The year before they had spurts of improvement too. This year they had a stretch where they were decent before looking horrible again. Utah beat them 49-3 after their 3 game winning streak. USC and Cal beat them rather easily after that.

They aren’t bringing in good recruits. Chip has mailed it in and isn’t the coach he was at Oregon.

They were 81st in points and 116th in points allowed. They are a mess in every aspect and aren’t close to being good. 6-6 next year would be a success. It’s not happening down there.

They are behind Utah, ASU, and USC. The PAC bears up on each other and I’m sure you can use transitive property to make an argument they weren’t that bad, but they were. Again 81st and 116th on offense and defense. That’s enough to know they aren’t going to be consistent enough to contend in the South.

Oregon didn’t run the spread under Chip either. They played with TE’s. Lyerla was their back up TE. They were a run based no huddle team that played extremely fast when very few teams did. Now a lot of them do and Chip’s offense isn’t all that similar anymore.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Baseman said:

. Helfrich signed Mariotta and Herbert. They worked out ok. A Heisman for Mariotta. Herbert goes in the top-10, with a good OL he led Oregon to a top 5 finish. Cristobal signed Cale Millen

He also signed Jeff Lockie, Braxton Burmeister, Jerrard Randall, Jake Rodrigues, Damion Hobbs, Travis Jonsen, and Morgan Mahalak.

If the golden goose has diarrhea 364 days a year is it really worth it?