Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Jen

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Alexis said:

As one of the 17 people who was still in the stadium during the rousing rendition of our Fight Song on the Jumbotron, the fucking words aren't "Mighty are the ones who wear the purple and the gold."

When women pass the Dardanelles (Race was there) then you can include them in the fight song.

Until then, Fuck off.

I have no issue with the fight song being changed if say, we were singing it at a women’s volleyball game.

But at a football game, it’s men that wear the purple and the gold...and the black...and the white...

Damn you marketing department.
    Fuck that. When are we taking down George and having a vegan, gluten free, free range, locally sourced, GMO (supported/not supported), sit in tailgate with hand-crafted ice water in wood cups and paper straws?

That shit finna be lit!
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2019
    Alexis said:

As one of the 17 people who was still in the stadium during the rousing rendition of our Fight Song on the Jumbotron, the fucking words aren't "Mighty are the ones who wear the purple and the gold."

When women pass the Dardanelles (Race was there) then you can include them in the fight song.

Until then, Fuck off.

The song says, "Mighty are the Men who wear the Purple and the Gold." "are" is present tense. Well, women athletes also wear the purple and the gold.

If the song said "Mighty are the Men who passed the Dardanelles," and they wanted to change it to "the ones who passed the Dardanelles" then you might have a point because women did not "pass the Dardanelles."

Your argument doesn't make sense because they're only changing a part of the song that deals with "mighty" people who "currently wear" the Purple and the Gold.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This discussion has been closed

CONFIRMED
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

The song says, "Mighty are the Men who wear the Purple and the Gold." "are" is present tense. Well, women athletes also wear the purple and the gold.

If the song said "Mighty are the Men who passed the Dardanelles," and they wanted to change it to "the ones who passed the Dardanelles" then you might have a point because women did not "pass the Dardanelles."

Your argument doesn't make sense because they're only changing a part of the song that deals with "mighty" people who "currently wear" the Purple and the Gold.
    Raise your hand if you're surprised to see Passion defending this
    LOL. I bet my buddy it would take less than 5 minutes for some meat head to come back with NO factual arguments, but make this a personal thing or some BS about people being too "PC."

I WON THE BET! THANK YOU!
  • Options
    Passion said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

LOL. I bet my buddy it would take less than 5 minutes for some meat head to come back with NO factual arguments, but make this a personal thing.

Happy to help
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

LOL. I bet my buddy it would take less than 5 minutes for some meat head to come back with NO factual arguments, but make this a personal thing or some BS about people being too "PC."

2/5
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

You just couldn't resist

Cost @Passion 's buddy some cash
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck vanilla

But still better than Bowdown2shittymessageboards
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

You sound like alot of fun at parties.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

You sound like alot of fun at parties.

• Options

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

After a months long hiatus, this is the shit you return with? I hope the enlightened women's retreat you were at all this time was worth the fee.
    Actually, it was longer than a month. Despite my wife (correctly) pointing out that it's pointless to engage trump's blind loyalists who don't believe in facts, I let myself get sucked into debates with people whose positions have no foundation in reality.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax, alabama is in the storm's path, women athletes at UW don't exist.

I should just walk away. But I don't. Call it a weakness.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

After a months long hiatus, this is the shit you return with? I hope the enlightened women's retreat you were at all this time was worth the fee.
    Actually, it was longer than a month. Despite my wife (correctly) pointing out that it's pointless to engage trump's blind loyalists who don't believe in facts, I let myself get sucked into debates with people whose positions have no foundation in reality.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax, alabama is in the storm's path, women athletes at UW don't exist.

Why go in the Tug then? Enjoy Suffer the football and forget the rest.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

Queery. How many of them have suited up in a football game.