Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies football schedule

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

you guys keep talking about a blowout, but you forget that if there was a blowout in the last game, it was eastern blowing out the husskies on both side of the ball. I give credit to uw for cashing in on some big fuckups, but the game really should have gone to eastern. Yeah, you can say "it was all because of bad defensive schemes." Fuck that shit. The huskyes had no offense and no defense worth a SHIT. And now, this season, all the offensive weapons are GONE. Even callier I just saw on the news has some kind of issue.

You should stick with analyzing Central or PLU. That way, nobody will notice how fucking stupid you are.

fuck you. Take a look at these stats shit-for-brains:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=312460264

I was at the game. What happened in 2011 with the worst defense in school history is completely irrelevant to the game next year.

You say we have no weapons, but Eastern would cream their pants if they had any of our starting WR's or any of our RB's. Their is a huge talent gap. Now, bend over, spread em, and let Paul Allen rawdawg your asshole.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

you guys keep talking about a blowout, but you forget that if there was a blowout in the last game, it was eastern blowing out the husskies on both side of the ball. I give credit to uw for cashing in on some big fuckups, but the game really should have gone to eastern. Yeah, you can say "it was all because of bad defensive schemes." Fuck that shit. The huskyes had no offense and no defense worth a SHIT. And now, this season, all the offensive weapons are GONE. Even callier I just saw on the news has some kind of issue.

You should stick with analyzing Central or PLU. That way, nobody will notice how fucking stupid you are.

fuck you. Take a look at these stats shit-for-brains:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=312460264

I was at the game. What happened in 2011 with the worst defense in school history is completely irrelevant to the game next year.

You say we have no weapons, but Eastern would cream their pants if they had any of our starting WR's or any of our RB's. Their is a huge talent gap. Now, bend over, spread em, and let Paul Allen rawdawg your asshole.
    well... sounds like they may be getting a wr soon, so there's that

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2014

Tailgater said:

Eastern is D I.

Eastern is 20 less scholarships and two less coaches playing FCS football in the Big Sky. Definitely a D1 cupcake with a granite frosting.
    I don't get this Eastern is a cupcake bullshit AT ALL. I was in the stands in 2011 when Eastern kicked the huskys up and down the field, dominated on both sides of the ball. Give the home team credit for cashing in on some stupid mistakes of Eastern's, like fumbling a punt return.
    If you don't get it then you don't get football which even in the collegiate game is more attitude and hard work in preparation, both physically and mentally, than it is talent or means such as number of scholarships and size of coaching staff. I was on site in husky stadium gagging at that EWU-UW game in 2011 which we won only because Trufant with his talent, experience, and football smarts saved the day. He knew where the EWU QB was going to throw the ball to the back corner of the end-zone and he run the route better than the receiver to intercept the pass.

I'm convinced that without Trufant we lose and suffer the worst, most ignoble, greatest embarrassment in the history of Husky Football. I'm also convinced that EWU's aerial circus success that day was the result of another game when a Holt managed Husky defense simply didn't show up with any kind of game plan or preparation to stop the opponent's passing offense in any way. The competitor in Trufant learned enough through 59 minutes of being schooled by a Big Sky FCS passing attack to outsmart the EWU QB and finally make one decisive defensive play.

How can any football team not be ready to play on Saturday against an inferior opponent? How can they go through a week of preparation by not working hard and/or not entering the game with a winning game plan? There's a lot of football coaches in college ball who say they don't have the answer to those questions while claiming that if their kids for any reason choose not to work hard and seriously without distraction, there's little or nothing they as coaches can do to change their attitude in time for kickoff. Many years ago, Don James had great difficulty motivating his Huskies into working hard to prepare for the AC. It was the last game of the season and it often meant little to beat the coogs while of course it was always an embarrassment to lose. The Dawgfather's solution was to spend an inordinate amount of his time publically fluffing up the cooglosers as worthy opponents during the week prior to kick-off.

Football is still just a game where BCS Pac-12 student-athletes, be they UW Huskies or OSU Beavers, for the most part don't appreciate the opportunity to beat-up on FCS Big Sky EWU. In football, lack of respect can easily equate to lax attitude and unpreparedness. The EWU Eagles, most of whom are instate kids passed over by the Pac-12, conversely have zero problem being amply motivated for a trip to Husky Stadium. It's their only shot at a bigtime bowl game.

