Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I had my first taste of fentanyl today

13»

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You must not know much about Tacoma.

I don't know that I'd raise my kids here ( they're grown ) but there are some parts mainly the north end and ruston area that are pretty solid with beautiful old mansions.

I was living in Marysville at the time. Quality medical care no doubt.

BearsWiin said:

All four wisdom teeth out? "Take some ibuprofin."

Vasectomy? Nothing. Not even ice (balls of steel). Drove myself home.

I was given vicodin when I was 16 for what was believed to be a stress fracture from football. Didn't do shit. Hurt just as bad, and didn't get me high at all. All encounters with opioid prescriptions since have been a waste. I've never really had any reaction to them, positive or negative. They go down the throat, and nothing's changed with me. Franny.

Most powerful painkiller I've ever experienced is plain ol' aspirin coupled with a little adrenaline. I had four knee surgeries before my senior year in high school, never mind all of the minor injuries from being the most comically undersized football player ever, and most school days I limped around from class to class, barely able to get up out of my chair or lift my arms above my head, but pop four aspirin and gut it out through warmups, and I'd be full sprint for practice. Every game was four aspirin before warmups and three at halftime.

I'm not sure I fit in around here: I'm the guy who had to rehab from a fucking aspirin addiction... I still sometimes dose up a bit with the ol' Vitamin A before a track day if I'm nursing one of my frequent old man injuries.

I drove myself home from my vasectomy, too, after having the marcaine not work. Felt everything, down to my toes and up to my shoulder. Took all my willpower not to throttle the doc snipping my balls

Vicodin works well with Jack Daniels, or so I recall from a root canal I had in 1992
    I felt everything when I had the V-job and they kept just giving me more shots in my nuts. 4 vials. I went home with my balls inflated with meds and felt every pothole glaring at my wife. It was fucking awful. Hurts thinking about it.
    Where did you have it done? At a cannery?
    Oohh, the 'Ville. Ouch.
    I grew up there, escaped to the UW, moved back while working in Redmond due to housing prices, now live in Tacompton.
    Nothing says Success like Marysville to Tacoma. You've made it!
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

i'm not clear on what kind of ass surgery requires fentanyl... can you elaborate?

Fentanyl is often used with Propofol as a twilight sedation for colonoscopies and endoscopies. Amazing shit. Very short half life. You don’t really go under though it may seem that way and when it wears off you feel like you’ve had the best sleep of your life. Very powerful drugs though, potentially very dangerous. Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more powerful than morphine. Pedo Michael got the permasleep.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You must not know much about Tacoma.

I don't know that I'd raise my kids here ( they're grown ) but there are some parts mainly the north end and ruston area that are pretty solid with beautiful old mansions.

I was living in Marysville at the time. Quality medical care no doubt.

BearsWiin said:

All four wisdom teeth out? "Take some ibuprofin."

Vasectomy? Nothing. Not even ice (balls of steel). Drove myself home.

I was given vicodin when I was 16 for what was believed to be a stress fracture from football. Didn't do shit. Hurt just as bad, and didn't get me high at all. All encounters with opioid prescriptions since have been a waste. I've never really had any reaction to them, positive or negative. They go down the throat, and nothing's changed with me. Franny.

Most powerful painkiller I've ever experienced is plain ol' aspirin coupled with a little adrenaline. I had four knee surgeries before my senior year in high school, never mind all of the minor injuries from being the most comically undersized football player ever, and most school days I limped around from class to class, barely able to get up out of my chair or lift my arms above my head, but pop four aspirin and gut it out through warmups, and I'd be full sprint for practice. Every game was four aspirin before warmups and three at halftime.

I'm not sure I fit in around here: I'm the guy who had to rehab from a fucking aspirin addiction... I still sometimes dose up a bit with the ol' Vitamin A before a track day if I'm nursing one of my frequent old man injuries.

