Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Will Not Be a Popular Opinion

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Cristo is only winning with Willie’s guys.

Yup.

But lets give Cristobal a participation trophy for winning the 1A state championship against Indian Reservation squads.
  • Options

Yup.

But lets give Cristobal a participation trophy for winning the 1A state championship against Indian Reservation squads.
    whoosh
    It's just funny to me.

You think Oregon fans are happy with Cristobal not getting it done when this was supposed to be THE year?

Oregon was absolutely loaded and blew it. You tell me how that makes someone a great coach.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we’re gonna bash 1A rez squwads I’m fucking OUT.

And so is @Swaye
  • Options
    Crow_T_RobotCrow_T_Robot Member Posts: 58
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Yup.

whoosh
    It's just funny to me.

You think Oregon fans are happy with Cristobal not getting it done when this was supposed to be THE year?

Oregon was absolutely loaded and blew it. You tell me how that makes someone a great coach.
    I know you want someone to have said he is a truly great coach. I know you want that.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

They won the Pac, but if you think our conference champion is on the same tier as the best teams down south you are probably a mouth breathing doog retard as well.

Well, if you're going to bash mouth breathing doog retards . . . . . . . . .

• Options
    edited December 2019

Yup.

whoosh
    It's just funny to me.

I know you want someone to have said he is a truly great coach. I know you want that.
    If he's not, then he's not the best coach in the Pac 12.

He simply is a decent coach that inherited a lot of solid, JR/SR talent and in my opinion, underachieved.

I think there are better coaches in the Pac 12 who were playing a lot of youth and the results showed.

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Beno4Life said:

He just won the conference so unpopular or not, it just is.

Meanwhilst, we* had a coach quit on us and we hired a coach with no HC experience.

Yeah but if Cristoballz can do it, so can Jimmy. As Dennis said, it’s not complicated.

I’m just impressed by Whoregon’s pre- and in-game coaching. They outschemed us (not hard) in the second half and did the same to Utah all night long. And shit, for the first time watching football, they actually make me think the Pistol is an effective strategy. RBs hit the holes with so much speed.
    All Oregon did was continue to run the ball against UW and not let Herbert fuck it up which he was well on his way to doing. Because they have RBs who can hit the hole and get yards consistently it worked out nicely. This is why I would take Verdell over Ahmed. Just get to the right place quickly and get the yards. We missed that trait in 2019.

Their only scheme was to continue to pound the rock with decent RBs against our historically bad LBs and uncompetitive team psyche.

Cristobal is a lame coach but he's interested in winning football games and works towards that end, which our staff has not done recently.
    Like the targeting rule, by your rationale, I have no idea what good coaching is if you don't play to your strengths and the opposition's weaknesses.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 4th down Pittman play at the end of the 3rd quarter that beat McDuffie was little more scheming than "pound the rock" fyi.

Whatever. As Dennis Crow said, Jimmy has some of this Cristoballz DNA in him and I'm optimistic. A long way to go, yes, but I'm optimistic.

And Dennis, fuck off for rooting for the Yucks last night.
  • Options
    Crow_T_RobotCrow_T_Robot Member Posts: 58
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Beno4Life said:

Beno4Life said:

Meanwhilst, we* had a coach quit on us and we hired a coach with no HC experience.

Yeah but if Cristoballz can do it, so can Jimmy. As Dennis said, it’s not complicated.

I’m just impressed by Whoregon’s pre- and in-game coaching. They outschemed us (not hard) in the second half and did the same to Utah all night long. And shit, for the first time watching football, they actually make me think the Pistol is an effective strategy. RBs hit the holes with so much speed.
    All Oregon did was continue to run the ball against UW and not let Herbert fuck it up which he was well on his way to doing. Because they have RBs who can hit the hole and get yards consistently it worked out nicely. This is why I would take Verdell over Ahmed. Just get to the right place quickly and get the yards. We missed that trait in 2019.

Their only scheme was to continue to pound the rock with decent RBs against our historically bad LBs and uncompetitive team psyche.

Cristobal is a lame coach but he's interested in winning football games and works towards that end, which our staff has not done recently.
    Like the targeting rule, by your rationale, I have no idea what good coaching is if you don't play to your strengths and the opposition's weaknesses.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 4th down Pittman play at the end of the 3rd quarter that beat McDuffie was little more scheming than "pound the rock" fyi.

Whatever. As Dennis Crow said, Jimmy has some of this Cristoballz DNA in him and I'm optimistic. A long way to go, yes, but I'm optimistic.

I root for the Ducks whenever they are the team that should win. Fuck Utah. You think I want Utah to win this shit conference? At least Oregon makes sense. Utah winning this conference and going to the playoff (which they might have: shudder) is like submitting the the Congolese president's fat wife to the Ms. Universe contest. Fucking embarrassing. At least Oregon is a nationally recognized team.

Half of people east of the Miss don't know Utah plays in the Pac-12.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Herm slapped him around like a little bitch.
    Cristoball is gay and ur all fags
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Beno4Life said:

Beno4Life said:

I root for the Ducks whenever they are the team that should win. Fuck Utah. You think I want Utah to win this shit conference? At least Oregon makes sense. Utah winning this conference and going to the playoff (which they might have: shudder) is like submitting the the Congolese president's fat wife to the Ms. Universe contest. Fucking embarrassing. At least Oregon is a nationally recognized team.

Half of people east of the Miss don't know Utah plays in the Pac-12.
    I think we pretty thoroughly own Utah, in recruiting and reputation right now. Until we're more established I don't want them as a peer organization. Once we are recognized as a power then I'm good with having several teams who are contenders. Maybe we have enough reputation now to handle increased competition but especially with Pete out our program's stature is more precarious than it has been in years.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll stop making fun of the Pac when someone wins a natty again. The level of play was up this year, but it’s still a joke conference until proven otherwise. Don’t be that guy roadie.

And @BroadcastingDawg trying to say Cristo didn’t recruit is an ice cold take. I don’t follow recruiting, but that Kayjon Thibododoeauxxx guy looked pretty legit last night.
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    @BroadcastingDawg

Christo wrapped the league in piss-and-mold colored plastic in Year 2. How did our genius do?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,108
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

They won the Pac, but if you think our conference champion is on the same tier as the best teams down south you are probably a mouth breathing doog retard as well.

What kind of fucking idiot would say that? Oregon is about the 4th best team in the SEC. But the SEC is so far ahead of everyone else it doesn't matter that much.

SEC: LSU, UGA, Bama and Auburn -> all better than Oregon. UF - maybe.
    B1G: Ohio State is better. Wiscy and Penn State, debatable? Iowa, probably not.
    BXII: Okie is better. No one else is.
    ACC: Climpsun is better. No one else is.
    LSU, UGA, Bama, Auburn, UF, Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn St, Oklahoma, Baylor, Clemson are all better teams than Oregon.

Tell me what has been particularly impressive about Oregon?

Oh they beat an overrated Utah squad... UW and WSU by a combined 7 pts... nice Ducks! Way to go!

Baylor's best win is losing to Oklahoma. hth

Hi ScoopDuck!
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019

Yup.

whoosh
    It's just funny to me.

You don't seem to know much about Oregon fans. Most any Oregon fan I know and opinions I have read on numerous Oregon blogs are pretty damned happy about this year and are very happy with the job Cristobal and his staff have done on the field and in recruiting. You hear rumblings of dissatisfaction with Arroyo but that's about it. Oregon will be at least as good next year as this year. We are happy campers. We won the Pac 12 championship. We will be playing in the Rose bowl in front of all those SoCal recruits......
    Life is good.😊