Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salvon

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

I thought Salvon played great, hopefully he always plays like that.

I dont think running between the tackles is the problem with him. It has more to do with when he makes his cut. If he gets the ball and immediately cuts he's good, if he fucks around and tries to be Gaskin he gets stuck in the mud. Hopefully he can break the habit, but its happened too many times to feel good about it

I see some of what you are saying. But running between the tackles sometimes means seeing a hole and hitting it, or anticipating a hole and hitting that space, and not cutting first.
    Sometimes, especially small backs, the very thing to do is get in there and get lost in the bodies. How many times did you see Gaskin literally disappear where you can't see him for a second and then out of nowhere he's second level. Cutting before hitting the LOS isn't always the right thing. This shit isn't teachable either. Your brain either works that fast or it doesn't. Gaskin was not elite physically in really any way except maybe balance and toughness ... arguably in suddenness and burst. But he was absolutely elite in how fast his brain works. I remember an interview with Emit Smith, another guy who was not blessed with elite speed or size, but had balance and vision for 5 backs. He said something to the effect that when 22 people are flying around in different directions in front of you, most people just see chaos. He saw flow ... he saw how all those people moving was a pattern of sorts that was going to lead to space here or there and he anticipated it and made sure he was where the space would be. Sometimes it's cut and sometimes it's keep going in the same direction. Changes on each play. Can't teach that. You either have that vision and feel or you don't. Ahmed doesn't seem to have that.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited September 2019
    Swaye said:

A lot of confirmation bias in this thread

Did you learn a new word today in class or something?
    I hope your kid is a shit head like me
    ntxduck said:

Ahmed as first team all conference over eno Benjamin and Zach moss (not to mention guys like jermar Jefferson and josh kelley who will also put up better numbers than him) is a ballzFS take

I never said 1st team
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Ahmed is good. He seems to be getting better. He does lack in some areas. The end.

Wisdom from the East. TYFYS
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,596
    edited September 2019

ntxduck said:

Ahmed as first team all conference over eno Benjamin and Zach moss (not to mention guys like jermar Jefferson and josh kelley who will also put up better numbers than him) is a ballzFS take

I never said 1st team
    Between 1st, 2nd team and honorable mentions more than half the starting rbs in the conference are “all conference”, so is that really saying anything?

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Swaye said:

LOL. I bet my buddy it would take less than 5 minutes for some meat head to come back with NO factual arguments, but make this a personal thing or some BS about people being too "PC."

I WON THE BET! THANK YOU!
    Putting the NO factual arguments line into the rotation.

"This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board." On deck
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

LOL. I bet my buddy it would take less than 5 minutes for some meat head to come back with NO factual arguments, but make this a personal thing or some BS about people being too "PC."

I WON THE BET! THANK YOU!
    Putting the NO factual arguments line into the rotation.

"This post on the Football Board proves that this type of thing is not confined to the "tug" board." On deck
    it's good chit.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I hope your kid is a shit head like me
    YBFE
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2019
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Has he played a down yet?

Yup. Just, wasn’t memorable against that killer SDSU defense.

Better than Ahmed vs ewu. Once kelley is 100% they’ll force feed him 30+ touches a game (as they did the back half of last year) and he’ll finish with better stats than ahmed. Not saying he’s better, but 90% of people who vote on all conf just look at stats
    He might have the stats, but it's pretty damn hard to give all pac 12 honors to a player on an owen12 team. If stats only mattered then Jermar Jefferson from Oregon State would have beat out Gaskin for the 2nd team last year. Jefferson had nearly 200 more all purpose yards with 16 fewer touches.
    This thread sucks. I should have kept my comments to myself. Too much retardedness in this thread to salvage it
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

This thread sucks. I should have kept my comments to myself. Too much retardedness in this thread to salvage it

Watch it junior. You know what happened the last tim you forgot your place.