Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why?

Why take the ball out of Eason’s hands after we got up 14? We played not to lose. Fuck your conservative beta bullshit Pete

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why take the ball out of Eason’s hands after we got up 14? We played not to lose. Fuck your conservative beta bullshit Pete

Disagree. Playing not to lose is a bullshit euphemism. We played to lose slowly, but we didn't do it slowly enough.

Playing not to lose means trying to win.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Better get on that math homework kiddo.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Another completed bomb to Chin at pretty much any point in time would have won us the game. Glad we tried it once, it only went for 50 yards and a TD.

Watching this team is a case study in unused potential

Dude why take the ball out of your best players hands? And then you run wildcat with your 4th string RB? What the fuck.
    Mad_Son said:

Disagree. Playing not to lose is a bullshit euphemism. We played to lose slowly, but we didn't do it slowly enough.

I'd love to hear your hot take here @DerekJohnson
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I thought you were nitpicking with what he was saying.

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I thought you were nitpicking with what he was saying.
    Ok. Well you were wrong. Playing not to lose needs to leave our collective lexicon for exactly the reasons I said. That was a tangent and not directed at btp

I get it though. The internet is a tough medium for the intended tone. I was afraid you were going to defend what Pete did which perplexed me given your reaction to the other posts here.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Another completed bomb to Chin at pretty much any point in time would have won us the game. Glad we tried it once, it only went for 50 yards and a TD.

I mean, you can’t just run that okay but it is strange that Chin caught the TD and I swear he didn’t okay again for another 4 drives.
    I'm pretty sure he didn't come back in until late 4th quarter. If he did it was maybe one or two plays.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I mean we were running the ball great up till we went wildcat for absolutely no reason.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

Because Petersen sucks and was out coached by a coach no one considers to be a good coach.
    @creepycoug true?!
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Better get on that math homework kiddo.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I mean we were running the ball great up till we went wildcat for absolutely no reason.

It is so dumb. With Eason doing pa you never know if it will be a run or a pass. They sell it well.

Instead they go into wildcat just to do a dive every time. Completely taking a multidensional threat and making it obviously 1 dimensional.

Great job Pete and Bush
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

Because Petersen sucks and was out coached by a coach no one considers to be a good coach.
    @creepycoug true?!
    We shall see at the end of this season shall we not?

You and Ballz screamed he was an overrated recruiter. Wrong.

You and Ballz screamed he couldn't coach. Well, even some of the committed critics here are starting to walk that back a bit.

You and Ballz screamed Pete was elite and the best coach in the conference. Ok!

You and Ballz screamed "DB U bitches." How's that working out?

You and Ballz screamed "Washington elite talent; Oregon overrated 4 stars."

You and Ballz promised it was going to be so fun when Oregon gets raped at Montlake and sent back to permanent mediocrity. Losers win the second quarter.

I could do this all day without even looking. I've been pretty restrained given how much shit you talked. But hen again I've more or less checked out of the season become of what's going on down south. This is just entertaining.

You and Ballz screamed a lot of shit and here we are with Meathead 2 - Pete and DBU 0. Year 2 after taking over a program in absolute shambles.

Smart people can see reality even when they don't want to.

@Ballz
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

They had ran that same route a few plays earlier and Chin equally as open. The first time it was thrown to Bryant for an incompletion. I don't remember it getting called at all after that.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

haie said:

@creepycoug true?!
    We shall see at the end of this season shall we not?

You and Ballz screamed he was an overrated recruiter. Wrong.

You and Ballz screamed he couldn't coach. Well, even some of the committed critics here are starting to walk that back a bit.

You and Ballz screamed Pete was elite and the best coach in the conference. Ok!

You and Ballz screamed "DB U bitches." How's that working out?

You and Ballz screamed "Washington elite talent; Oregon overrated 4 stars."

You and Ballz promised it was going to be so fun when Oregon gets raped at Montlake and sent back to permanent mediocrity. Losers win the second quarter.

I could do this all day without even looking. I've been pretty restrained given how much shit you talked. But hen again I've more or less checked out of the season become of what's going on down south. This is just entertaining.

You and Ballz screamed a lot of shit and here we are with Meathead 2 - Pete and DBU 0. Year 2 after taking over a program in absolute shambles.

Smart people can see reality even when they don't want to.

@Ballz
    Win a big game. Win against a top tier team. Don’t lose to dreck. Nothing else matters
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gotta have the stones to go for it on 4th down on your own 38 to win the big games.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979

It is so dumb. With Eason doing pa you never know if it will be a run or a pass. They sell it well.

Instead they go into wildcat just to do a dive every time. Completely taking a multidensional threat and making it obviously 1 dimensional.

Great job Pete and Bush
    They ran wildcat because it’s just set in stone that it’s what they do in short yardage situation. They ignored the personnel and any feel for how the game was going.
    Whatever @TheChart says, goes