Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Took my walk for perspective

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019

One thing that has always grinded my gears aside from "could care less" (No motherfucker, you couldn't care less) is how people use learning curve incorrectly.

Everyone says "it's a steep learning curve", meaning that they believe there is a lot to learn and it will take some time.

In science (and contrary to popular usage of the term) a steep learning curve represents a quickly-learned subject. Difficult subjects will have a longer duration to complete learning and, as such, a shallower curve. The relative percentage of learning can show how some subjects can be mostly learned quickly while some difficult aspects may remain resulting in plateaus in the graph where learning stalls.

I know it's a stupid hill to die on, but it fucking drives me insane and everyone uses it all the time in sports when talking about players and teams. I want to shoot myself every time.

But back to your point, you're correct. Learning curves seem to be smooth but that is actually just the curve averaged over many trials.

Here is the HondoFS learning curve.

Typhus Boy follows the same model.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2019

Stupid fat fucking Fetters used it wrong just this week.

He said the defense is so young and has a steep learning curve, so expect it to take awhile before they figure it out.

Made me irrationally angry. But it’s the same guy who constantly uses “what have you” in a nonsensical manner. Just every fucking time he talks he throws out a random “what have you” for no fucking reason. Maybe I just really hate that dumb fuck.

Goddamnit now I’m triggered again.

Butter Fatters is an arrogant prick. We used to PM fight and he'd be so fucking dismissive and wrong and stupid at the same tim. I don't mind dumb and I don't mind arrogant, but they both absolutely can't be in the same person or we have to throw down.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Stupid fat fucking Fetters used it wrong just this week.

He said the defense is so young and has a steep learning curve, so expect it to take awhile before they figure it out.

Made me irrationally angry. But it’s the same guy who constantly uses “what have you” in a nonsensical manner. Just every fucking time he talks he throws out a random “what have you” for no fucking reason. Maybe I just really hate that dumb fuck.

Goddamnit now I’m triggered again.

Butter Fatters is an arrogant prick. We used to PM fight and he'd be so fucking dismissive and wrong and stupid at the same tim. I don't mind dumb and I don't mind arrogant, but they both absolutely can't be in the same person or we have to throw down.
    Flagged for PM fighting with Fetters, and copping to it.