It will be interesting to see what Petersen does to motivate his Huskies for playing a game that shouldn't even count in the win column. This will be a new situation for Coach Pete in that at Boise State, his Broncos always had to win every game with no exceptions no matter what kind of opponent was scheduled if they were to go undefeated and possibly get invited to a BCS bowl. The alternative was typically another trip to the Maaco bowl in Las Vegas which was motivation enough to not lose.

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

Eastern is D I.

Eastern is 20 less scholarships and two less coaches playing FCS football in the Big Sky. Definitely a D1 cupcake with a granite frosting.
    I don't get this Eastern is a cupcake bullshit AT ALL. I was in the stands in 2011 when Eastern kicked the huskys up and down the field, dominated on both sides of the ball. Give the home team credit for cashing in on some stupid mistakes of Eastern's, like fumbling a punt return.
    If you don't get it then you don't get football which even in the collegiate game is more attitude and hard work in preparation, both physically and mentally, than it is talent or means such as number of scholarships and size of coaching staff. I was on site in husky stadium gagging at that EWU-UW game in 2011 which we won only because Trufant with his talent, experience, and football smarts saved the day. He knew where the EWU QB was going to throw the ball to the back corner of the end-zone and he run the route better than the receiver to intercept the pass.

I'm convinced that without Trufant we lose and suffer the worst, most ignoble, greatest embarrassment in the history of Husky Football. I'm also convinced that EWU's aerial circus success that day was the result of another game when a Holt managed Husky defense simply didn't show up with any kind of game plan or preparation to stop the opponent's passing offense in any way. The competitor in Trufant learned enough through 59 minutes of being schooled by a Big Sky FCS passing attack to outsmart the EWU QB and finally make one decisive defensive play.

How can any football team not be ready to play on Saturday against an inferior opponent? How can they go through a week of preparation by not working hard and/or not entering the game with a winning game plan? There's a lot of football coaches in college ball who say they don't have the answer to those questions while claiming that if their kids for any reason choose not to work hard and seriously without distraction, there's little or nothing they as coaches can do to change their attitude in time for kickoff. Many years ago, Don James had great difficulty motivating his Huskies into working hard to prepare for the AC. It was the last game of the season and it often meant little to beat the coogs while of course it was always an embarrassment to lose. The Dawgfather's solution was to spend an inordinate amount of his time publically fluffing up the cooglosers as worthy opponents during the week prior to kick-off.

Football is still just a game where BCS Pac-12 student-athletes, be they UW Huskies or OSU Beavers, for the most part don't appreciate the opportunity to beat-up on FCS Big Sky EWU. In football, lack of respect can easily equate to lax attitude and unpreparedness. The EWU Eagles, most of whom are instate kids passed over by the Pac-12, conversely have zero problem being amply motivated for a trip to Husky Stadium. It's their only shot at a bigtime bowl game.

It will be interesting to see what Petersen does to motivate his Huskies for playing a game that shouldn't even count in the win column. This will be a new situation for Coach Pete in that at Boise State, his Broncos always had to win every game with no exceptions no matter what kind of opponent was scheduled if they were to go undefeated and possibly get invited to a BCS bowl. The alternative was typically another trip to the Maaco bowl in Las Vegas which was motivation enough to not lose.

i will give you props for putting a lot of thought into this, Tailgater. However Eastern was simply the better team with one big problem: turnovers. what you have presented are a list of plausible explanations for what caused the Huskkies to appear the lesser team. That doesn't stop the fact that the huskkies were outmatched. That stats bear this out with a clear 2 to 1 net yards gained advantage.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It isn't 2011, and we're not being coached by a bunch of fucking goats any longer.

We're going to knock the fuck out of Eastern..............just like we should.

Go polish EWU's helmet on their board and get that loserspeak shit out of here.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

Eastern is D I.

i will give you props for putting a lot of thought into this, Tailgater. However Eastern was simply the better team with one big problem: turnovers. what you have presented are a list of plausible explanations for what caused the Huskkies to appear the lesser team. That doesn't stop the fact that the huskkies were outmatched. That stats bear this out with a clear 2 to 1 net yards gained advantage.
    You even said yourself that UW will probably win by 2 TD's. UW is going to be favored by 21+. This team should be a lot better than the 2011 team. They should win this game. Of course UW "could" lose. They won't though.

