Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tanoa Togiai, 3* 2020 DL, Rigby (Rigby), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bruener is going to be good. I don’t like DDY saying he’s the Sam/will version of Tuputala. Bruner is quite a bit better.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This kid's offer list is more in line with the players we were taking during the 2014-2016 stretch. At this point Princely is a longshot so I guess he's our last option. Better than getting no one I suppose.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This kid's offer list is more in line with the players we were taking during the 2014-2016 stretch. At this point Princely is a longshot so I guess he's our last option. Better than getting no one I suppose.

Dude we signed gains, vita, and Levi during those periods. Those were good years
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

Dude we signed gains, vita, and Levi during those periods. Those were good years
    True, but I don't think this board would be that excited today if we signed 3* Gaines or Vita.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

True, but I don't think this board would be that excited today if we signed 3* Gaines or Vita.
    Vita was originally a 4* but dropped in the rankings due to grades. Given his tape, everyone knew he was a steal.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Dude we either take 0 DT or a war daddy line gains or vita. I would want a vita, but would not complain that we got gains. Both were great
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Just get him signed. That we don't have any dl signings yet is still a huge pockmark on Malloe, who I love.

Agree, but the last time Malloe got shut out he went on a 2 year bender where we pulled nearly every 4 star on the west coast. I've been telling myself 2019 was just Malloe hyping himself up for another 2 year monster run that includes JTT.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This is UW brilliance. Get Tanoa on board and with Timmy Togiai leaves Ohio State UW is gonna be the destination.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Vita was originally a 4* but dropped in the rankings due to grades. Given his tape, everyone knew he was a steal.
    Yeah, his highlight video was posted here when he arrived and everyone was in agreement that he was really good. He still turned out even better than expected.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Disagree. Anyone could see how good Gaines already was as a high schooler, and Vea just looked like a huge, freaky athlete. We're all schooled enough at tbsing here to recognize the qualities they had.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I remember people excited for Vita. I also remember people thinking Gaines looked really goofy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    FireCohen said:

Two of those three wouldn’t have gotten a sniff from Pete in later years.

Vita signed because of need. Obviously he had the talent, but Pete wouldn’t have recruited him because of grades.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I remember people excited for Vita. I also remember people thinking Gaines looked really goofy.

Someone here called Gaines the best player in his recruiting class. He was pretty close to being right.

The goofy looks were part of the package.
  • Options
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Someone here called Gaines the best player in his recruiting class. He was pretty close to being right.

Gaines and BBK did things for our defense I did not truly appreciate till this year. Testament how good they were
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Gaines and BBK did things for our defense I did not truly appreciate till this year. Testament how good they were
    Or how dumb you are. Or whatever.
  • Options
    L

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Or how dumb you are. Or whatever.
    @dnc level meanness

Stand up to @1to392831weretaken
    I am going to go hurt myself now
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Two of those three wouldn’t have gotten a sniff from Pete in later years.

Vita signed because of need. Obviously he had the talent, but Pete wouldn’t have recruited him because of grades.
    If we recruited the Hail Mary that was Ali Gaye I am sure they would have recruited Vita on a year nobody wants to come here. We take years off recruiting the DLine and then have to sign everyone. We should stop that.