Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some outside perspective...

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

I’ve watched Oregon and UW struggle on the national stage. Oregon was lucky to get Wisconsin and KSU and not Penn State or Ohio State.

The conference has to get better.
    That Wisconsin team was >>>>> than Penn State.

Kansas State wasn't even a top 25 team worthy team though. That white QB they had (Klein) has to be the worst Heisman finalist of all time
    That Penn State team with Barkley lost 2 games to top 10 teams, both away from home, by a total of 4 points.

UW under Petersen beats that Wisconsin and KSU team too.
    Because Pete has such a great track record in big games and bowl games? Because of that history he could have beat that Wisconsin team, I’m sure.
    I have no doubt the 2016 would’ve beat that Wisconsin. That defense for Wisconsin would’ve had no answer for someone like John Ross.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

How about you quooks just enjoy Meat running it down our soft asses in the 4th quarter and spare me the analysis. So happy that we can help boost your pretend Natty aspirations. So happy the conference is "more competitive" than it was the past couple of years. Fuck off.

Lol, you got it all wrong. I have no aspirations to go to the CFB playoffs to watch LSU stick a plunger in our ass. I want to see it after a couple more recruiting classes.
    You take your chance with the plunger when you get it. Whether it be this year or another, the next playoff appearance will be unexpected, like it was in 2014. Like the natty appearance was in 2010. If you want a few more years with low expectations and sub par bowl games, you can switch teams and become a husky. Unlikely Oregon makes it this year, but that should always be the goal when you are undefeated or have 1 loss more than halfway through a season.
    If Oregon ends up with one loss, I want us in the playoffs for precedence unless LSU, Oklahoma, tOSU and Clemson are undefeated. However, I have no delusions that we can win two games against elite teams.
    Screw Oklahoma. Our defense is good enough to shut down their offense, and their defense is trash. They lost the last two playoffs in the first round, and don't deserve a third chance in a row to lose again. No one wants to see Oklahoma back in the playoffs except for Oklahoma fans. Not sold on Ohio State either. Their Helfrich is leading the program now. I don't think they make it through the season undefeated.
    Their defense actually looks really improved. The athletic profile of their defense is really good. I think they would beat us.
    Texas has a garbage defense and held them to 34. Oregon could hold them under 34 points and score enough points to beat that team.
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bush Hamadan scored 31 on your “vaunted” defense...pretty sure Lincoln Riley could beast that. What a fucking stupid post.
  • Options
    spuden said:

Bush Hamadan scored 31 on your “vaunted” defense...pretty sure Lincoln Riley could beast that. What a fucking stupid post.

Still not enough points to get the win. Point stands. Oklahomo's defense is worse than Washington's. Oregon could score on it, and hold their offense in check like a crappy Texas team with no defense managed to do. Oklahomo is not a real playoff contender.
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

spuden said:

Still not enough points to get the win. Point stands. Oklahomo's defense is worse than Washington's. Oregon could score on it, and hold their offense in check like a crappy Texas team with no defense managed to do. Oklahomo is not a real playoff contender.
    Logic appears to escape you...UW scoring 31 and losing somehow is relevant, but Oklahoma scoring more than Texas is somehow proof that Oklahoma would lose? Lol to the ducks. Hopefully you perform manual labor (pump my gas duck!) for a living because your intelligence is clearly lacking.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m not sure the defense will be amazing next year. They are young and will improve. I still don’t see us having above average Pac 12 ILB’s. They will all be freshman and sophomores. I don’t see it with Tafisi or Sirmon. I’ll feel a lot better if they get beat out next year.

Pressure and finishing sacks still needs to improve. We don’t have fast twitch edge guys. I think Latu is probably a better 3-4 DE than a true Buck. Tryon is decent and can still become a very good edge guy. Smalls is the guy we needed body and skill wise, but I’m not going to count on a true freshman to be great. I don’t see it happening.

The interior DL will be good, but still probably one more year away from being great. Tuli looks fantastic tho. It will be interesting to see which of the redshirting freshmen separate themselves. Levi is very good and him returning is important.

DB’s will be good. They need to improve. The tackling has been bad and is a big reason why we give up so many chunk plays this year. Still feel pretty good about them and there will be a lot of competition.

All this means nothing is Eason doesn’t return. We’re fucked and looking at a season like this one if he doesn’t.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    lawsandl said:

This is as a CFB and not as an Oregon vs UW fan. Peterson is a great coach and this year was always going to be tough. Sure, he had recruiting misses that are on him. However, Saban has holes on his roster and he gets the pick of the litter. The prestige of UW when Peterson took over was a little above average. You are feeling those misses now but Peterson has already adjusted.

UW will have a dominant defense next year. The fact is iron sharpens iron. The PAC 12 needs to get better for the winner to compete on the national stage. There is a natural tendency to play to the level of competition. The PAC 12 champ needs to have at least three really tough matchups.

The strongest I’ve seen the PAC was 2000. We need 3 top 10ish teams. That will force the coaches to evolve. Look at LSU and Bama with their offenses now. This will help keep top shelf talent here. USC needs to be fixed as well. It’s an uphill battle out west.

