Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Jen

124»

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Alexis said:

As one of the 17 people who was still in the stadium during the rousing rendition of our Fight Song on the Jumbotron, the fucking words aren't "Mighty are the ones who wear the purple and the gold."

When women pass the Dardanelles (Race was there) then you can include them in the fight song.

Until then, Fuck off.

#Equality
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doing the job that the Throbber hasn't done yet

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

As one of the 17 people who was still in the stadium during the rousing rendition of our Fight Song on the Jumbotron, the fucking words aren't "Mighty are the ones who wear the purple and the gold."

When women pass the Dardanelles (Race was there) then you can include them in the fight song.

Until then, Fuck off.

The song says, "Mighty are the Men who wear the Purple and the Gold." "are" is present tense. Well, women athletes also wear the purple and the gold.

If the song said "Mighty are the Men who passed the Dardanelles," and they wanted to change it to "the ones who passed the Dardanelles" then you might have a point because women did not "pass the Dardanelles."

Your argument doesn't make sense because they're only changing a part of the song that deals with "mighty" people who "currently wear" the Purple and the Gold.
    After a months long hiatus, this is the shit you return with? I hope the enlightened women's retreat you were at all this time was worth the fee.
    Actually, it was longer than a month. Despite my wife (correctly) pointing out that it's pointless to engage trump's blind loyalists who don't believe in facts, I let myself get sucked into debates with people whose positions have no foundation in reality.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax, alabama is in the storm's path, women athletes at UW don't exist.

I should just walk away. But I don't. Call it a weakness.
    You have NEVER based your positions in reality. You're a fucking arrogant dipshit moron...HTH fuctard
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I find your lack of Joobs disturbing
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

The song says, "Mighty are the Men who wear the Purple and the Gold." "are" is present tense. Well, women athletes also wear the purple and the gold.

If the song said "Mighty are the Men who passed the Dardanelles," and they wanted to change it to "the ones who passed the Dardanelles" then you might have a point because women did not "pass the Dardanelles."

Your argument doesn't make sense because they're only changing a part of the song that deals with "mighty" people who "currently wear" the Purple and the Gold.
    After a months long hiatus, this is the shit you return with? I hope the enlightened women's retreat you were at all this time was worth the fee.
    Actually, it was longer than a month. Despite my wife (correctly) pointing out that it's pointless to engage trump's blind loyalists who don't believe in facts, I let myself get sucked into debates with people whose positions have no foundation in reality.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax, alabama is in the storm's path, women athletes at UW don't exist.

I should just walk away. But I don't. Call it a weakness.
    Why go in the Tug then? Enjoy Suffer the football and forget the rest.
    This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board.
    To some, changing the words to a 100+ year old fight song stands alone and apart from national politics.
    Uhhh...language on the tug board goes well beyond "national politics" as that term has been traditionally defined (i.e., tax policy, insurance reform, environmental regulations, foreign policy), and goes well into what "national politics" has sadly become.

Terms used on this thread include: "whiny cunts," "shemen," and this gem: "The word Song is offensive to our massive chink gook slant fan base. How dare we mock their culture? Also pretty sure it’s a place somewhere in Africa. So you can add the browns to the mix. I won’t say that racist term because I have black frens."

This type of thing has - sadly - seeped into our national politics.
    You'll have a better time convincing me to quit using the word 'human' than getting me to change how the song is supposed to be sung.

Sang? Singed... Whatever.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Swaye said:

What's so funny about peace, joobs and understanding?

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

YBFE
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

that watch is a cataclysmic disaster.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

BearsWiin said:

HuskyJW said:
    I’d lose my damn.mind if Jen left us for USC.
    and took Pete with her
    LOL, would give me a big belly laugh.

If UW had its shit together (it never would) they would immediately give Lake the HC job and Kwat the DC and pay big time money to get a real OC.
    Regardless of when Petersen chooses to LEAVE, Lake has to be the next guy... if Petersen was hired for another job, Kwat would follow Petersen, guaranteed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Been tied up.

Not tied up Wendy Rhodes style. Though that wouldn't be a bad thing for a mid day break from IRL as a capitalist pig.

• Options
    Founders Club