Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rumor about Peterman

Stepped down because of the vitriol on HCH.

Don't twist; just what I'm hearing.

Prediction tim: Lake won't succeed. Take all the screen shots you want. This is a bad day for Husky football.

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Prediction tim: Lake won't succeed. Take all the screen shots you want. This is a bad day for Husky football.

Maybe not. God knows UW has not had success with assistants but you are talking about Lambright and Gilby. L:ake feels different but that might also be the Doog in me.

What are your reasons for why not? I'd love to hear them.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Hardcore is one word!!!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

As we always said over the long duckade, no one ever went broke betting against UW doing the right thing in football. As we learned again this season as the 5 losses piled up.

So to bet that Lake fails and this is a dark day is the proper bet. We've been through enough coaches to know there is no magic formula for assistants or head coaches to take a job and be great. They have it or they don't.

I think Lake is a great face for the program and a great recruiter and we eliminate the OKG bullshit. If he gets assistants that can coach and lets them coach we should do no worse than where Pete was leading us. Probably better.

A hungry Lake is better than a burned out Petersen riding his boat to work

SKRONG AGREE!!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

As we always said over the long duckade, no one ever went broke betting against UW doing the right thing in football. As we learned again this season as the 5 losses piled up.

So to bet that Lake fails and this is a dark day is the proper bet. We've been through enough coaches to know there is no magic formula for assistants or head coaches to take a job and be great. They have it or they don't.

I think Lake is a great face for the program and a great recruiter and we eliminate the OKG bullshit. If he gets assistants that can coach and lets them coach we should do no worse than where Pete was leading us. Probably better.

Yeah, but once he gets paid, Lake will probably buy a boat. So there's that.
  • Options

Hardcore is one word!!!

Ok!!!!
  • Options

Yeah, but once he gets paid, Lake will probably buy a boat. So there's that.
    Lake already has a boat. It's just a matter of getting a bigger one now.
    Good poont.

If he gets one with an espresso maker on board, you're? fucked.
  • Options

Hardcore is one word!!!

LIke buttcheeks?
  • Options
    CougarfsCougarfs Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The thing that concerns me about coach Jim Lake is that he will have no qualms when it comes to recruiting guys who could/should be in prison. A return to the glory days of WASHINGTON.

Then again, Chris Petersen gave us an annual shitpumping so the bar is very high.

Also, the last coach named Jim was Lambright. Another defensive assistant who took over for a quitter and oversaw the slippage of mighty WASHINGTON football.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

TommySQC said:

Maybe not. God knows UW has not had success with assistants but you are talking about Lambright and Gilby. L:ake feels different but that might also be the Doog in me.

Yes. That's it.

My reasons? Statistics. Nothing more. I've seen more beloved coordinators bash their heads into the ceiling aka the Peter Principle than I've seen anything else in any other profession.

It's a low odds bidness, and the popular coordinator rarely works out. Just numbers.

Look at how everyone shat all over Criscoballz. The only thing I can say to how that's worked out is that Oregon got lucky ... justy like they did with Chip, and just like they didn't with Helfrich, who'd been there longer than the other two put together.
    What stats are you pointing to? The top 2 current head coaches in the Pac - Shaw and Wittingham - were both coordinators before taking over at each of their respective schools. There are only and handful of "can't miss" hires. Would we be in a better place in terms of future success if we got some up and coming Group of 5 HC over lake? I'm not sure I buy that.
  • Options

That OKG bullshit was bullshit from day one. If Lake starts recruiting some people with an questionable backgrounds I'll be happy.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

That OKG bullshit was bullshit from day one. If Lake starts recruiting some people with an questionable backgrounds I'll be happy.
    LEAVE
  • Options
    edited December 2019

TommySQC said:

Yes. That's it.

My reasons? Statistics. Nothing more. I've seen more beloved coordinators bash their heads into the ceiling aka the Peter Principle than I've seen anything else in any other profession.

It's a low odds bidness, and the popular coordinator rarely works out. Just numbers.

Look at how everyone shat all over Criscoballz. The only thing I can say to how that's worked out is that Oregon got lucky ... justy like they did with Chip, and just like they didn't with Helfrich, who'd been there longer than the other two put together.
    What stats are you pointing to? The top 2 current head coaches in the Pac - Shaw and Wittingham - were both coordinators before taking over at each of their respective schools. There are only and handful of "can't miss" hires. Would we be in a better place in terms of future success if we got some up and coming Group of 5 HC over lake? I'm not sure I buy that.
    Just @UW_Doog_Bot post. I already answered this question Yella! Just the numbers.

For your Shaw and Wittingham, I can name 20 off the top of my head that turned ugly.

Hiring the right guy is hard. Hiring a shit-show, the numbers would suggest, is easy as fuck.

You? just lost a guy who made UW something out of very little and hired someone else. No insurance company would ever underwrite this thing. Add in the qualitative factor that it's some popular slick "the players choice" dude named "Jimmy" who's best known for DBU ... it has "fail" written all over it. But that's just me.