I drove myself home from my vasectomy, too, after having the marcaine not work. Felt everything, down to my toes and up to my shoulder. Took all my willpower not to throttle the doc snipping my balls

Vicodin works well with Jack Daniels, or so I recall from a root canal I had in 1992
    I felt everything when I had the V-job and they kept just giving me more shots in my nuts. 4 vials. I went home with my balls inflated with meds and felt every pothole glaring at my wife. It was fucking awful. Hurts thinking about it.
    Where did you have it done? At a cannery?
    Oohh, the 'Ville. Ouch.
    I grew up there, escaped to the UW, moved back while working in Redmond due to housing prices, now live in Tacompton.
    Nothing says Success like Marysville to Tacoma. You've made it!
    True. It’s still a very boring place to live.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,965

Meek said:

i'm not clear on what kind of ass surgery requires fentanyl... can you elaborate?

Fentanyl is often used with Propofol as a twilight sedation for colonoscopies and endoscopies. Amazing shit. Very short half life. You don’t really go under though it may seem that way and when it wears off you feel like you’ve had the best sleep of your life. Very powerful drugs though, potentially very dangerous. Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more powerful than morphine. Pedo Michael got the permasleep.
    I had midazolam, not propofol
  • Options
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Meek said:

I had midazolam, not propofol
    Another commonly used sedative in conjunction with fentanyl as the analgesic for these procedures. Both combos are quite effective.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Meek said:

oh wow. I had my first colonoscopy 2 months ago and didn't pay attention to what they gave me to keep me partially sedated through it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Meek said:

oh wow. I had my first colonoscopy 2 months ago and didn't pay attention to what they gave me to keep me partially sedated through it.
    I probably should have been more careful with my choice of words so as to not to come off as alarmist. Twilight sedation is quite safe when administered by an anesthesiologist. It’s also quite pleasant, so no one should fear having a colonoscopy. Fentanyl becomes quite dangerous when some schmuck slinging heroin decides to cut his product with it. These days when you see an uptick in heroin overdoses there’s a good chance someone was selling it cut with fentanyl.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Meek said:

I had a colonoscopy a couple years ago and I thought I was asleep for the whole procedure, but I swear I remember my ass getting probed at one point. Guess this would explain why.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

I got a colon scope at age 40 and they went in dry with no drugs. At Virginia Mason on Capital Hill

I felt at the time that the tech was having too much fun

NTTIAWWT

I'm way overdue but scarred for life

40? Were you in some kind of high risk group?

I had mine at 50 and was told it's mandatory with my insurance coverage (the super amazing insurance coverage that my high powered wife at a tech company gets) so I did it. Zero polyps beaches!!

See you again at 60 doctor.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

I got a colon scope at age 40 and they went in dry with no drugs. At Virginia Mason on Capital Hill

NTTIAWWT

I had mine at 50 and was told it's mandatory with my insurance coverage (the super amazing insurance coverage that my high powered wife at a tech company gets) so I did it. Zero polyps beaches!!

Well my dad died of colon and liver cancer at the age of 64 which I turn next year. His side of the family has horrible die early genes

My mother however made it to 90, albeit the last few years with dementia and her side has the live forever gene

We'll find out this year which set I have I suppose
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Meek said:

NTTIAWWT

Well my dad died of colon and liver cancer at the age of 640 which I turn next year. His side of the family has horrible die early genes

My mother however made it to 90, albeit the last few years with dementia and her side has the live forever gene

We'll find out this year which set I have I suppose
    We'll know if you start leaving sandwiches in the sock drawer which one it's going to be.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I guess I've been lucky too. My addiction to booze and weed has always been a better high than legal opiodes

Same here minus the booze. I used to like it but have a hard time drinking enough to get hammered anymore. I just get so sleepy...

I spent a couple of years bashing the way people have changed weed since the stores all opened. I compared the search for more and more potency to chasing the dragon and resisted the super high THC (like 30%) bud. I flat refused to have anything to do with extract oils, dabs or wtf ever that shit is, etc.

Now I do it too. My tolerance is so through the roof that I have to laugh at myself for the attitude I had. I definitely can't claim any high ground on the matter of drug use with where my weed habit has gotten to.
    THC Diamonds (99%) will get you higher than a mfer. 2 hours in you realize you’ve consumed 6000 calories and you’re drooling all over yourself
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As an addict I hate this fucking thread. Feels like an AA meeting with a bunch of war stories.

Yes, I’m a quitter but I’d win every game ever of “I’ve never.”
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I haven't quit