Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason=Palmer; Pete=/=Pete

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

Eason looked a little lost out there against USC. He could benefit from another year. I think right now he is borderline round 1 and could go a lot higher next year.

Borderline round 1?

Are you & @FirePete in a competition to usurp @Ballz as dumbest poaster yet no one else knows about this competition?
    Yeah. Borderline round 1.
    Strongly disagree. The NFL is full of dumb motherfuckers. For example, look at the Bears drafting Trubisky. They traded up when they didn't need to and they passed on Watson and Mahomes.

The Bills took Josh Allen 7th overall. I can keep going.

Eason has played well enough to be a 1st rounder without NFL stupidity helping him along. NFL stupidity puts him in the top half of the 1st round.
    I think as of now he might be a round 1 but it is not a sure thing. There are QBs above him on draft boards. He could play his way into top 10 with a monster showing next year.

The talent is there but the Cal and USC games put a damper on things.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He'd have to jump at least ten spots in order to make the missed year worth it (without accounting for inflation, opportunity cost, risk of injury etc).

32nd pick got $2.525M/year for a total of $10.1M contract. If he moves up to the 20th pick, he'd make up the difference in missing that first year.

If he's already a Top-10 pick it's not remotely worth staying another year. Way too much risk for little added reward.

And this doesn't even account for getting to free agency quicker.

Also, generally speaking the lower you go in the first round the better team you are going to*, and who you play for can have as big of an impact on how you progress as how good you are.

*obviously trades can alter that, that's why I said generally
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Eason didn't play at all this season he would still shine so well at the underwear Olympics that someone would grab him by early round two.

If he goes hes top 10-15 now. He could blow up next season and vault to #1 consideration, but the odds of dropping 10 spots with mediocre to poor numbers are better than moving up 10 spots due to Heisman level numbers.

I think he goes.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

When Eason hangs 60 on Hubert and Oregon its all over

Unless he likes it here a lot.

But if he goes ahead and gets the natty this year then no tears will be shed

Or a NY6 or respectable playoff showing IMO
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FWIW, our messiah @sonics1993 still thinks Eason is coming back next year. There's no doubt that he'd get drafted in the first round if he were to leave this year. What should be more important for someone in his position is determining if an extra year of seasoning in college will set him up for better success in the pros. He's played less than 1.5 years of college football so I tend to think the answer is yes. The NFL and the money will be there, but I think staying an extra year will help his odds of getting that big second contract payday.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I heard he's gonna go pro this year and get drafted in the top half of the first round. But he might not go that high. But he might come back next year. But he might not.

It's just what I'm hearing. Don't twist
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

FWIW, our messiah @sonics1993 still thinks Eason is coming back next year. There's no doubt that he'd get drafted in the first round if he were to leave this year. What should be more important for someone in his position is determining if an extra year of seasoning in college will set him up for better success in the pros. He's played less than 1.5 years of college football so I tend to think the answer is yes. The NFL and the money will be there, but I think staying an extra year will help his odds of getting that big second contract payday.

He's basing that on what Eason's saying right now. Of course during the season Eason's telling people he thinks he's coming back, he'd have to be a major dumbfuck to say he's going to go.

After the season he'll sit down with his family, look at the numbers, and do the obvious thing.

In this case having inside sources makes you less likely to get this right.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

He's basing that on what Eason's saying right now. Of course during the season Eason's telling people he thinks he's coming back, he'd have to be a major dumbfuck to say he's going to go.

After the season he'll sit down with his family, look at the numbers, and do the obvious thing.

It's not from what Eason is telling people.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    dnc said:

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019

dnc said:

It's not from what Eason is telling people.

Okay.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Eason will destroy Oregon and Herbert, making all this a mute poont.

He will be the 2nd QB taken, no fucks given.

The end
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

He'd have to jump at least ten spots in order to make the missed year worth it (without accounting for inflation, opportunity cost, risk of injury etc).

32nd pick got $2.525M/year for a total of $10.1M contract. If he moves up to the 20th pick, he'd make up the difference in missing that first year.

If he's already a Top-10 pick it's not remotely worth staying another year. Way too much risk for little added reward.

Whats the difference between going 14-18 this year and going top 5 next year?

I dont follow NFL contracts at all.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe Eason doesn’t care about money because he BLEEDS purple. You jacka$$es ever think of that??!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Eason looked a little lost out there against USC. He could benefit from another year. I think right now he is borderline round 1 and could go a lot higher next year.

Borderline round 1?

Are you & @FirePete in a competition to usurp @Ballz as dumbest poaster yet no one else knows about this competition?
    Strongly disagree. The NFL is full of dumb motherfuckers. For example, look at the Bears drafting Trubisky. They traded up when they didn't need to and they passed on Watson and Mahomes.

Eason has played well enough to be a 1st rounder without NFL stupidity helping him along. NFL stupidity puts him in the top half of the 1st round.
    All it take one dumb fucking GM (there are 32 of them) to fall in love with the Eason and it over.
    Keep Bill Belichick’s name out of your mouth motherfucker.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

FirePete said:

Borderline round 1?

All it take one dumb fucking GM (there are 32 of them) to fall in love with the Eason and it over.
    is he the gm??
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

PurpleJ said:

FirePete said:

Borderline round 1?

is he the gm??
    What did I just tell you?