Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Salvon

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He literally broke like 4 tackles lol. Again here we are with our dumb narratives.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He was not the problem. I don’t understand, why cal was ok running the ball the whole time, while we just wanted to throw to our sorry ass receivers???
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I don't think the running game poses an issue for the offense.

Rankin had a solid senior campaign. That's about it. The other years not so much. I think it is safe to Salvon is better than Rankin.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I thought Salvon played great, hopefully he always plays like that.

I dont think running between the tackles is the problem with him. It has more to do with when he makes his cut. If he gets the ball and immediately cuts he's good, if he fucks around and tries to be Gaskin he gets stuck in the mud. Hopefully he can break the habit, but its happened too many times to feel good about it
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,287
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    People are down on Ahmed because some banned poster here made the bold claim that Ahmed>Gaskin. Now people here can't help to compare the two, and when you do, it doesn't bode well for Ahmed.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’ve already proclaimed Sunday morning as Ahmed’s best game to date. I think he needs 30 touches/game.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,105
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

We've been spoiled the last 4 years with one of the best RBs in UW history, The guy up next is never going to live up to that. It's just Salvon's cross to bear

Chris Polk then Bishop Sankey then Gaskin

Sans sauf 2014, Its been longer than just 4 years of really get RB play for UW.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ahmed as first team all conference over eno Benjamin and Zach moss (not to mention guys like jermar Jefferson and josh kelley who will also put up better numbers than him) is a ballzFS take
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Ahmed as first team all conference over eno Benjamin and Zach moss (not to mention guys like jermar Jefferson and josh kelley who will also put up better numbers than him) is a ballzFS take

Has he played a down yet?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

Yup. Just, wasn’t memorable against that killer SDSU defense.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Yup. Just, wasn’t memorable against that killer SDSU defense.

Better than Ahmed vs ewu. Once kelley is 100% they’ll force feed him 30+ touches a game (as they did the back half of last year) and he’ll finish with better stats than ahmed. Not saying he’s better, but 90% of people who vote on all conf just look at stats