Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason=Palmer; Pete=/=Pete

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
A young AEB fresh from UW moved to LA the year before Pete Carroll was hired. SC sucked but was loaded. The Coliseum sold beer which was awesome. I loved Carroll from his time with the 9ers. Thought it was a great hire.

Anyways, Pete came in with Carson Palmer sitting there as an all world talent redshirt junior. I think SC went 6-6 that year but you could see it coming. Palmer came back for his 5th year Sr year and dominated. SC was easily the best team that year in the Orange Bowl. Norm Chow ran the O. Amazing.

Eason is a redshirt Junior, very similar to Palmer in his game. Huge NFL arms. A little wiggle but not much. Can make every throw.

Palmer believed he would benefit from a year with Carroll/Chow. He was right. Save for a Kevin Greene cheapshot to his knee and Palmer would have been Super Bowl playing QB.

Eason really hasn’t played much football. Next years team looks to be very good. I just hope Eason feels like he’d benefit from staying one more year. We don’t have Chow, and Pete ain’t re-Pete.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He is a top 15 pick now, not sure Palmer was in the same position
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Eason looked a little lost out there against USC. He could benefit from another year. I think right now he is borderline round 1 and could go a lot higher next year.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Eason looked a little lost out there against USC. He could benefit from another year. I think right now he is borderline round 1 and could go a lot higher next year.

Doog, he looked lost because other DC figured out that our WR suck, if you take hunter and fuller away we have no passing offense
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

Doog, he looked lost because other DC figured out that our WR suck, if you take hunter and fuller away we have no passing offense
    Youre right Eason is perfect.

He missed multiple wide open throws.

Doog.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

FirePete said:

Doog.
    Dude, all I am saying he not staying. He not perfect but good enough for some GM to take him. If Allen got taken in the first round so will eason
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Doog.
    Dude, all I am saying he not staying
    Id say it's 50/50 and completely depends how he finishes.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    Eason is #22 on Dane Brugler's latest draft board. In solid 1st round territory given how valuable QBs are.

Trey is #32 and Hunter is #42 on the same list.

Harner was a moron for leaving.
  • Options
    Harner = White string??
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FirePete said:

Harner = White string??

Nope, just a typo.

Do you have to try to be this bad of a poster or does it just come naturally?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

He is a top 15 pick now, not sure Palmer was in the same position

Palmer was highly regarded as a RS Jr. Very similar situation. The league was drooling over his arm. He played himself from a first round talent to 1:1. Huge $$ difference.
  • Options

FirePete said:

Harner = White string??

Nope, just a typo.

Do you have to try to be this bad of a poster or does it just come naturally?
    Alll naturale
  • Options

Borderline round 1?

Are you & @FirePete in a competition to usurp @Ballz as dumbest poaster yet no one else knows about this competition?
    Hurtful nacho, specially coming from the shittiest mod on the board
  • Options
    Founders Club

Borderline round 1?

Are you & @FirePete in a competition to usurp @Ballz as dumbest poaster yet no one else knows about this competition?
    Yeah. Borderline round 1.
  • Options

Borderline round 1?

Yeah. Borderline round 1.
    Strongly disagree. The NFL is full of dumb motherfuckers. For example, look at the Bears drafting Trubisky. They traded up when they didn't need to and they passed on Watson and Mahomes.

The Bills took Josh Allen 7th overall. I can keep going.

Eason has played well enough to be a 1st rounder without NFL stupidity helping him along. NFL stupidity puts him in the top half of the 1st round.
    All it take one dumb fucking GM (there are 32 of them) to fall in love with the Eason and it over.