Arizona blew us out in 2012, but we beat them last year. Things change from year to year. 2011 is totally fucking irrelevant. Eastern lost to Toledo last year, a team that would have gotten plungered by UW. Oregon State also got plungered by UW. Idaho State, a team that could barely complete a pass vs UW threw for 441 yards on Eastern last year. It's time to stop cherry picking and being a fucking moron and realize that barring a complete disaster, UW is winning the game rather easily and probably by a blowout. Eastern is a good FCS program. UW is a pretty good BCS program, with potential to be very good. Looks like you need to learn the difference.

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't know or care what the argument here is anymore. EWU was a better team than UW in 2011 but for a serious turnover problem. Everybody in the stands knew it. It makes sense because they just won the NC. Washington was then a mediocre team. My point is only that a true contender from a lower division in college football can readily beat a mediocre team from an upper division. Happens all the time. Last year EWU advanced to the semi-finals. They have a good team. UW is now losing a bunch of offensive weapons. There is no grounds at all for arrogant comments that this is a blowout. It's hard to have a conversation with most of you since you are both assholes and idiots at the same time. I was trying to figure out what a word to descirbe that is, but I don't know. Assholiot?
  • Options
    Would a tissue or a tampon help?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,583
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know or care what the argument here is anymore. EWU was a better team than UW in 2011 but for a serious turnover problem. Everybody in the stands knew it. It makes sense because they just won the NC. Washington was then a mediocre team. My point is only that a true contender from a lower division in college football can readily beat a mediocre team from an upper division. Happens all the time. Last year EWU advanced to the semi-finals. They have a good team. UW is now losing a bunch of offensive weapons. There is no grounds at all for arrogant comments that this is a blowout. It's hard to have a conversation with most of you since you are both assholes and idiots at the same time. I was trying to figure out what a word to descirbe that is, but I don't know. Assholiot?

I don't think anyone here is being arrogant, they're just pointing out that the 2011 game has nothing to do with this, which most of your argument hinges upon. UW's talent and non-dumpster fire defense (unlike 2011 team) will be the reason that they're a 21 point favorite. Roster turnover won't matter much in this game, and really you're just talking about the QB, because we have a healthy stable of horses at RB (I saw just about all of them in person in Corvallis this year). Receiver is no concern in a game vs. an FCS school. Secondary, okay, I'll concede that to a point, but still, our caliber db's vs. Eastern's receivers. Like I've said previously, so what if we have a raw qb? He will still be more talented than Eastern's and have proven weapons, but most importantly a run game that *should* dismantle their defense and all that taken into account, our D should be legit by *pac-12 standards*, not just big-fag standards.

Go Eagles, I get it. They're really good for their level. Proud they rep'd WA in beating OSU on the road and all, but can't see them beating us with our talent and new coaching staff.
  • Options
    haie said:

I don't think anyone here is being arrogant, they're just pointing out that the 2011 game has nothing to do with this, which most of your argument hinges upon. UW's talent and non-dumpster fire defense (unlike 2011 team) will be the reason that they're a 21 point favorite. Roster turnover won't matter much in this game, and really you're just talking about the QB, because we have a healthy stable of horses at RB (I saw just about all of them in person in Corvallis this year). Receiver is no concern in a game vs. an FCS school. Secondary, okay, I'll concede that to a point, but still, our caliber db's vs. Eastern's receivers. Like I've said previously, so what if we have a raw qb? He will still be more talented than Eastern's and have proven weapons, but most importantly a run game that *should* dismantle their defense and all that taken into account, our D should be legit by *pac-12 standards*, not just big-fag standards.

Go Eagles, I get it. They're really good for their level. Proud they rep'd WA in beating OSU on the road and all, but can't see them beating us with our talent and new coaching staff.
    Not THIS new coaching staff.

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    AOG 's argument holds weight, but he's looking backwards

I'll be rooting for the dawgs of course, but also keeping an eye out for Cooper Kupp. My drunk uncle is friends with his g'pa. $20 to anyone who knows who that is - he played guard for UW and in the NFL for 10 years

No need to talk down Eastern, we will win
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

AOG 's argument holds weight, but he's looking backwards

I'll be rooting for the dawgs of course, but also keeping an eye out for Cooper Kupp. My drunk uncle is friends with his g'pa. $20 to anyone who knows who that is - he played guard for UW and in the NFL for 10 years

No need to talk down Eastern, we will win

I remember seeing him in a FCS playoff game. He had a huge freshman season.

AOG's argument is fucking stupid and irrelevant. Other than Kasen, Timu, and Kikaha, not one guy on our team got significant playing time in the game in 2011, and I doubt many of Eastern's guys did either.