Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some outside perspective...

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

And Cal and Stanford has beaten UW 4 of 5 times combined. Do you think their Composites have come close to matching UW’s? You play the teams on the schedule. And you’re either a winner or a loser.

My? Cougs have beaten Oregon 4 times in a row. Pretty sure they doubled us every year in whatever those composites are.

You’re going to drop games to lesser opponents from time to time. Also, Stanford has a good overall athletic profile.

Your cougs are about to get cornholed.
    Never underestimate Marcus Arroyos wanton hunger to showcase Justin sherbets downfield passing prowess. It really hasn’t happened yet, so praying dog gif, He tries to do it again, you know, to try to prove something.

The Huskies own the Cougs like the Cougs own the Ducks. So I would never count my? Cougs out in this game.

Neither should you.
    You gonna get cornholed.
    They call that recency bias. I know this because the game before 2 of the last 3 Apple Cups, the Cougs hung 69 on their opponent. And it was all Fuck yeah!!! We’re gonna get those mutts this time!!!

But it didn’t happen.

The Ducks are on a big high right now, just like last year after beating UW. All the media is gonna tell them how great they are all week and there’s no way they can lose.

But After 4 years in a row, it’s clear they have an Air Raid problem. And all the pressure is on them.
    Wrong. There is no big high. More like a wary calm. What happened last year hasn't been forgotten. Beating Washington is great, but none of that matters if we lose to the cuog again. You don't have Minshew this year and your team is crappier.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

spuden said:

spuden said:

Bush Hamadan scored 31 on your “vaunted” defense...pretty sure Lincoln Riley could beast that. What a fucking stupid post.

Still not enough points to get the win. Point stands. Oklahomo's defense is worse than Washington's. Oregon could score on it, and hold their offense in check like a crappy Texas team with no defense managed to do. Oklahomo is not a real playoff contender.
    Logic appears to escape you...UW scoring 31 and losing somehow is relevant, but Oklahoma scoring more than Texas is somehow proof that Oklahoma would lose? Lol to the ducks. Hopefully you perform manual labor (pump my gas duck!) for a living because your intelligence is clearly lacking.
    The Kansas Jayhawks scored more on Texas than Oklahomo did, and Texas is known for it's bad defense. So is OU. They still play bad defense. It's better than last year, but it's still trash.

The team Oregon played yesterday was a team with nothing to lose, and everything to lose at the same time, a team at home with it's back against the wall trying to stay alive, it was a dangerous team in a tough environment. That dragon was slayed. On to the next one.
    Transitive property is stupid. Kansas scored more on Texas than LSU too.

Agree it was a big win for Oregon. Don’t fool yourself though. A lot of teams could beat Oregon.
    lawsandl said:

Eason is a gamer. I would take him as QB on our team. UO took UW's best shot yesterday. That looked like UW's most complete performance of the season against good competition. That was UW's bowl game, and it felt like it.

UW played well. They can complain about the wildcat play but that’s on the OL.
    UW played well on offense. That was our worst game on defense in three years (excluding Stanford). You guys haven’t been exactly lighting it up either.
    edited October 2019
    Both offenses did what they needed to do to win the game. Both defenses did what they could to lose the game for both teams. This is the first game where the duck's offense had to bail out an underperforming defense
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

And Cal and Stanford has beaten UW 4 of 5 times combined. Do you think their Composites have come close to matching UW’s? You play the teams on the schedule. And you’re either a winner or a loser.

My? Cougs have beaten Oregon 4 times in a row. Pretty sure they doubled us every year in whatever those composites are.

You’re going to drop games to lesser opponents from time to time. Also, Stanford has a good overall athletic profile.

Never underestimate Marcus Arroyos wanton hunger to showcase Justin sherbets downfield passing prowess. It really hasn’t happened yet, so praying dog gif, He tries to do it again, you know, to try to prove something.

The Huskies own the Cougs like the Cougs own the Ducks. So I would never count my? Cougs out in this game.

Neither should you.
    You gonna get cornholed.
    They call that recency bias. I know this because the game before 2 of the last 3 Apple Cups, the Cougs hung 69 on their opponent. And it was all Fuck yeah!!! We’re gonna get those mutts this time!!!

But it didn’t happen.

The Ducks are on a big high right now, just like last year after beating UW. All the media is gonna tell them how great they are all week and there’s no way they can lose.

But After 4 years in a row, it’s clear they have an Air Raid problem. And all the pressure is on them.

This team is not overlooking the cougs. I have had this game circled for some time now. It’s the one game I am attending.

I am going to enjoy the cornholing.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,566
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

Neither should you.
    You gonna get cornholed.

But it didn’t happen.

2 wins over Helf, 1 win over Braxton Burmeister in the infamous "wait till he gets his reads down" game, and one home win with Gameday on campus for the first time in school history. Really impressive stretch there
    Yeah, Oregon finally has a secondary. That helps against the air raid.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited October 2019
    lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

I’ve watched Oregon and UW struggle on the national stage. Oregon was lucky to get Wisconsin and KSU and not Penn State or Ohio State.

The conference has to get better.
    Yep. Those lucky bastards only had to beat Russel Wilson to finally pop off.

It shouldn’t even count.
    Do you really think that Wisconsin team on the composite was as athletic as the Penn State or the Ohio State teams UW faced? Sure, they had Wilson. However, Oregon beat Cal with Goff and Stanford with Luck. That Wisconsin defense was big and slow.

