Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael fucking Jordan

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Talks about the all time greats yet no one has brought up this guy?

*swoon*
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

*swoon*
    Along with Bobby Ayala and Keith Gilbertson, the sports figure I always associate with Svennyboobs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Lebron is stronger than MJ, he's also a better three point shooter than MJ, he also is asked to do more for his team than MJ.

MJ was more clutch I'll give you that. However, if I had to start a franchise with one player I'd take Lebron over MJ(ILTCHTIWID)

He's asked to do more? WTH? Michael Jordan was expected to win games singlehandedly, by himself, when the situation required it, which was often. Put him alone on the court by himself with Patrick Ewing, John Starks, Charles Oakley and the rest of the old New York thugs and he could come from 15 points behind and win the game with 2 minutes left on the clock.
    You act like he didn't play with Pippen or he never had a good big man(Horace Grant or Rodman) or the fact he never had shooters(Armstrong, Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc) or the fact he didn't have a top 5 coach of all-time.

Stop this lazy narrative that MJ(ILTCHTIWID) had to win games by himself. Lebron literally had to do that in Cleveland as he had nothing.
    Horace Grant was good but not always reliable. Pippen was bad ass but was off at times. Jordan was nearly always on. And he would leave Lebron wheezing in the dust in every facet of the game. The two simply can't be compared.
    Pippen is better than anyone Lebron has ever played with.

Wade historically may or may not be greater than Pippen but when Lebron started playing with him he wasn't better than Pippen.

Pippen always had to guard the opponents best wing player and remember in the 1991 Finals he was guarding Magic after game one since Magic had his way with Michael.

Grant/Rodman were good big men who played good defense and owned the boards. Keep painting this picture MJ had no talent around him. It's simply not true.
    Wade flopped his way to a ring without LeBron.

Pippen, not so much.
    Some of you need to learn the difference between saying the Pippen that MJ played with is better than the Wade that Lebron played with.

I don't see how anyone can debate that. Year one together Wade was great but in year two Wade started to break down. Year three they barely got by as Wade could only give them 2 solid games a series.
  • Options

Lebron is stronger than MJ, he's also a better three point shooter than MJ, he also is asked to do more for his team than MJ.

MJ was more clutch I'll give you that. However, if I had to start a franchise with one player I'd take Lebron over MJ(ILTCHTIWID)

He's asked to do more? WTH? Michael Jordan was expected to win games singlehandedly, by himself, when the situation required it, which was often. Put him alone on the court by himself with Patrick Ewing, John Starks, Charles Oakley and the rest of the old New York thugs and he could come from 15 points behind and win the game with 2 minutes left on the clock.
    You act like he didn't play with Pippen or he never had a good big man(Horace Grant or Rodman) or the fact he never had shooters(Armstrong, Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc) or the fact he didn't have a top 5 coach of all-time.

Stop this lazy narrative that MJ(ILTCHTIWID) had to win games by himself. Lebron literally had to do that in Cleveland as he had nothing.
    Horace Grant was good but not always reliable. Pippen was bad ass but was off at times. Jordan was nearly always on. And he would leave Lebron wheezing in the dust in every facet of the game. The two simply can't be compared.

Wade historically may or may not be greater than Pippen but when Lebron started playing with him he wasn't better than Pippen.

Pippen always had to guard the opponents best wing player and remember in the 1991 Finals he was guarding Magic after game one since Magic had his way with Michael.

Grant/Rodman were good big men who played good defense and owned the boards. Keep painting this picture MJ had no talent around him. It's simply not true.

Pippen, not so much.
    Some of you need to learn the difference between saying the Pippen that MJ played with is better than the Wade that Lebron played with.

I don't see how anyone can debate that. Year one together Wade was great but in year two Wade started to break down. Year three they barely got by as Wade could only give them 2 solid games a series.
    MJ's Pippen > LeBron's Wade AND MJ > LeBron

Abundance.

APAG won this whole damn thread with his poont about picking James over Jordan. Jordan would eviscerate James mentally.

Game. Blouses.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2014

Pippen, not so much.

In Wade and Lebrons first 3 seasons together Wade posted a PER higher than any season Pippen ever had. This year he's still posting a higher PER than Pippen ever did other than the seasons MJ was playing baseball. That's how you debate that.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Have to go w/ Jordan here for the reasons given. What he did to Utah while battling through legit flu and dehydration is all-time. The guy was a sociopath about losing; everybody who ever played or coached in the NBA knows that. I, too, would hate to be the GM who passed on him and had to live knowing he had my face on his calendar at home marking each time he'd get to bend me over that season.

James is a physical phenom and about as agile as I've seen a guy that size be. But I think mentally he's not where Jordan was. Jordan just did not disappear in the playoffs; Lebron has.

As to Pippin/Wade - two different players and hard to compare, but Pippin was a nobody w/o Jordan and Wade was a very big somebody before James showed up in Miami. Neither Jordan nor James won their respective titles alone, that's for sure. Nobody ever does.

These are hard things to really put to rest once and for all. Unlike the 91 Miami / Washington debate, which I am categorically right about, these things leave room for debate. But I'd put my last paycheck on Jordan 7 days a week. Not sure I'd do the same with James.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

*swoon*
    Along with Bobby Ayala, Felix Sweetman, and Keith Gilbertson, the sports figure I always associate with Svennyboobs.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Lebron is the most valuable player ever so you start a team with him. But if you need to win 1 game, MJ is the choice.

RoadDawg is correct about Pippen. The guy was almost the MVP of the league in 94. Wade in his first run with Shaq was better than Pippen, but Pippen has been far more valuable over time. It was really Pippen's emergence to a bona fide star that pushed the Bulls over the top.

LBJ is more like Pippen than Kobe or MJ. Kobe though is nowhere even close to MJ. Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team for any titles he won. Yes, Gasol was for the last two.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Lebron is the most valuable player ever so you start a team with him. But if you need to win 1 game, MJ is the choice.

RoadDawg is correct about Pippen. The guy was almost the MVP of the league in 94. Wade in his first run with Shaq was better than Pippen, but Pippen has been far more valuable over time. It was really Pippen's emergence to a bona fide star that pushed the Bulls over the top.

LBJ is more like Pippen than Kobe or MJ. Kobe though is nowhere even close to MJ. Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team for any titles he won. Yes, Gasol was for the last two.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2014

Lebron Jordan is the most valuable player ever so you start a team with him. But if you need to win 1 game But if you need to win 87 games and double three-peat, MJ is the choice.

Edited to reflect reality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

I gave Chest a thumbs up for trolling purposes. I love giving Kobe fans shit because they take trolling so seriously.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited March 2014

I found this post to be juvenile at times and monotonous to listen to.