Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I am happy

124»

Comments

• Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    dtd said:

Baseman said:

. Helfrich signed Mariotta and Herbert. They worked out ok. A Heisman for Mariotta. Herbert goes in the top-10, with a good OL he led Oregon to a top 5 finish. Cristobal signed Cale Millen

He also signed Jeff Lockie, Braxton Burmeister, Jerrard Randall, Jake Rodrigues, Damion Hobbs, Travis Jonsen, and Morgan Mahalak.

If the golden goose has diarrhea 364 days a year is it really worth it?
    Think about the payoff during leap year though!

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

Helfrich blasted the doors off a team in the playoffs 2 years after chipper threw himself into a wood chipper

He knows offense. Id be happy with him. The guy did more for Oregon than Pete did for UW

FireCohen said:

Sling blade has rose bowl win

Lot of Larry Coker fluffers in this thread.

Fuck.
    dude i dont like the hire. just saying he got a rose bowl win (which would be nice to see in my doog life). Honestly, disappointed with both hires on defense and offense so far. Seems like jimmy going the "safe route" was hoping for some sizzle.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    @AtomicDawg

I’m only referencing you since you down voted.

You do know our pod @DerekJohnson is a Tennessee fan, ehhh???! I

They won....I was only giving props pod.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,507 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Mooser42 said:

dtd said:

Baseman said:

. Helfrich signed Mariotta and Herbert. They worked out ok. A Heisman for Mariotta. Herbert goes in the top-10, with a good OL he led Oregon to a top 5 finish. Cristobal signed Cale Millen

He also signed Jeff Lockie, Braxton Burmeister, Jerrard Randall, Jake Rodrigues, Damion Hobbs, Travis Jonsen, and Morgan Mahalak.

I mean...that's about how often he hits on a QB.
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925
    edited January 2020
    CaptainPJ said:

SECDAWG said:

Helfrich blasted the doors off a team in the playoffs 2 years after chipper threw himself into a wood chipper

He knows offense. Id be happy with him. The guy did more for Oregon than Pete did for UW

He didn’t do more. He took over a team that was already primed to be great. Then they fell off a cliff because he’s a shit head coach.

Pete took a 7-9 win program and had them winning conference titles and 10+ games. Helfrich didn’t do more. Reverse the situations and Oregon never goes in the shitter and UW doesn’t improve and we have no conference titles or playoff appearance.
    Too much logic here

Well, Asians *are* known for their sound logic.
    *Orientals
    You can use that term for objects, but not for people. Oriental carpet or vase is okay, but a person is Asian.

I know it's hard to remember if you received an inferior education... so I'm just here to help.

It it helps, you aren't even half as ignorant as the regular right wing posters over in the Tug. So don't worry too much about it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    dtd said:

Mooser42 said:

dtd said:

Baseman said:

I mean...that's about how often he hits on a QB.
    You do realize you're at the home of Cyler Miles, Swede Lindquist, Troy Williams, and on and on

Even the legendary Jake Browning had some shortcomings
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Moorhead just became available. Don’t settle for Helfrich.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

CaptainPJ said:

SECDAWG said:

He didn’t do more. He took over a team that was already primed to be great. Then they fell off a cliff because he’s a shit head coach.

Pete took a 7-9 win program and had them winning conference titles and 10+ games. Helfrich didn’t do more. Reverse the situations and Oregon never goes in the shitter and UW doesn’t improve and we have no conference titles or playoff appearance.
    Too much logic here

Well, Asians *are* known for their sound logic.
    *Orientals
    You can use that term for objects, but not for people. Oriental carpet or vase is okay, but a person is Asian.

I know it's hard to remember if you received an inferior education... so I'm just here to help.

It it helps, you aren't even half as ignorant as the regular right wing posters over in the Tug. So don't worry too much about it.
    Thank you for stating what I was thinking trollman. I personally prefer "Ornamental" for he reasons you described.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

FireCohen said:

People are forgetting that Scott Frost was OC after Chip left. He also had a great offense at UCF. Now he’s trying to rebuild Nebraska, but probably will fail.

I don’t know if it was Chip, Helfrich, Frost, or who. All of them struggled at some point later. Chip deserved the most credit because it was him who started it all, but they all were a big part of trotting out productive offenses. Scheme, QB, RB, and OL were all good. They got on a roll and confidence is contagious.

I would LIPO with Helfrich because I can see how he would be good, but like anyone, it’s a roll of the dice. He sucked at Colorado and he wasn’t great in Chicago either. Not sure how much of this matters.

All the candidates can be picked apart and they all have negative things about them. At this point, Lake will hire a guy and I won’t have any opinion on them until I see our offense next year.

chicago's offense was not bad in 2018. the NFL defenses took everything decent that tribitsky could do in 2019. he is truly a horrible quarterback. Chicago GM are POS, that dont want to admit that he is a fucking bust and forcing the coach to play his ass. Can't wait till next year, when they will be calling for his head.
    He’s not even the play caller in Chicago and was the fall guy for Nagy. Agree about Trubisky.

He’s another example of the need from GM’s to overthink everything. DeShaun Watson hasn’t been amazing, but he’s good and definitely better than Trubisky. It was mental gymnastics to convince yourself that Trubisky had a better chance at being the better NFL QB.
    This is cruel phrasing; African American participation rates in gymnastics, aquatic and winter sports are artificially suppressed by socio-economic circumstances.