Good post but I always balk at the use of the word "great". Petersen is not a "great" coach in any sense of the word. He is a very good coach but struggling to even make the top ten at the moment. Great coaches win championships. Great coaches win games they shouldn't and don't lose games they should. Great coaches are flexible and unemotional enough to make decisions that benefit the program. Petersen lacks a lot of these qualities. Having said that I don't see us getting anyone better.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    spuden said:

spuden said:

Logic appears to escape you...UW scoring 31 and losing somehow is relevant, but Oklahoma scoring more than Texas is somehow proof that Oklahoma would lose? Lol to the ducks. Hopefully you perform manual labor (pump my gas duck!) for a living because your intelligence is clearly lacking.
    The Kansas Jayhawks scored more on Texas than Oklahomo did, and Texas is known for it's bad defense. So is OU. They still play bad defense. It's better than last year, but it's still trash.

The team Oregon played yesterday was a team with nothing to lose, and everything to lose at the same time, a team at home with it's back against the wall trying to stay alive, it was a dangerous team in a tough environment. That dragon was slayed. On to the next one.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    spuden said:

spuden said:

I am not into transitive properties in football but match ups. Also, UW has a better offense than UW fans want to admit. The offense was always going to be sluggish to begin the year and it’s found another gear.

Hurts and Lamb are way more clutch than what we have.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Third post in a row, but despite the recruiting misses, with better coaching we are the shittiest undefeated team in the country.

Hopefully Pete learned his lesson and plays young guys that might frustrate him, but can produce. We do that everywhere but WR. The way the WR’s were handled has been a disaster.

We made it so easy for defenses bu trotting our Fuller and Baccallia every play. Even Fuller isn’t a star who should play every down. Playing the same guys and not guys with different skill sets has made us easy to defend.
  • Options
    Eason is a gamer. I would take him as QB on our team. UO took UW's best shot yesterday. That looked like UW's most complete performance of the season against good competition. That was UW's bowl game, and it felt like it.
  • Options

Eason is a gamer. I would take him as QB on our team. UO took UW's best shot yesterday. That looked like UW's most complete performance of the season against good competition. That was UW's bowl game, and it felt like it.

UW played well. They can complain about the wildcat play but that’s on the OL.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

I’ve watched Oregon and UW struggle on the national stage. Oregon was lucky to get Wisconsin and KSU and not Penn State or Ohio State.

Yep. Those lucky bastards only had to beat Russel Wilson to finally pop off.

It shouldn’t even count.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

Yep. Those lucky bastards only had to beat Russel Wilson to finally pop off.

It shouldn’t even count.
    Do you really think that Wisconsin team on the composite was as athletic as the Penn State or the Ohio State teams UW faced? Sure, they had Wilson. However, Oregon beat Cal with Goff and Stanford with Luck. That Wisconsin defense was big and slow.

My point is that Petersen will eventually face an opponent where they are more athletic. Oregon first lost to tOSU, Auburn and LSU.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    And Cal and Stanford has beaten UW 4 of 5 times combined. Do you think their Composites have come close to matching UW’s? You play the teams on the schedule. And you’re either a winner or a loser.

My? Cougs have beaten Oregon 4 times in a row. Pretty sure they doubled us every year in whatever those composites are.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

And Cal and Stanford has beaten UW 4 of 5 times combined. Do you think their Composites have come close to matching UW’s? You play the teams on the schedule. And you’re either a winner or a loser.

My? Cougs have beaten Oregon 4 times in a row. Pretty sure they doubled us every year in whatever those composites are.

You’re going to drop games to lesser opponents from time to time. Also, Stanford has a good overall athletic profile.

Your cougs are about to get cornholed.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

You’re going to drop games to lesser opponents from time to time. Also, Stanford has a good overall athletic profile.

Never underestimate Marcus Arroyos wanton hunger to showcase Justin sherbets downfield passing prowess. It really hasn’t happened yet, so praying dog gif, He tries to do it again, you know, to try to prove something.

The Huskies own the Cougs like the Cougs own the Ducks. So I would never count my? Cougs out in this game.

Neither should you.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

Never underestimate Marcus Arroyos wanton hunger to showcase Justin sherbets downfield passing prowess. It really hasn’t happened yet, so praying dog gif, He tries to do it again, you know, to try to prove something.

The Huskies own the Cougs like the Cougs own the Ducks. So I would never count my? Cougs out in this game.

Neither should you.
    You gonna get cornholed.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

Neither should you.
    The cougade. I think it ends this week.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

Neither should you.
    You gonna get cornholed.
    They call that recency bias. I know this because the game before 2 of the last 3 Apple Cups, the Cougs hung 69 on their opponent. And it was all Fuck yeah!!! We’re gonna get those mutts this time!!!

But it didn’t happen.

The Ducks are on a big high right now, just like last year after beating UW. All the media is gonna tell them how great they are all week and there’s no way they can lose.

But After 4 years in a row, it’s clear they have an Air Raid problem. And all the pressure is on them.