Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bushy, Gregory, Cohen

It is crystal clear Bush & Bob cannot be retained. However, I give it an 81% chance they return.

The heat will be turned to a simmer with the upper campus libs if next year results in 7 wins. The HH crew will set the heat at a stiff broil.

The Cohen hero worship may start to be tested. Jen will have to insert herself on some of these assistants. It's her job to ensure the program is laser-focused on a natty. Cohen will have to start navigating decisions she has yet to make.

This year is abysmal. I give credit to Hugh Breedlove Millen. He has made it clear there are serious problems with the offense and is dumbfounded the younger talent isn't playing.

Come on Grumpy old Pete!!! Have some fun!!

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2019
    But what about the next Adidas shoe?

Edit: Actually I think that was Postal, not u. Sorry, sort of.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,647
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

I think Hamdan is an interesting one. It's been fairly commonly accepted on here that Jonathan Smith got a lot of blame for what is essentially a Petersen driven offense. Isn't blaming Hamdan just the same as mis-blaming Smith? If you fire him and hire another lackey under Petersen's thumb what have you gained? I imagine Bush was pretty involved with the Sam Huard commit. I'm not sure I want to mess with that dynamic. This is on Pete. Butt out and let Hamdan see what he can do for a year with some freedom. There is really no downside to keeping him a year under those conditions. If Bush thrives out from under Petersen's thumb then you've got something. If he doesn't then go the high priced OC route. Either way Pete has to back off and do what he's good at which is being the face of the program.

I'm not in favor of firing Hamdan. Hes struggling in much the same way as the previous OC, which points to it being a systemic issue. Its Pete's job to figure out how to help Hamdan succeed.

I'm all for canning position coaches who fail to live up to the standards of the other position coaches on the team though. Gregory needs to be gone yesterday. Paopao I'm not so sure about.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    fire them all and start all over
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Petersen's offense sucks, but Bush has shown time and time again an inability to call up a play that makes sense in basic situations. Huge 3rd and 1 and you run wildcat with the 4th string RB? 3rd and 3 and you run the option with Skinny against Utah's front 7? Why the fuck are we running the option??? Bush can't call a game if his life depended on it. The guy is not ready to be an OC and it is just more proof that Pete insists on having "his boys" apart of his coaching staff.

Pretty much all the same things that were said about Smith. Pete is the common denominator here. Change has to come from the general not the liutenants.
  • Options
    chuck said:

whuggy said:

I think Hamdan is an interesting one. It's been fairly commonly accepted on here that Jonathan Smith got a lot of blame for what is essentially a Petersen driven offense. Isn't blaming Hamdan just the same as mis-blaming Smith? If you fire him and hire another lackey under Petersen's thumb what have you gained? I imagine Bush was pretty involved with the Sam Huard commit. I'm not sure I want to mess with that dynamic. This is on Pete. Butt out and let Hamdan see what he can do for a year with some freedom. There is really no downside to keeping him a year under those conditions. If Bush thrives out from under Petersen's thumb then you've got something. If he doesn't then go the high priced OC route. Either way Pete has to back off and do what he's good at which is being the face of the program.

I'm not in favor of firing Hamdan. Hes struggling in much the same way as the previous OC, which points to it being a systemic issue. Its Pete's job to figure out how to help Hamdan succeed.

I'm all for canning position coaches who fail to live up to the standards of the other position coaches on the team though. Gregory needs to be gone yesterday. Paopao I'm not so sure about.
    Agreed. Bob's time is up. Pete can coach special teams to feed his teaching appetite and get his hands off the offense.
    Send Hamdan down to observe Lincoln Riley and come back with some tweaks that can be installed.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If Jimmy leaves it means kwat is back in the saddle which works fine for me. He was a better game day play caller. Blitzing Myles Bryant has rarely worked and he continues to do it. His pressure calls have not been good.

McDuffie is better than all the other corners right now which means the often fawned about other guys aren't that good. Molden's dropoff is extremely concerning.

I believe Hamden will return. Pete, get out of the way and ditch the bunch formation and shift shit.

The program needs a reset.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

But what about the next Adidas shoe?

Edit: Actually I think that was Postal, not u. Sorry, sort of.

