Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This year reminds me a lot of 2015

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Another thought, there are basically 5 coaches in CFB immune to down years, tops.

Saban, Dabo, Urban, Smart, and Riley. 2 of those inherited good situations recently, Smart and Riley.

If our floor is an 8-4, 7-5 season then whatever. It just cant be more than a year in the "cellar" or else all the progress we made is fucking gone.

Next year our entire starting lineup seems like it will be highly rated 4 stars. It's time to beat Michigan and go undefeated. If Eason returns that is my expectation.

At this point I see no reason or indication to think that this coaching staff has an undefeated season in them.
    That should be the standard with a veteran roster and top 10 pick at QB. Big non con home game and then Pac 12 dreck. At Oregon and at Cal will be tricky but there is no reason UW shouldn't be the favorite in every game next year with a vet defense. Yes LB is a concern. At the very least Sirmon, Tafisi, Eddy, Latu, etc. got minutes. I anticipate LB being good next year along with every other position group. If Wellington is the returning vet at LB youre going to have problems. It was literally him, Manu, and freshman.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Program is dead in the fucking water unless Pete looks at the man in the mirror and asks him to change his ways, or Jen grows a pair and fires his soft loser okg ass.

No question. I have confidence all the young players will get coached up, build on the experience, and play well.

It's the offensive playcalling and philosophy that worries me the most.

Kwat/Lake built a National Title caliber defense. It was the 2nd best in the country behind Bama in 2016.

It's the offense that is the achilles heel until it's not.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2019

The only problem with this scenario is that Oregon is now BACK and expects to be vying for conference titles every year. Stanford isn't going to stay shitty for very long either.

Stanford and UW have been winning the north and the league

Maybe finish this year then pop off

2014 was a while ago
    Oregon has dominated the conference enough this decade to pop off whenever and wherever. When these two north conference juggernauts win a playoff game, maybe they can popoff then.
    Oregon hasn't done shit in 5 years

UW 2 out of 3 defending champions

Better finish duck
    No offense, but has UW actually finished a season under Pete?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And then dumbfuck Pete fired Kwat from DC and gave Lake the job...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Point being both those guys have been coaching together for a while and have produced some great defenses. I trust them 100 times more than Pete to get the job done.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Point being both those guys have been coaching together for a while and have produced some great defenses. I trust them 100 times more than Pete to get the job done.
    I know. You repeated what I said with more words.

Point being one is a coordinator and the other is a db coach. If Jimmy can’t accept that, he can fuck off.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I know. You repeated what I said with more words.

Point being one is a coordinator and the other is a db coach. If Jimmy can’t accept that, he can fuck off.
    I think lake is mostly DC in name only
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How many more times are people going to make this post? It's the same drivel over and over at this point.
  • Options
    Founders Club

How many more times are people going to make this post? It's the same drivel over and over at this point.

We have been posting the same shit 23 times or more since way before you posted here, fren
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We have been posting the same shit 23 times or more since way before you posted here, fren
    I know. I was around for the actual Race/iDawg pods when they were new.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By any objective measure Pete is still a good (maybe not elite) coach. This year will be the first time since 2015 where Pete didn't significantly outperform our recruiting rankings. 1 lousy season doesn't get you fired.

1st in PAC; #4 Final Ranking

247 College Team Composite - #24 Nationally; #6 in PAC
    Average Rank in PAC of 2012- 16 Classes- #6

Tied for 2nd in PAC; #15 Final Ranking

247 College Team Composite - #24 Nationally; #6 in PAC
    Average Rank in PAC of 2013- 17 Classes- #6

1st in PAC; #13 Final Ranking

247 College Team Composite - #20 Nationally; #4 in PAC
    Average Rank in PAC of 2014- 18 Classes- #4

247 College Team Composite - #19 Nationally; #3 in PAC
    Average Rank in PAC of 2015- 19 Classes- #4
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

I would at least wait to see if we bounce back and win out before I make that declaration.

It’s still Pete’s faggy overcomplicated offense. Defense will improve, but I have no faith that Pete will unfuck the offense. Only time it ever looked good was when we had 4.2 speed Ross and Tedford looking over Pete’s shoulder (presumably telling Pete his play call was fucking stupid).

Program is dead in the fucking water unless Pete looks at the man in the mirror and asks him to change his ways, or Jen grows a pair and fires his soft loser okg ass.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LOL at this fan base living more in the future than fucking Isaac Asimov did. Recruiting is always "next year or the year after" and then when we get that can't miss recruit he's all of a sudden not nearly as important as someone 2-3 years out. LOL. The team never lives up to expectations so it's always "well, i'm no longer pissed because in (insert future year) we'll definitely see Petersen (or Sark's, or Ty's or whatever) for what he is.

We are a middling program that used to be elite. It is not going back to elite.

LOL.

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

LOL at this fan base living more in the future than fucking Isaac Asimov did. Recruiting is always "next year or the year after" and then when we get that can't miss recruit he's all of a sudden not nearly as important as someone 2-3 years out. LOL. The team never lives up to expectations so it's always "well, i'm no longer pissed because in (insert future year) we'll definitely see Petersen (or Sark's, or Ty's or whatever) for what he is.

LOL.

I only Chin'd from the Asimov reference

Otherwise, easy disagree, UW has the talent base, location, facilities to be a top 15 program every year.

Were not going to be an Alabama or USC but we aren't some Minnesota, Oklahoma St., or Colorado either.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

Otherwise, easy disagree, UW has the talent base, location, facilities to be a top 15 program every year.

Were not going to be an Alabama or USC but we aren't some Minnesota, Oklahoma St., or Colorado either.
    That faggot cabinboy is undefeated
  • Options
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

We would be too playing their schedule. With Cyler at QB. They suck
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

All a team can do in a given year is beat who’s in front of them. Rowboat Homo has done that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

All a team can do in a given year is beat who’s in front of them. Rowboat Homo has done that.
    Youre not wrong, and LIPO til Penn State.

I will be shocked if PSU doesnt win rather easily. Props to Row the Boat if he wins that game.