Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rick v. Petersen

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,865
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited October 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Rick:

33-16

1 Pac 10 title in four years
number three ranking
Made and won Rose Bowl (one Pac 10 title)
2-1 v. Oregon
beat THe U which had like 25 NFl players and 12 Pro Bowlers on it

Petersen:
52-24
2 Pac 12 titles, 1 playoff
1 Fiesta Bowl
no big wins...if you want to count Coug, ute, and Stanford, GTFO...
2-4 vs. whOregon

I am not seeing a huge difference right now

Comments

• Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pete does have a legit #4 finish and playoff appearance. Everything else is meh and highlighted by frustratingly close losses in big games.

I think Pete has the potential to get thinks back to 2016ish levels. The recruiting is promising. But he needs to win a big game and win it badly. He needs to win whatever trash bowl game we end up in this year to get to 2-4 in bowl games...
  • Options
    BlackDaveWymanBlackDaveWyman Member Posts: 73
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Pete does have a legit #4 finish and playoff appearance. Everything else is meh and highlighted by frustratingly close losses in big games.

I think Pete has the potential to get thinks back to 2016ish levels. The recruiting is promising. But he needs to win a big game and win it badly. He needs to win whatever trash bowl game we end up in this year to get to 2-4 in bowl games...

Close losses in big games? He had no chance against Penn State and Ohio State. Absolutely none.

• Options
    BlackDaveWymanBlackDaveWyman Member Posts: 73
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Rick is still the best HC UW has had since James.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pete 68.42%
    Rick 67.35%

but rick never played FCS teams and won an RB
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Only win % that matters is the fucking Rose Bowl.

Win one and then POP OFF.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rick is still the best HC UW has had since James.

Wouldn't mind having Petersen run the team Sunday-Friday, and Neu take over on Saturdays
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m not as concerned with the big games. We gotta get there first. The intensity has dropped with the OKG’s. I was at the Oregon game and it seemed like a really high level scrimmage when in reality, it was probably the game to win the North.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Don't compare Petersen to anyone but his true master, David Shaw.

He's just like Shaw in every way except he has no rose bowl wins.

This is the only accurate comp in this thread. A slow decline, playing not to lose, and a team without the big dick energy needed to win it all.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’m not as concerned with the big games. We gotta get there first. The intensity has dropped with the OKG’s. I was at the Oregon game and it seemed like a really high level scrimmage when in reality, it was probably the game to win the North.
    Huh?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Rick never had

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@sonics1993 great locker room with bunch a kids that are docile and don’t have an edge, but a great locker room right?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

@sonics1993 great locker room with bunch a kids that are docile and don’t have an edge, but a great locker room right?
    I disagree that they don't have a edge, Just because they aren't up in people's faces doesn't mean they don't play tough bit go ahead and make your assumptions. The truth is they just don't have veteran talent at some key positions (ILB, DL and WR). Really not that hard to comprehend.
    On player on the team that plays with an edge is Myles Bryant