FYFE

Forgive me for not dumping in every fuckin little exhausting detail and trying to help out some fellow poasters on something more taft like than a lighter fluid piss contest on a dumpster fire.
    Sorry for not pissing on the fact that fucking Fuller doesn't catch a ball unless it is a circus catch, because he is scared and it shows when he catches with his body.
    Or that Opera is a basket case and we continue to plunger ourselves for putting plays in place that have him as one of the first few reads.
    And that our coaching staff is a bunch of alpha neutering pros that won't allow the players to swing their shit to gain their confidence back.
    That our offense is so fucked we have hated our OC for years when we have the answer sitting at HC and there isn't shit we can do about it, thanks to Oregon State's success for showing us this.
    How we are rebranded in product but throw the same rinse repete shit out on the field.
    Or how any big game swinging plays never go our way and we as fans simply become subdued to the fact that games are won gradually and momentum is accrued over time.
    How we need to trust THE FUCKING CHART!
    How time outs are saved to the 2nd half or the following game, like some fucking targeting penalty ejection.
    When there is 1:20 left in the 1st we take it to the locker room and listen to the rumble of the crowd and their expected pleasure of a 1-2 score lead.
    Or how about everything being tough or fucking hard? Tired of hearing about it, must be hard.
    Fuck everyone that criticizes Eason. Dude is playing with a deck of pre-school mix-n-match cards at the world series of poker thanks to Pete and our insane talent dev coaches. Pac12s most dominant O-Line coming into 2019.
    Fuck the fact that when we didn't answer Utah I knew we lost and apathy started to hit... similar to Ohio State of 2007. 'This is who we are, and how we will be'

So ya, I'm fucking sorry I posted about Adidas a few times in the midst of everyone's bitching. Sorry it wasn't NSFW bullshit 'posted without comment' that can get you idiots canned in today's bullshit PC age... or that I forced you to fucking click on it when the title clearly states what it is about (durrr, this is about UW shoes, I'm going to bitch about it, durrr), unlike every 1.27 other posts.

Want to tell me to F-off, I'm the guy at every game nearly breaking his hands beating the shit out of Husky stadium and yelling for our mother fuckers... because they need it.

FYFMFE

And fuck Adidas.

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Petersen's offense seemed okay when Harsin was OC at BSU, which is why Texas lured Harsin away to be their OC -- and Petersen's offense has been mediocre ever since.

Though it was pretty good when Tedford was consulting.

I think it is more complex than just saying "Petersen's offense sucks".

I think Petersen is trying to let his assistants do their jobs, and maybe he isn't enough of a hardass with them the way Don James was.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019

alumni94 said:

jecornel said:

It is crystal clear Bush & Bob cannot be retained. However, I give it an 81% chance they return.

The heat will be turned to a simmer with the upper campus libs if next year results in 7 wins. The HH crew will set the heat at a stiff broil.

The Cohen hero worship may start to be tested. Jen will have to insert herself on some of these assistants. It's her job to ensure the program is laser-focused on a natty. Cohen will have to start navigating decisions she has yet to make.

This year is abysmal. I give credit to Hugh Breedlove Millen. He has made it clear there are serious problems with the offense and is dumbfounded the younger talent isn't playing.

Come on Grumpy old Pete!!! Have some fun!!

Although the offense's issues have been discussed in detail here. It's the defense that has lost 3 games this year.
    It all plays a part. It’s hard to say one side has blown it more than the other.

In general, I do think our offense is better than our defense.

I’m trying to be patient. I don’t think everything is as broken as some of you. The offense should change and is long overdue.

We don’t play without emotion. The players were having a lot of fun in the first half and were really fired up. The DL looked the best they had all year early on. At times, we look very good.

I don’t think Pete is suddenly a bad coach. I don’t question his effort. He is bad in close games and needs to fix it. I am very worried about QB next year without Eason. That’s all the more reason to change the offense.

You are what your record is and right now we suck. I think we have some really good young players who are steadily improving. The margins are small tho. We all know we aren’t far off from having a really good record. That’s what makes it so frustrating. This isn’t like Sark where we knew we would get plungered every road game.

I’m worried about some things and right now sucks, but I am still fairly confident we’ll have some really good teams soon.
    Doog........, I can accept a shitty offense, but I can’t stand a shitty defense that lake is running
  • Options
    Baphomet said:

Petersen's offense seemed okay when Harsin was OC at BSU, which is why Texas lured Harsin away to be their OC -- and Petersen's offense has been mediocre ever since.

I think Petersen is trying to let his assistants do their jobs, and maybe he isn't enough of a hardass with them the way Don James was.

How do you explain Smith then? He's getting WAY more out of his talent at OSU than Pete is getting out of his here.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Baphomet said:

How do you explain Smith then? He's getting WAY more out of his talent at OSU than Pete is getting out of his here.
    Maybe Smith is a better OC than Bush. Smith was good enough as a player to be the starting QB on a good team. Bush was not.