My point is that Petersen will eventually face an opponent where they are more athletic. Oregon first lost to tOSU, Auburn and LSU.
    But at the most important position, Wisconsin was running laps on those teams. Russ was special then, and he’s special now. When you beat a future NFL Hall of Fame QB for a Rose Bowl, you can pop off and not answer to this bullshit.
    ntxduck said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

Neither should you.
    You gonna get cornholed.

But it didn’t happen.

2 wins over Helf, 1 win over Braxton Burmeister in the infamous "wait till he gets his reads down" game, and one home win with Gameday on campus for the first time in school history. Really impressive stretch there
    Coug POTD
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,663 Standard Supporter
    always bothers me when opponents tell us how good our coach is - just like we tell the cuogs that Leach is a good coach you better keep him.

FMFYFE and FUCK PETE
    LebamDawg said:

always bothers me when opponents tell us how good our coach is - just like we tell the cuogs that Leach is a good coach you better keep him.

FMFYFE and FUCK PETE

The cougs need to keep Leach as long as possible!
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    lawsandl said:

jecornel said:

Shit perspective.

I’ve watched Oregon and UW struggle on the national stage. Oregon was lucky to get Wisconsin and KSU and not Penn State or Ohio State.

The conference has to get better.
    You must have missed the Ohio State vs Oregon game
    lawsandl said:

I know it was a bad game for the Oregon defense, but I wasn’t very impressed. UW was gashing them on the ground until the 4th quarter. There saw Oregon frequently lose contain then get pounded up the middle.
    edited October 2019
    I was ticked off Oregon got next to zero pressure on the Eason for nearly the entire game, when film showed that he sucks and screws up like Hebert whenever he feels any pressure, and becomes one dimensional. The defense didn't bring the downhill aggression they brought the prior 5 games, which allowed him to torch us for nearly 300 passing yards. Should have been a lot more aggressive. Not an acceptable performance.
    Was just as pissed seeing Achmed not getting stopped.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

How about you quooks just enjoy Meat running it down our soft asses in the 4th quarter and spare me the analysis. So happy that we can help boost your pretend Natty aspirations. So happy the conference is "more competitive" than it was the past couple of years. Fuck off.

Lol, you got it all wrong. I have no aspirations to go to the CFB playoffs to watch LSU stick a plunger in our ass. I want to see it after a couple more recruiting classes.
    You take your chance with the plunger when you get it. Whether it be this year or another, the next playoff appearance will be unexpected, like it was in 2014. Like the natty appearance was in 2010. If you want a few more years with low expectations and sub par bowl games, you can switch teams and become a husky. Unlikely Oregon makes it this year, but that should always be the goal when you are undefeated or have 1 loss more than halfway through a season.
    If Oregon ends up with one loss, I want us in the playoffs for precedence unless LSU, Oklahoma, tOSU and Clemson are undefeated. However, I have no delusions that we can win two games against elite teams.
    Screw Oklahoma. Our defense is good enough to shut down their offense, and their defense is trash. They lost the last two playoffs in the first round, and don't deserve a third chance in a row to lose again. No one wants to see Oklahoma back in the playoffs except for Oklahoma fans. Not sold on Ohio State either. Their Helfrich is leading the program now. I don't think they make it through the season undefeated.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

How about you quooks just enjoy Meat running it down our soft asses in the 4th quarter and spare me the analysis. So happy that we can help boost your pretend Natty aspirations. So happy the conference is "more competitive" than it was the past couple of years. Fuck off.

Lol, you got it all wrong. I have no aspirations to go to the CFB playoffs to watch LSU stick a plunger in our ass. I want to see it after a couple more recruiting classes.
    You take your chance with the plunger when you get it. Whether it be this year or another, the next playoff appearance will be unexpected, like it was in 2014. Like the natty appearance was in 2010. If you want a few more years with low expectations and sub par bowl games, you can switch teams and become a husky. Unlikely Oregon makes it this year, but that should always be the goal when you are undefeated or have 1 loss more than halfway through a season.
    If Oregon ends up with one loss, I want us in the playoffs for precedence unless LSU, Oklahoma, tOSU and Clemson are undefeated. However, I have no delusions that we can win two games against elite teams.
    Screw Oklahoma. Our defense is good enough to shut down their offense, and their defense is trash. They lost the last two playoffs in the first round, and don't deserve a third chance in a row to lose again. No one wants to see Oklahoma back in the playoffs except for Oklahoma fans. Not sold on Ohio State either. Their Helfrich is leading the program now. I don't think they make it through the season undefeated.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawsandl said:

I know it was a bad game for the Oregon defense, but I wasn’t very impressed. UW was gashing them on the ground until the 4th quarter. There saw Oregon frequently lose contain then get pounded up the middle.
    Sure, but Oregon ended giving up 3.68 yards per carry and 125 yards. UW was good at capitalizing on over pursuit.

Believe it or not it was your 2nd lowest output and worst per carry output.

The defense had a bad day too but also think UW’s offense has hit another gear.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,127
    Take this shit to the Duck board.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,441 Founders Club
    The Ducks are rich cool and 6-1 waiting on a visit from the coogs. What could go wrong?

You’ve been waiting to bust that one out, I am sure.