Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Took my walk for perspective

Took piss snows’ advice on taking a walk for perspective. Got to say what Urban, Sagan, and Dabo do is very impressive. They find ways to keep their players engaged and ready on a consistent basis or have players on their roster that might be headaches to manage but they bring it when they are on the field.

TL? Just saying @FirePete
Tagged:

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FirePete said:

Took piss snows’ advice on taking a walk for perspective. Got to say what Urban, Sagan, and Dabo do is very impressive. They find ways to keep their players engaged and ready on a consistent basis or have players on their roster that might be headaches to manage but they bring it when they are on the field.

TL? Just saying @FirePete

Looks like you had a cosmic revelation.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Saban said he lost the team last year at the end and they got boat raced

Something else to consider, if you have a team of NFL players you really only get them two year because year three they are thinking about the future not the present

Let’s get them first then worry about the other consequences
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Saban said he lost the team last year at the end and they got boat raced

Something else to consider, if you have a team of NFL players you really only get them two year because year three they are thinking about the future not the present

It seems like most guys that have a huge freshman year go on cruise control after that because of thinking of the NFL.
    Fuck the NFL. It ruins everything.
    Would not go that far. Happy to see the kids that go through the program and go make some money
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Do you think Saban likes mobile phones and snap chat?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Do you think Saban likes mobile phones and snap chat?

I’m sure he doesn’t because he’s old and angry.

How do you think his young, fast strategy players feel about mobile phones and snap chat?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One thing that has always grinded my gears aside from "could care less" (No motherfucker, you couldn't care less) is how people use learning curve incorrectly.

Everyone says "it's a steep learning curve", meaning that they believe there is a lot to learn and it will take some time.

In science (and contrary to popular usage of the term) a steep learning curve represents a quickly-learned subject. Difficult subjects will have a longer duration to complete learning and, as such, a shallower curve. The relative percentage of learning can show how some subjects can be mostly learned quickly while some difficult aspects may remain resulting in plateaus in the graph where learning stalls.

I know it's a stupid hill to die on, but it fucking drives me insane and everyone uses it all the time in sports when talking about players and teams. I want to shoot myself every time.

But back to your point, you're correct. Learning curves seem to be smooth but that is actually just the curve averaged over many trials.

I won't believe it until @Dardanus and @TheChart confirm it