Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salvon

This place has decided to hate him for some reason. He was the only good thing about our offense on saturday. Now the narrative is that he doesn’t get the TUFF “needed” yards when in actuality that was more fucktarded play calling than anything else. We refuse to spread it on short yardage situations and go inside zone or something to that effect. We get really tight with our formations which get more defenders in the box. I will give you that he sometimes gets into his blockers backs to fast but he seemed to really reign it in on Saturday.

Basically you guys decided he sucked last year and are looking for confirmation bias. Fuck off. He’s a good player and showed he can be a good back on saturday.

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    Have you not heard, child? TSIO SMOD YOLO DIAF FYFMFE
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    He needs more touches. And like consecutive carries so that he gets his rhythm
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    BearsWiin said:

Have you not heard, child? TSIO SMOD YOLO DIAF FYFMFE

I still want to die.
    It’s pathetic that he only got 21 carries. With the way we were dropping everything and it being a late late late game that throws off timing. He should have gotten 30+ carries.
  • honeybadger40honeybadger40 Member Posts: 60

This place has decided to hate him for some reason. He was the only good thing about our offense on saturday. Now the narrative is that he doesn’t get the TUFF “needed” yards when in actuality that was more fucktarded play calling than anything else. We refuse to spread it on short yardage situations and go inside zone or something to that effect. We get really tight with our formations which get more defenders in the box. I will give you that he sometimes gets into his blockers backs to fast but he seemed to really reign it in on Saturday.

Basically you guys decided he sucked last year and are looking for confirmation bias. Fuck off. He’s a good player and showed he can be a good back on saturday.

Disagree. Watching him try and run between the tackles for the most part is maddening. He constantly misses holes and is indecisive. Not a natural running back IMO. He needs the ball in space.

Disagree. Watching him try and run between the tackles for the most part is maddening. He constantly misses holes and is indecisive. Not a natural running back IMO. He needs the ball in space.
    Watch the fucking replay. He ran hard and ran well on Saturday. He’s a good fucking player. You can keep your stupid narratives and champion lesser players like Dick Newt though.
  • honeybadger40honeybadger40 Member Posts: 60

Watch the fucking replay. He ran hard and ran well on Saturday. He’s a good fucking player. You can keep your stupid narratives and champion lesser players like Dick Newt though.
    How 'bout we not look at the Cal game in a vacuum and look at his entire body of work thus far?

How 'bout we not look at the Cal game in a vacuum and look at his entire body of work thus far?
    As a starter? Because he only has 2 games where he gets consistent carried and the OL was fucking horrid against EWU
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    I'll give you this, he wasn't the 1-5 worst factors in the offense Saturday.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

As I've said all along, he reminds me of a young Louis Rankin and he'll probably have a banner senior year as he develops.

As I've said all along, he reminds me of a young Louis Rankin and he'll probably have a banner senior year as he develops.
    That’s an FScomparsion. I’ll give you that sometimes he needs to slow down and not get on his blockers backs so quickly. But he did a good job of that on saturday. He’s going to be all-conference this year
    A lot of confirmation bias in this thread
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170

That’s an FScomparsion. I’ll give you that sometimes he needs to slow down and not get on his blockers backs so quickly. But he did a good job of that on saturday. He’s going to be all-conference this year
    This is the Louis Rankin that Derek is referring to:

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

You never even watched Louis Rankin. It's not a diss.

You never even watched Louis Rankin. It's not a diss.
    Yes I did he was good. I think Salvon’s better
    edited September 2019
    “He doesn’t create” go watch the fucking touchdown run creep. I never you said he sucked. People on here say it all the time, it’d a dumb narrative. Moot point anyways cuz we suck