Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Jen

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

As one of the 17 people who was still in the stadium during the rousing rendition of our Fight Song on the Jumbotron, the fucking words aren't "Mighty are the ones who wear the purple and the gold."

When women pass the Dardanelles (Race was there) then you can include them in the fight song.

Until then, Fuck off.

The song says, "Mighty are the Men who wear the Purple and the Gold." "are" is present tense. Well, women athletes also wear the purple and the gold.

If the song said "Mighty are the Men who passed the Dardanelles," and they wanted to change it to "the ones who passed the Dardanelles" then you might have a point because women did not "pass the Dardanelles."

Your argument doesn't make sense because they're only changing a part of the song that deals with "mighty" people who "currently wear" the Purple and the Gold.
    After a months long hiatus, this is the shit you return with? I hope the enlightened women's retreat you were at all this time was worth the fee.
    Actually, it was longer than a month. Despite my wife (correctly) pointing out that it's pointless to engage trump's blind loyalists who don't believe in facts, I let myself get sucked into debates with people whose positions have no foundation in reality.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax, alabama is in the storm's path, women athletes at UW don't exist.

I should just walk away. But I don't. Call it a weakness.
    You could learn to laugh at yourself like the rest of us do

Just kidding, your an OG and I don't care if we disagree on everything. Go DAWGS
    Boulder classy poast.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

As one of the 17 people who was still in the stadium during the rousing rendition of our Fight Song on the Jumbotron, the fucking words aren't "Mighty are the ones who wear the purple and the gold."

When women pass the Dardanelles (Race was there) then you can include them in the fight song.

Until then, Fuck off.

The song says, "Mighty are the Men who wear the Purple and the Gold." "are" is present tense. Well, women athletes also wear the purple and the gold.

If the song said "Mighty are the Men who passed the Dardanelles," and they wanted to change it to "the ones who passed the Dardanelles" then you might have a point because women did not "pass the Dardanelles."

Your argument doesn't make sense because they're only changing a part of the song that deals with "mighty" people who "currently wear" the Purple and the Gold.
    After a months long hiatus, this is the shit you return with? I hope the enlightened women's retreat you were at all this time was worth the fee.
    Actually, it was longer than a month. Despite my wife (correctly) pointing out that it's pointless to engage trump's blind loyalists who don't believe in facts, I let myself get sucked into debates with people whose positions have no foundation in reality.

Climate change is a Chinese hoax, alabama is in the storm's path, women athletes at UW don't exist.

Why go in the Tug then? Enjoy Suffer the football and forget the rest.
    This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board.
    To some, changing the words to a 100+ year old fight song stands alone and apart from national politics.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

Have you seen some of the softball and basketball chicks over the past few years?

This discrepancy shall not stand unchallenged.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    Swaye said:

This will not stand! Let's vote her out of office in both Croatia and at the AD!

Your next Athletic Department President (who gives a fuck if we win or lose she could tell me my dick was falling off in that bikini and I'd still be happy).

If this post doesn't get quoted and reposted about another five times, you're all fags.

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2019
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

You know those people fleeing whatever shithole country, California shaped state, or in this case Tug forum, rushing into better places (like the football forum) and still behaving and believing in the same things that caused them to have to leave their homes in the first place?

You remind me of them.

If you want to have a serious debate about pronouns in a fight song ( LOL fuck me ) take it to the tug.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

To some, changing the words to a 100+ year old fight song stands alone and apart from national politics.
    Uhhh...language on the tug board goes well beyond "national politics" as that term has been traditionally defined (i.e., tax policy, insurance reform, environmental regulations, foreign policy), and goes well into what "national politics" has sadly become.

Terms used on this thread include: "whiny cunts," "shemen," and this gem: "The word Song is offensive to our massive chink gook slant fan base. How dare we mock their culture? Also pretty sure it’s a place somewhere in Africa. So you can add the browns to the mix. I won’t say that racist term because I have black frens."

This type of thing has - sadly - seeped into our national politics.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Alexis said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

Queery. How many of them have suited up in a football game.
    Why does the adapted fight song hurt your vagina so much?

Fuck off you snowflake cuckdoog!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

Yes, but the song was written at the time (tim?) and being sung about players that were *men* playing *football*.

https://www.lib.washington.edu/music/specialcollections/bow-down-to-washington

(TL;DR “Bow Down to Washington” came out of contest to write lyrics for a song to sing at the CAL (lol) football game)

I understand that the song is now representative of all the modern day university athletic teams that comprise of both men *and* women, so tweaking the lyrics is appropriate in certain circumstances (in fact the “official” lyrics have already changed several times as noted in the page I referenced).

However, at a football game, I have zero problem having us sing “mighty are the men”.
    DDJ gets it. I suspect Jen Cohen does too, seems like a traditionalist with such things.

Whatever, I don't really care about this either way (h/t @CD)
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

MAGA!

Let's do everything like we did 100 years ago.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

MAGA!

Why would we care what a beever thinks?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Alexis said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

Queery. How many of them have suited up in a football game.
    Why does the adapted fight song hurt your vagina so much?

Fuck off you snowflake cuckdoog!
    What's with the sexist language?
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

MAGA!

Hardcore Husky. Class of 2003. Fuck off. Did you even go to UW?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

MAGA!

• Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

MAGA!

The fact that you keep responding shows to THINK and CARE.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

Uhhh...language on the tug board goes well beyond "national politics" as that term has been traditionally defined (i.e., tax policy, insurance reform, environmental regulations, foreign policy), and goes well into what "national politics" has sadly become.

Terms used on this thread include: "whiny cunts," "shemen," and this gem: "The word Song is offensive to our massive chink gook slant fan base. How dare we mock their culture? Also pretty sure it’s a place somewhere in Africa. So you can add the browns to the mix. I won’t say that racist term because I have black frens."

I don't think you fit in here. As a moderate leftie, I can distinguish between the nonsense of the Tug, and the tongue-in-cheek bullshit that gets said here on a regular basis in pursuit of cheap laughs. You don't appear to appreciate cheap laughs, so you should probably leave.
    Thanks. You make so many insightful points and your opinion is so respected. I'll consider it.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Alexis said:

Until then, Fuck off.

I don't think you fit in here. As a moderate leftie, I can distinguish between the nonsense of the Tug, and the tongue-in-cheek bullshit that gets said here on a regular basis in pursuit of cheap laughs. You don't appear to appreciate cheap laughs, so you should probably leave.
    Thanks. You make so many insightful points and your opinion is so respected. I'll consider it.
    YWFMS