Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Football isn’t fun anymore

This year has sucked the joy out of college football for me. The way we’ve lost, up in every game at half and come out flat to lose down the stretch, it’s exhausting. Zero adjustments in the second half. Who is teaching our QBs to do the spin move?? Now it looks like our conditioning is shitty which I never though would be a problem.

This team has zero passion or fire. I don’t see any leaders. I can’t even watch other games because I see players having fun, jumping around, and it makes me depressed that our team can’t do this. If wholesale changes don’t happen this offseason then I’m afraid we’re in for another shitty 8-5 type of season next year. The worst part is I give it a 5-10% chance that Peterson makes the necessary changes. He’s too old and stubborn, been around way too long to change the way he operates. And why would he? He makes 4 million per year, is nestled away in the PNW with UW’s pussy fan base that won’t call for his head. Boating to work, delicious coffee, a nice house in Medina....I guarant-fucking-tee he doesn’t change much. He’s comfortable!

If Jimmy is the DC next year and he doesn’t hand over the offense to a high paid up and comer with proven history then expect more of the same garbage product with 1 or 2 decent teams every 6 years.

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    When was it ever fun? We aren't here for fun.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,243
    Bread said:

It was fun when we had some of Sark’s recruits. Azeem, Feeney, Kevin King, they were fun, talked shit and backed it up. Now we have zero players like that.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

It was fun when we had some of Sark’s recruits. Azeem, Feeney, Kevin King, they were fun, talked shit and backed it up. Now we have zero players like that.
    This team desperately needs Jake Browning

Your browser does not support HTML5 video!

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    I was mildly cranky for about 15 minutes after the game, then brushed my teeth & moved the fuck on with the mundanity of my miserable life. I didn’t realize I hadn’t thought at all about the game until I got a PM hours later. “Oh yeah, this shitty team played a shitty game today.”
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    No u arent fun anymore Donger. Wait, u never were newfish. Uve been here about 2 months, when u started watching husky football your freshman year.

Try tailgating, wait, youre 18 and in a dorm, no car, 1 friend (your roomie.). Try sitting through Ty years, probation years Donger. Wait, you werent born yet. Boof.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,724 Founders Club

No u arent fun anymore Donger. Wait, u never were newfish. Uve been here about 2 months, when u started watching husky football your freshman year.

Try tailgating, wait, youre 18 and in a dorm, no car, 1 friend (your roomie.). Try sitting through Ty years, probation years Donger. Wait, you werent born yet. Boof.

Same tired bullshit from the biggest doog on this board.

Go back to dawgman and gargle Kimmy's sack.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,243

I was at UW 01-05, at every game. The loss to Nevada, loss by 9 TDs to Cal, at the rotten apple cup with two winless teams. This ain’t my first rodeo, friend.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Don’t make me roll your ass out of here again pump. You’re getting close.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,724 Founders Club

I was at UW 01-05, at every game. The loss to Nevada, loss by 9 TDs to Cal, at the rotten apple cup with two winless teams. This ain’t my first rodeo, friend.
    None of that matters to PUP. He hurls the same insults at everyone. No use trying to reason with him. You'll always be a newfish who never tailgated, etc.

I'm afraid PUP is showing the signs of brain injury.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126 Swaye's Wigwam

No shame in losing to my Wolf Pack. That's a good ballteam. The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    UW has been the worst thing on tv for the past 5 years, save for 1 season with a bunch of sark recruits.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Michigan is going to fucking roll us.

2020 will not be special
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

What concerns me:

1. the tell tale mark of a Willingham team was they got overwhelmed in the 4th quarter and were dead. No fight.

2. Second half adjustments are not just reacting to the game so far. It’s reacting to the game to come. We seem stuck on a path where adjustments are made and we look good for 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter and have no further adjustment. Maddening.

3. What I liked about Pete at Boise was he payed to win. Now he plays not to lose. All this bubble screen bullshit and out routes when the heart of the game is to enter the jaws of the lion down the field up the middle.

Eisenhower won with overwhelming force and bleeding all sides. Patton won with strategy and tactics. We need Patton. No fear. Kill the Huns and fuck their women. Each game so far has been winnable.

Pete needs an OC who is young and hungry and not afraid to die.

This
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I get the frustration, but it’s really just the losing that doesn’t make it fun. When we were making good plays in the first half, it wasn’t fun to watch? The players weren’t having fun and jumping around?

I don’t buy into the no leaders thing. Nick Harris is a leader who cares. We aren’t very good and we’ve been poorly coached this year. I won’t be surprised if we turn it around and start winning 11+ games the next year or two. I also won’t be surprised if we get stuck in the 8-10 win range. Ewiwbi