Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some outside perspective...

lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
This is as a CFB and not as an Oregon vs UW fan. Peterson is a great coach and this year was always going to be tough. Sure, he had recruiting misses that are on him. However, Saban has holes on his roster and he gets the pick of the litter. The prestige of UW when Peterson took over was a little above average. You are feeling those misses now but Peterson has already adjusted.

UW will have a dominant defense next year. The fact is iron sharpens iron. The PAC 12 needs to get better for the winner to compete on the national stage. There is a natural tendency to play to the level of competition. The PAC 12 champ needs to have at least three really tough matchups.

The strongest I’ve seen the PAC was 2000. We need 3 top 10ish teams. That will force the coaches to evolve. Look at LSU and Bama with their offenses now. This will help keep top shelf talent here. USC needs to be fixed as well. It’s an uphill battle out west.

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,612
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Shit perspective.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

I’ve watched Oregon and UW struggle on the national stage. Oregon was lucky to get Wisconsin and KSU and not Penn State or Ohio State.

The conference has to get better.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

I’ve watched Oregon and UW struggle on the national stage. Oregon was lucky to get Wisconsin and KSU and not Penn State or Ohio State.

Chincredible insight.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

That Wisconsin team was >>>>> than Penn State.

Kansas State wasn't even a top 25 team worthy team though. That white QB they had (Klein) has to be the worst Heisman finalist of all time
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

Kansas State wasn't even a top 25 team worthy team though. That white QB they had (Klein) has to be the worst Heisman finalist of all time
    They had terrible foot speed on defense. They looked like they were swimming in mud.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

This is as a CFB and not as an Oregon vs UW fan. Peterson is a great coach and this year was always going to be tough. Sure, he had recruiting misses that are on him. However, Saban has holes on his roster and he gets the pick of the litter. The prestige of UW when Peterson took over was a little above average. You are feeling those misses now but Peterson has already adjusted.

UW will have a dominant defense next year. The fact is iron sharpens iron. The PAC 12 needs to get better for the winner to compete on the national stage. There is a natural tendency to play to the level of competition. The PAC 12 champ needs to have at least three really tough matchups.

The strongest I’ve seen the PAC was 2000. We need 3 top 10ish teams. That will force the coaches to evolve. Look at LSU and Bama with their offenses now. This will help keep top shelf talent here. USC needs to be fixed as well. It’s an uphill battle out west.

Who’s Peterson?
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Who’s Peterson?
    This post was a disappointment.
  • Options
    haie said:

How about you quooks just enjoy Meat running it down our soft asses in the 4th quarter and spare me the analysis. So happy that we can help boost your pretend Natty aspirations. So happy the conference is "more competitive" than it was the past couple of years. Fuck off.

Lol, you got it all wrong. I have no aspirations to go to the CFB playoffs to watch LSU stick a plunger in our ass. I want to see it after a couple more recruiting classes.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

That Penn State team with Barkley lost 2 games to top 10 teams, both away from home, by a total of 4 points.

UW under Petersen beats that Wisconsin and KSU team too.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

How about you quooks just enjoy Meat running it down our soft asses in the 4th quarter and spare me the analysis. So happy that we can help boost your pretend Natty aspirations. So happy the conference is "more competitive" than it was the past couple of years. Fuck off.

lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

Lol, you got it all wrong. I have no aspirations to go to the CFB playoffs to watch LSU stick a plunger in our ass. I want to see it after a couple more recruiting classes.
    You take your chance with the plunger when you get it. Whether it be this year or another, the next playoff appearance will be unexpected, like it was in 2014. Like the natty appearance was in 2010. If you want a few more years with low expectations and sub par bowl games, you can switch teams and become a husky. Unlikely Oregon makes it this year, but that should always be the goal when you are undefeated or have 1 loss more than halfway through a season.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

That Penn State team with Barkley lost 2 games to top 10 teams, both away from home, by a total of 4 points.

Because Pete has such a great track record in big games and bowl games? Because of that history he could have beat that Wisconsin team, I’m sure.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

haie said:

You take your chance with the plunger when you get it. Whether it be this year or another, the next playoff appearance will be unexpected, like it was in 2014. Like the natty appearance was in 2010. If you want a few more years with low expectations and sub par bowl games, you can switch teams and become a husky. Unlikely Oregon makes it this year, but that should always be the goal when you are undefeated or have 1 loss more than halfway through a season.
    If Oregon ends up with one loss, I want us in the playoffs for precedence unless LSU, Oklahoma, tOSU and Clemson are undefeated. However, I have no delusions that we can win two games against elite teams.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

If Oregon ends up with one loss, I want us in the playoffs for precedence unless LSU, Oklahoma, tOSU and Clemson are undefeated. However, I have no delusions that we can win two games against elite teams.
    Screw Oklahoma. Our defense is good enough to shut down their offense, and their defense is trash. They lost the last two playoffs in the first round, and don't deserve a third chance in a row to lose again. No one wants to see Oklahoma back in the playoffs except for Oklahoma fans. Not sold on Ohio State either. Their Helfrich is leading the program now. I don't think they make it through the season undefeated.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
  • Options
    edited October 2019

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

Because Pete has such a great track record in big games and bowl games? Because of that history he could have beat that Wisconsin team, I’m sure.
    I have no doubt the 2016 would’ve beat that Wisconsin. That defense for Wisconsin would’ve had no answer for someone like John Ross.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

Screw Oklahoma. Our defense is good enough to shut down their offense, and their defense is trash. They lost the last two playoffs in the first round, and don't deserve a third chance in a row to lose again. No one wants to see Oklahoma back in the playoffs except for Oklahoma fans. Not sold on Ohio State either. Their Helfrich is leading the program now. I don't think they make it through the season undefeated.
    Their defense actually looks really improved. The athletic profile of their defense is really good. I think they would beat us.