Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rumor about Peterman

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    digits said:

What I'm hearing:
    - Petersen was forced to resign by Husky fans due to their unreasonable expectations of, you know, winning football games, and we as Husky fans shouldn't expect such things
    - Petersen will be the USC coach by Friday
    - Petersen will be the FSU coach by Friday
    - Petersen will take a year off and then be the Notre Dame coach
    - Petersen resigned so that he could take the 0reg0n job when Cristoballz leaves for Miami
    - Petersen will be the coach @ 'Bama after Saban retires

Confirmed: The world is full of absolute dumbfucks.

Turns out Crisco loves Yougene and Peterman wants to get warm.

Chris Petersen to Miami.

Cook it!
  • Options
    nycgobearsnycgobears Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

Stepped down because of the vitriol on HCH.

Don't twist; just what I'm hearing.

Prediction tim: Lake won't succeed. Take all the screen shots you want. This is a bad day for Husky football.

Maybe not. God knows UW has not had success with assistants but you are talking about Lambright and Gilby. L:ake feels different but that might also be the Doog in me.

What are your reasons for why not? I'd love to hear them.
    Gilby was a fat, lazy piece of shit. I’ll forever be pissed at UW for pimping that asshat to Cal.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This thread is naive and borderline racist

Imo
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

TommySQC said:

Stepped down because of the vitriol on HCH.

Don't twist; just what I'm hearing.

Prediction tim: Lake won't succeed. Take all the screen shots you want. This is a bad day for Husky football.

Maybe not. God knows UW has not had success with assistants but you are talking about Lambright and Gilby. L:ake feels different but that might also be the Doog in me.

What are your reasons for why not? I'd love to hear them.
    Yes. That's it.

My reasons? Statistics. Nothing more. I've seen more beloved coordinators bash their heads into the ceiling aka the Peter Principle than I've seen anything else in any other profession.

It's a low odds bidness, and the popular coordinator rarely works out. Just numbers.

Look at how everyone shat all over Criscoballz. The only thing I can say to how that's worked out is that Oregon got lucky ... justy like they did with Chip, and just like they didn't with Helfrich, who'd been there longer than the other two put together.
    Cristobal was a head coach that turned around a program and won a conference championship. I am not saying Lake doesn’t work out. I am just saying Cristobal was an ex HC.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cp seemed burned out overall, but his demise and lasting memory will be his inability to take chances with younger guys. His teams were always blue collar guys, who sometimes worked out(bbk) and mostly didn’t(just about everyone). When he had the team to make a run he left an obviously deadbeat Browning in, instead of even trying to mix in another option to move the team forward.

Fortune favors the bold. A phrase cp was allergic to.

Great coaches make adjustments unless you’re just ungodly dominate. Even those coaches have made adjustments(bama and Clemson recent examples of changing qb styles year over year). Cp refused to change his game to his players and wouldn’t recruit the players needed to run his system. If they really weren’t changing for Eason, wtf even bring him in? Use one of your mobile qbs so the offense can run.