Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Update on My Dawg

124»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This literally was my dog. 12 lb mini poodle that would leg hump every thing in sight.

Go Dawgs! Fuck the ducks.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Sorry for you yella. Ive only ever put down one dog due to age and I still cringe when I think about it. Taking life from a trusting pet who doesn't know it's coming and wouldn't understand if you could explain it to him or her is hard, even when it's obviously the right thing.

This is a timely post for me. Our old siberian husky Kiera is on her way out. Her vision and hearing are all but gone. Her hips and back are weak. Some days she's full of spunk and others she can hardly get up or make it into the yard to shit or piss. We can feel tumors or some sort of growths under her skin in a few places. New ones have popped up in recent weeks.

It's time. My GF goes back and forth on it and I have to wait for her to give me the nod. I dont blame her as the dog, on her good days at least, still loves life and is funny and charming as hell. We have friends and relatives who will stop by just to see and play with her as she gets excited and vocal and is an absolute riot when excited. She loves any and all people, especially kids and old people, and really puts on a show when they visit.

I feel your pain. It's coming within the next 2-3 weeks. My GF is going to be devastated and I'll have to find and sustain my elusive, strong but sensitive side to get us through it. Ughh.

It's hard, to know when the time is right. All the signs are there for us, losing bladder control, really hard time walking, big old lumps growing, can't hear, can't see well anymore. He might be able to soldier on for another month or so, but I don't see the point in dragging it out once the quality of pooch life is pretty much gone.
    It is hard to let them go but you know when it's time. And I think you know it. I've had to bury 3. Two piut down due to age and one pup that got his collar entwined with his brother and suffocated. Hate to say it but this thread made me cry a little. Putting my dogs down were very sad days. My first lab was the best dog I'll ever own. Just special and like someone else mentioned was a dog that people gravitated towards and would ask me about I'm conversation after only meeting him once. He was special. He got a cancerous tumor on his melon that pushed on the nerves in his head and gave him vertigo or something. He would walk sideways like a drunk and occasionally fall over. Vet was kind enough to come to the house and do it there while I held him. Second was his offspring and a good dog
    Close but no Oly dog. He kept getting cancerous legions on a leg thst kept coming. Back no matter how many times it was removed. At the end his leg based a bloody placenta looking thing we had to clean and dress everyday. I'd have went forever doing it but we had him x rated and it was in his lungs. Still remember when the er gave him the first shot to shut the heart down how he looked at me. Sad abd hurt like he was saying "I've got more days left how could you? Still breaks my heart to think about it. Now I've got the 3 year old brother killing lab who is 24/7 crazy and pushes me to the limit every day. But ill be sad when he goes as well. The worst part of owning dogs is outliving them. Peace be with you brother you are making the right decision.
    Like @dflea said, losing my dogs have made me cry like a baby with shitty diapers burning my ass ... more emotional than I've been with losing some family members. I think somebody put it very well: they trust us implicitly, even when they shouldn't; and just how many people in your life would really run through fire for you? The dog absolutely will w/o even thinking about it.

The one I lost 4 years ago was one of those white labradoodles. She was as sweet as the day is long, looked 95% retriever with some extra smarts from the poodle genes. Also the run of her litter. My brother-in-law is a timber cruiser and used to take her out with him because he'd been stalked by cougars a couple of times and was starting to get a little spooked about it. There were three incidents out in the woods where she showed her balls and loyalty: once, the cougar feelings turned out to be true, and she went somewhat face to face (from a distance he thinks was about 20 to 40 yards) with a big and apparently hungry cougar (I assume it was hungry because it didn't take off when confronted by the dog, which is what typically happens I'm told). They didn't come to blows thank God, because we know who wins that one, but by freezing the cat while she barked and lunged at it, she gave the brother-in-law time to get his .44 out and get a shot off at the cougar which made him finally run off.

The other two times involved big mean fucking dogs belonging to gypo fallers on the peninsula who typically have these dogs to guard their equipment while they're out cutting. Both times the girl did not back off against multiple big boys and won the barking "fuck you! No fuck you!" contest, which gave the bro in law time to get out of there.

Who else in your life will stand right the fuck in front of you and take on anything that remotely threatens you regardless of her odds of winning the fight? Mind you, this dog was as nice as they fucking come and never bit anyone or anything ever. But she knew when strangers weren't there to play and never hesitated to protect her people. Happier than anyone ever is to see you every day, and lives their entire lives trying to make you happy.

I agree - in many ways, they are better than people.
    CUOG!!
    It is ironic that they? have the TUFFER mascot isn't it?

I think a Cuogur takes any dog in the ring unless there is a wildlife biologist on the board who can tell us otherwise.
    Here is a Huge male tom. Look at the head and paws on this killing machine Fuk!

