Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I had my first taste of fentanyl today

Nothing special

Only slightly loopy while watching the monitor as they jammed the probe four feet up my ass

Felt like I could have driven home, but they wouldn't let me

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Be careful. You probably have some rural, farm boi genes that might lead to addiction.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just turn 50? I was completely under for mine.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,965
    89ute said:

Just turn 50? I was completely under for mine.

51, but I put it off

They kinda left it up to me how much happyjuice I got. They gave me a bit and I never asked for more, and before I knew it the procedure was over with. Weird seeing my innards on the screen. Very clean, I got high marks for the asslikeafirehose prep
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I used to get vicodin at the dentist. Now they say buy some Advil.
  • Options

They prescribed me 30 vicodin in 2006 when I got my vasectomy. I think I used five. Sister stole the rest the following year when she realized they were in my cabinet
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BearsWiin said:

We had to do an intervention for my sister in 2010 because of opioids. She had a shoulder problem in 2004 that she had minor surgery for, then decided she was too fucking lazy to do the PT afterwards, so they put her on long-term pain medication knowing that she was an alcoholic in recovery. Vicodin became oxy became fentanyl, and by 2010 she was a couchdrooler when she wasn't frantically convincing her pain doctor to prescribe more powerful shit for her. At one point I got on the phone with her doc's office and told them she was addicted and they were feeding her addiction and what was it going to take for them to stop giving her the shit that was going to kill her eventually, and they said as long as she didn't drop the pen when she signed for her drugs they'd keep giving them to her.

Did the intervention work?

I've seen that shit take too many lives.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2019
    LebamDawg said:

I had major orthopedic surgery about 10-12 years ago. They gave me as much oxy as I wanted. A little too much as it turned out.

i just had surgery and after 5 days of oxy, I took one hydrocodone to wean me and tylenol now. Loved the dreams. Wife was getting concerned. I was fine except for the little creatures that kept running around on the floor
    I never had any troubles with opiate painkillers other than liking them quite a bit. No nausea, itching, weird dreams, etc. I got jars of the shit back in that different time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,407
    Founders Club

I remember your toothless podcast from '11
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've had three knee surgeries and taken home several bottles of Vicodin on doctors' recommendations. Each time I found that, while the buzz was interesting for the first pill or two, the industrial strength, anti-inflammant they also prescribed worked way better on its own as far as the knee pain. The tradeoff was that it also tied my stomach in knots but I found that preferable to dreaming away my days instead of enjoying the week+ of lounging and taking in all that TV with a clear head.

I guess I'm fortunate in that I never cared for the opioid high. I've seen a lot of people abusing the shit like it's no more serious than weed. My brother and his wife were taking them recreationally for years...even finding ways to import from Mexico. It was sad and worrisome for me but luckily they seem to have moved on from that phase with no lingering effects.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I guess I've been lucky too. My addiction to booze and weed has always been a better high than legal opiodes

Same here minus the booze. I used to like it but have a hard time drinking enough to get hammered anymore. I just get so sleepy...

I spent a couple of years bashing the way people have changed weed since the stores all opened. I compared the search for more and more potency to chasing the dragon and resisted the super high THC (like 30%) bud. I flat refused to have anything to do with extract oils, dabs or wtf ever that shit is, etc.

Now I do it too. My tolerance is so through the roof that I have to laugh at myself for the attitude I had. I definitely can't claim any high ground on the matter of drug use with where my weed habit has gotten to.
  • Options

All four wisdom teeth out? "Take some ibuprofin."

Vasectomy? Nothing. Not even ice (balls of steel). Drove myself home.

I was given vicodin when I was 16 for what was believed to be a stress fracture from football. Didn't do shit. Hurt just as bad, and didn't get me high at all. All encounters with opioid prescriptions since have been a waste. I've never really had any reaction to them, positive or negative. They go down the throat, and nothing's changed with me. Franny.

Most powerful painkiller I've ever experienced is plain ol' aspirin coupled with a little adrenaline. I had four knee surgeries before my senior year in high school, never mind all of the minor injuries from being the most comically undersized football player ever, and most school days I limped around from class to class, barely able to get up out of my chair or lift my arms above my head, but pop four aspirin and gut it out through warmups, and I'd be full sprint for practice. Every game was four aspirin before warmups and three at halftime.

I'm not sure I fit in around here: I'm the guy who had to rehab from a fucking aspirin addiction... I still sometimes dose up a bit with the ol' Vitamin A before a track day if I'm nursing one of my frequent old man injuries.

I drove myself home from my vasectomy, too, after having the marcaine not work. Felt everything, down to my toes and up to my shoulder. Took all my willpower not to throttle the doc snipping my balls

Vicodin works well with Jack Daniels, or so I recall from a root canal I had in 1992