Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bushy, Gregory, Cohen

2»

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,165
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Baphomet said:

whuggy said:

Baphomet said:

Petersen's offense seemed okay when Harsin was OC at BSU, which is why Texas lured Harsin away to be their OC -- and Petersen's offense has been mediocre ever since.

Though it was pretty good when Tedford was consulting.

I think it is more complex than just saying "Petersen's offense sucks".

I think Petersen is trying to let his assistants do their jobs, and maybe he isn't enough of a hardass with them the way Don James was.

How do you explain Smith then? He's getting WAY more out of his talent at OSU than Pete is getting out of his here.
    Maybe Smith is a better OC than Bush. Smith was good enough as a player to be the starting QB on a good team. Bush was not.
    So what? I commented on the same thing in another thread, but judging coaches by their playing careers is really stupid.
    Roadie meet Baphomet.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    alumni94 said:

jecornel said:

It is crystal clear Bush & Bob cannot be retained. However, I give it an 81% chance they return.

The heat will be turned to a simmer with the upper campus libs if next year results in 7 wins. The HH crew will set the heat at a stiff broil.

The Cohen hero worship may start to be tested. Jen will have to insert herself on some of these assistants. It's her job to ensure the program is laser-focused on a natty. Cohen will have to start navigating decisions she has yet to make.

This year is abysmal. I give credit to Hugh Breedlove Millen. He has made it clear there are serious problems with the offense and is dumbfounded the younger talent isn't playing.

Come on Grumpy old Pete!!! Have some fun!!

Although the offense's issues have been discussed in detail here. It's the defense that has lost 3 games this year.
    I'm not sure about that. At worst, from the defense perspective, it's been a team (lack of) effort in losing. Situationally, I'd tip the balance of fuckups to the offense.

Not saying the defense is good, don't twist.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baphomet said:

whuggy said:

Baphomet said:

Petersen's offense seemed okay when Harsin was OC at BSU, which is why Texas lured Harsin away to be their OC -- and Petersen's offense has been mediocre ever since.

I think Petersen is trying to let his assistants do their jobs, and maybe he isn't enough of a hardass with them the way Don James was.

How do you explain Smith then? He's getting WAY more out of his talent at OSU than Pete is getting out of his here.
    Maybe Smith is a better OC than Bush. Smith was good enough as a player to be the starting QB on a good team. Bush was not.
    This is such a FS take.

Indisputably the two greatest football coaches of all time have similar football playing careers:

Belichick subsequently attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, where he played center and tight end. In addition to being a member of the football team, he played lacrosse and squash.

Saban played defensive back for Kent State under coach Don James.

That's the extent of the commentary of their playing careers. But, they do curiously have something else very much in common:

Belichick was born on April 16, 1952, in Nashville, Tennessee [and] is of Croatian ancestry.

Saban was born in Fairmont, West Virginia [and] is of Croatian ancestry.

We need to be on the lookout for a rust belt Croat! I've cracked the code!
  • Options
    WRDawgWRDawg Member Posts: 55
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Smith doesn’t call plays...Brian Lindgren is the OC. I’m sure he brings variation and wrinkles to Smith’s offense. He was pretty good calling plays at Colorado while there other than when they played UW.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

1. From everything i'm hearing, I would be surprised if Bush is back
    2. Agree that Pete needs to get rid of his system but doubt he does it
    3. Jen will not interject with firing and hiring staff members, she knows her boundaries.

How can you fire a guy in THIS METRICS!!1¡¡¡¡111111
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

Baphomet said:

whuggy said:

Baphomet said:

This is such a FS take.

Indisputably the two greatest football coaches of all time have similar football playing careers:

Belichick subsequently attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, where he played center and tight end. In addition to being a member of the football team, he played lacrosse and squash.

Saban played defensive back for Kent State under coach Don James.

That's the extent of the commentary of their playing careers. But, they do curiously have something else very much in common:

Belichick was born on April 16, 1952, in Nashville, Tennessee [and] is of Croatian ancestry.

Saban was born in Fairmont, West Virginia [and] is of Croatian ancestry.

We need to be on the lookout for a rust belt Croat! I've cracked the code!
    I'll submit my resume. I am a full blooded Croatian Sensation (shoutout @ChorakdWag) and currently live in the rust belt. I'm obviously the next Gil Dobie and Derek has a head start on his next non-technically gifted UW football masterpiece.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

3. Jen will not interject with firing and hiring staff members, she knows her boundaries.

maybe a 3rd shitty OC is the trick to get him to change
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Move Gregory to OC. A real defensive destroyer is Gregory
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,956
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    whuggy said:

I think Hamdan is an interesting one. It's been fairly commonly accepted on here that Jonathan Smith got a lot of blame for what is essentially a Petersen driven offense. Isn't blaming Hamdan just the same as mis-blaming Smith? If you fire him and hire another lackey under Petersen's thumb what have you gained? I imagine Bush was pretty involved with the Sam Huard commit. I'm not sure I want to mess with that dynamic. This is on Pete. Butt out and let Hamdan see what he can do for a year with some freedom. There is really no downside to keeping him a year under those conditions. If Bush thrives out from under Petersen's thumb then you've got something. If he doesn't then go the high priced OC route. Either way Pete has to back off and do what he's good at which is being the face of the program.

Would any top program hire Hamden as their OC? The answer is no, but we should give him another year with “less Peterman help” to see if he’s good, at a salary at the top couple of the Pac12?

Seems FS...hire an experienced guy who can stand up and tell Peterman if you are hiring me you are giving me the keys to the car.

I know...wishful thinking...
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Smith called a better game than Hamden. He needs to call a perfect game to make up for the offense. When he calls bonehead plays in critical situations, DONE