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Ah man my border collie had to be put down this year
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

Sorry for you yella. Ive only ever put down one dog due to age and I still cringe when I think about it. Taking life from a trusting pet who doesn't know it's coming and wouldn't understand if you could explain it to him or her is hard, even when it's obviously the right thing.

This is a timely post for me. Our old siberian husky Kiera is on her way out. Her vision and hearing are all but gone. Her hips and back are weak. Some days she's full of spunk and others she can hardly get up or make it into the yard to shit or piss. We can feel tumors or some sort of growths under her skin in a few places. New ones have popped up in recent weeks.

It's time. My GF goes back and forth on it and I have to wait for her to give me the nod. I dont blame her as the dog, on her good days at least, still loves life and is funny and charming as hell. We have friends and relatives who will stop by just to see and play with her as she gets excited and vocal and is an absolute riot when excited. She loves any and all people, especially kids and old people, and really puts on a show when they visit.

I feel your pain. It's coming within the next 2-3 weeks. My GF is going to be devastated and I'll have to find and sustain my elusive, strong but sensitive side to get us through it. Ughh.

It's hard, to know when the time is right. All the signs are there for us, losing bladder control, really hard time walking, big old lumps growing, can't hear, can't see well anymore. He might be able to soldier on for another month or so, but I don't see the point in dragging it out once the quality of pooch life is pretty much gone.
    It is hard to let them go but you know when it's time. And I think you know it. I've had to bury 3. Two piut down due to age and one pup that got his collar entwined with his brother and suffocated. Hate to say it but this thread made me cry a little. Putting my dogs down were very sad days. My first lab was the best dog I'll ever own. Just special and like someone else mentioned was a dog that people gravitated towards and would ask me about I'm conversation after only meeting him once. He was special. He got a cancerous tumor on his melon that pushed on the nerves in his head and gave him vertigo or something. He would walk sideways like a drunk and occasionally fall over. Vet was kind enough to come to the house and do it there while I held him. Second was his offspring and a good dog
    Close but no Oly dog. He kept getting cancerous legions on a leg thst kept coming. Back no matter how many times it was removed. At the end his leg based a bloody placenta looking thing we had to clean and dress everyday. I'd have went forever doing it but we had him x rated and it was in his lungs. Still remember when the er gave him the first shot to shut the heart down how he looked at me. Sad abd hurt like he was saying "I've got more days left how could you? Still breaks my heart to think about it. Now I've got the 3 year old brother killing lab who is 24/7 crazy and pushes me to the limit every day. But ill be sad when he goes as well. The worst part of owning dogs is outliving them. Peace be with you brother you are making the right decision.
    Like @dflea said, losing my dogs have made me cry like a baby with shitty diapers burning my ass ... more emotional than I've been with losing some family members. I think somebody put it very well: they trust us implicitly, even when they shouldn't; and just how many people in your life would really run through fire for you? The dog absolutely will w/o even thinking about it.

The one I lost 4 years ago was one of those white labradoodles. She was as sweet as the day is long, looked 95% retriever with some extra smarts from the poodle genes. Also the run of her litter. My brother-in-law is a timber cruiser and used to take her out with him because he'd been stalked by cougars a couple of times and was starting to get a little spooked about it. There were three incidents out in the woods where she showed her balls and loyalty: once, the cougar feelings turned out to be true, and she went somewhat face to face (from a distance he thinks was about 20 to 40 yards) with a big and apparently hungry cougar (I assume it was hungry because it didn't take off when confronted by the dog, which is what typically happens I'm told). They didn't come to blows thank God, because we know who wins that one, but by freezing the cat while she barked and lunged at it, she gave the brother-in-law time to get his .44 out and get a shot off at the cougar which made him finally run off.

The other two times involved big mean fucking dogs belonging to gypo fallers on the peninsula who typically have these dogs to guard their equipment while they're out cutting. Both times the girl did not back off against multiple big boys and won the barking "fuck you! No fuck you!" contest, which gave the bro in law time to get out of there.

Who else in your life will stand right the fuck in front of you and take on anything that remotely threatens you regardless of her odds of winning the fight? Mind you, this dog was as nice as they fucking come and never bit anyone or anything ever. But she knew when strangers weren't there to play and never hesitated to protect her people. Happier than anyone ever is to see you every day, and lives their entire lives trying to make you happy.

CUOG!!

I think a Cuogur takes any dog in the ring unless there is a wildlife biologist on the board who can tell us otherwise.

Looks pretty cuddly to me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Corky 2 is now 11 years old. Time flies. He came in the fall of 08 and Owen12

He's a big dog so his days are numbered and it is starting to show

Now we have to face this shit again
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    Founders Club

chuck said:

CUOG!!

Is that Babushka?