Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Will Not Be a Popular Opinion

But Cristoballz is the best coach in the PAC-12 right now.

He’s brought the big dick mentality to the West Coast in recruiting and coaching.

He completely outcoached a solid coach in Whittingham and his staff by attacking the strength of their D right up the middle. They attacked, and he had them ready scheme-wise and energy wise. You don’t think he used the national media looking past Whoregon and solely focusing on Utah’s CFP chances as motivation for his team?

His teams play with swag and energy that leave me envious of their brashness, cause it looks like they’re having fun. They embody their coach.

The PAC-12 is a joke of a league compared to the Big 10 and SEC as evidenced by that Martin Stadium-esque turnout last night in Levi’s Stadium. You could hear it in Herbstreit’s and Fowler’s voices, as they didn’t have to “get up” for the moment.

I don’t like Cristoballz the person, but I like the mentality he’s brought to a passive-minded gentlemen’s conference.

I think Lake has that in him, too, and I’m looking forward to the best rivalry in the conference playing out on the field and recruiting trails.

It sucks to see the Yucks go to the Grandaddy of Them All, but they deserve it.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He just won the conference so unpopular or not, it just is.

Meanwhilst, we* had a coach quit on us and we hired a coach with no HC experience.

and we never bothered to interview anybody else like Urban
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Must kill @oregonblitzkrieg to have to win the PAC this way.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

CristoballZ raped us this year. Because he's just like 'okay, while these guys are debating whether the sky is blue, i'm going to just fucking do what I should.

Thought a lot about that last night while watching Thibodeaux and Wright tear it the fuck up.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Look at what Ed O, Kirby and Dabo have done... you get these guys in a room with Mario and you think you have a fucking particle physicist convention? No.

They are just like - 'uh, we need the best players; then we need to physically dominate teams; I need to get coaches who maximize talent... not just let my friends sit around on this staff and talk about how it's not fair our players can't execute our beautiful schemes.'

Mario got rid of Leavitt and won the fucking Pac-12 because IT'S NOT FUCKING COMPLICATED.

So does Jimmy let Bob and Bush hang around because it's unfair they were saddled with Manu/Wellington and seniors who forgot how to catch?
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

Meanwhilst, we* had a coach quit on us and we hired a coach with no HC experience.

Yeah but if Cristoballz can do it, so can Jimmy. As Dennis said, it’s not complicated.

I’m just impressed by Whoregon’s pre- and in-game coaching. They outschemed us (not hard) in the second half and did the same to Utah all night long. And shit, for the first time watching football, they actually make me think the Pistol is an effective strategy. RBs hit the holes with so much speed.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Counterpoint: Whittingham is NOT a solid coach. You’re right about our conference being a joke, though.

God help us if Jimmy tanks and Jen keeps him around long enough to blow up the program again.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    I'm not convinced. We'll see how good Oregon is next year when they have to replace their supposed all-world QB, 4/5th's of their O-line, their best tight end, 3 starting linebackers, and potentially more players on their D if they decide to leave early.

Cristobal inherited a very experienced roster... he hasn't proven he can build anything yet.

The Pac-12 was fucking awful this year and Oregon could only beat UW by 4 and WSU by 3... and lost to a crappy ASU team when everything was on the line. You think Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St, Georgia, Oklahoma lose to fkn ASU? Please.

And don't get me started on Utah... their non-co sucks and their best games played were a loss to USC and scratching by UW. Overrated all year... any other year where the Pac 12 doesn't blow ass this Utah squad is a 7-8 win team.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cristobal basically has the most obvious stance possible but the brain trust around our program can't fucking agree that the color red is red.

IS IT REALLY IMPORTANT TO HAVE TALENT AND AN ALPHA MENTALITY AND HAVE SCHMES THAT MAXIMIZE PLAYER TALENT?!?!?

Hmmm... :::::::sound of a thousand Doogs trying to figure out how to say going 7-5 in year 6 is actually a triumph::::::
    We have a brain trust? On twitter, right?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They won the Pac, but if you think our conference champion is on the same tier as the best teams down south you are probably a mouth breathing doog retard as well.