Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanford, what I am hearing out hear

13»

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Stanford players are smart. When you're a grad transfer, you can enter the portal and find the best program for you without needing to sit out a year. Explore all your options, and if you don't find something better elsewhere, you can always fall back to Stanford. It's not like Shaw is going to say no.

that partially answers the question I've had with all this "stanford player enters portal" in that I never thought a grad transfer needed to enter the portal at all.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Stanford players are smart. When you're a grad transfer, you can enter the portal and find the best program for you without needing to sit out a year. Explore all your options, and if you don't find something better elsewhere, you can always fall back to Stanford. It's not like Shaw is going to say no.

that partially answers the question I've had with all this "stanford player enters portal" in that I never thought a grad transfer needed to enter the portal at all.
    I don't believe they NEED to enter the portal, but if you do, it helps let other coaches know you're interested and starts a conversation. That conversation might lead to a better opportunity on another team or they can say no and return to Shaw.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You can't always fall back, entering the portal voids your guaranteed scholarship.