Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jordan Lolohea (2017 DE, West SLC)

1235»

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Him coming home now, and not like in August, or September, which is a bit more normal, screams Peterson has been in communication with either him or his family, and noted that it would be best to enroll in LEAP, and join the team now. After the quarter ends this week, I wouldn't be surprised if there are guys leaving. Happens every year, and that would clear up some of the numbers. I pointed out before he got screwed by Salt Lake in his departure date of October.

All that being said (JBS), I think Jordan can potentially end up someplace else, and communication from those coaches could be, enroll now, or there won't be a spot.

Also, he could have broken a stupid rule and got sent home, which is more common than people know, and should not reflect on Jordan's character, etc.

If he does end up at another school, here is my preemptive wdwha.

It depends on the rule and the local supervision. My cousin went to Norway and spent almost his whole time getting drunk beyond measure.

Then he got sent home early for killing a goose, semi accidentally in a drunk bicycle incident.
    You get 50000+18-20 year old dudes out there, quasi on their own, and stuff is gonna happen, and stuff which would seem tame for the normal public, is breaking the rules for them. It's like the BYU Honor Code on steroids. The biggest thing is who gets caught.

That being said Jordan's situation I think would be football related.
    I'd love him even more if he got booted from a mission. MKG.
    If he did get booted I hope he is taking it in stride, and realize in the grand scheme, its not a big deal at all. It's not easy for guys. I had a cousin get sent home for stuff (booze and sex) he did prior to his mission but wasn't up front about before leaving. He ended up getting severely depressed as a result, as the expectation you will be on the mission for two years is a big thing at least for the boys. His sister was told to go home early when she told her leader her boyfriend wanted to marry her.
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Him coming home now, and not like in August, or September, which is a bit more normal, screams Peterson has been in communication with either him or his family, and noted that it would be best to enroll in LEAP, and join the team now. After the quarter ends this week, I wouldn't be surprised if there are guys leaving. Happens every year, and that would clear up some of the numbers. I pointed out before he got screwed by Salt Lake in his departure date of October.

All that being said (JBS), I think Jordan can potentially end up someplace else, and communication from those coaches could be, enroll now, or there won't be a spot.

Also, he could have broken a stupid rule and got sent home, which is more common than people know, and should not reflect on Jordan's character, etc.

It depends on the rule and the local supervision. My cousin went to Norway and spent almost his whole time getting drunk beyond measure.

Then he got sent home early for killing a goose, semi accidentally in a drunk bicycle incident.
    That actually sounds really productive compared to trying to convert Norwegians to Mormonism.

I got approached by Mormons in the streets of Oslo once. They immediately had that way-too-friendly and sort of vacuous aura of cultism.

That shit is so out of the norm here that I legit thought they were aliens for a second and more or less took off running.

Hard to convert people in a country where talking to strangers is considered suspicious as fuck, and most people are irreligious anyway.
    Truer words have not be spoken ...not including Gee Scott, Sr. of course.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AEB said:

That actually sounds really productive compared to trying to convert Norwegians to Mormonism.

I got approached by Mormons in the streets of Oslo once. They immediately had that way-too-friendly and sort of vacuous aura of cultism.

That shit is so out of the norm here that I legit thought they were aliens for a second and more or less took off running.

Hard to convert people in a country where talking to strangers is considered suspicious as fuck, and most people are irreligious anyway.
    Truer words have not be spoken ...not including TrueGee Scott, Sr. of course.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The whole thing actually probably gave him the reverse perspective from what it was meant to. He decided proselytizing to heathens was a waste of tim and that good people didn't actually need Mormonism for their lives or to get into heaven. He's way more tolerant and tolerable as a person since that experience.

Also, he found out that drinking is pretty great. Thanks Norway!

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm Swedish living in America and you better not talk to me

Build that wall