Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jon Wilner

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

TommySQC said:

AEB said:

Jared Goff walked into Husky Stadium and beat us

Aaron Rodgers beat us 56-17
    I was there in Berkeley. First time I’ve ever seen a Husky team quit. Even the Owen12 team down 45-0 to SC at halftime in the Coliseum (was there, too) didn’t quit - they just sucked and were up against a vastly superior team.
    I was at both as well. That Cal game the frats mocked us for hiring
    Gilby back after the game

I thought that game in th coliseum was 38-0. Just ugly
    you're thinking of a different year. Probably 2004.
    2003. I understnad that the beatdowns tend to run together, but 2003 was 54-7 in Berkeley, 2004 was 42-12 at UW, 2005 was 56-17 at UW.

I'm sure those three years mean a lot to you

Only 2003. The cathartic victory of 2002 was still fresh and another win wasn't assured. By 2004 it was just expected. 2006 was nice too, when Marshawn beat yoUW on two sprained ankles, but it was tainted by the fact that we? didn't blow the Huskieies out, as we had cum to expect
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wilner has had some good picks in the passed- e.g., Trees over us in 2017. But his going with 9-3 just reeks of media knee jerk thinking about breaking in a new QB and a lot of new starters. We've been a 10 win dynasty with way less talent that we're going to be putting out on the field in 2019. I'm fine with calling Stanford as a loss and maybe one other one, but GTFOH with 9-3.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

TommySQC said:

AEB said:

Jared Goff walked into Husky Stadium and beat us

Aaron Rodgers beat us 56-17
    I was there in Berkeley. First time I’ve ever seen a Husky team quit. Even the Owen12 team down 45-0 to SC at halftime in the Coliseum (was there, too) didn’t quit - they just sucked and were up against a vastly superior team.
    I was at both as well. That Cal game the frats mocked us for hiring
    Gilby back after the game

I thought that game in th coliseum was 38-0. Just ugly
    you're thinking of a different year. Probably 2004.
    2003. I understnad that the beatdowns tend to run together, but 2003 was 54-7 in Berkeley, 2004 was 42-12 at UW, 2005 was 56-17 at UW.

I'm sure those three years mean a lot to you

Only 2003. The cathartic victory of 2002 was still fresh and another win wasn't assured. By 2004 it was just expected. 2006 was nice too, when Marshawn beat yoUW on two sprained ankles, but it was tainted by the fact that we? didn't blow the Huskieies out, as we had cum to expect
    I believe you also lost to smilin Carl Bonnell as Tedford slid into mediocrity. A bad win for us as it propped up Ty

Maybe not. I've blocked that decade out after this event

Probably the 2007 game in Seattle where we? lost 37-23. Epic collapse that year after Nate Longshore got injured during the Oregon game, then Tedford trotted his gimpy corpse out game after game because he had no confidence in Kevin Riley after he brainfarted away the OS(U) game, with dissension in the locker room because certain asst. coaches were playing favorites. 5-0 start with a whiff of #1 turns into a 7-6 season. A year I'd like to forget too, with the exception of this priceless tidbit:

https://youtu.be/1MV3c7VEQxU
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cal has a football team?
  • Options
    Alexis said:

Cal has a football team?

SCOARBORED BITCH
  • Options
    nycgobearsnycgobears Member Posts: 153
    dhdawg said:

Me thinks it’s gonna be another really close game.

Low scoring, I agree. I would predict that UW wins 20-10 or something. Your defense is legit and your path to victory is by forcing a bunch of turnovers imo.

With that said, we have been nearly invincible at home, and I think your offense is going to do almost nothing against our defense.
    Pretty much agree with this. I’m not convinced that your defense will be as stout as previous seasons.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dhdawg said:

Low scoring, I agree. I would predict that UW wins 20-10 or something. Your defense is legit and your path to victory is by forcing a bunch of turnovers imo.

With that said, we have been nearly invincible at home, and I think your offense is going to do almost nothing against our defense.
    Pretty much agree with this. I’m not convinced that your defense will be as stout as previous seasons.
    Probably not, especially by week two (I think it will be right there by year's end).

But it doesn't have to be as good as it has to stifle your offense.

YKIR
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Probably not, especially by week two (I think it will be right there by year's end).

YKIR
    It won't be as good in the beginning. It will still probably be the best in the PAC.

Injury depth will be the only thing that might hold it back by the end of the season.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

YKIR
    It won't be as good in the beginning. It will still probably be the best in the PAC.

Injury depth will be the only thing that might hold it back by the end of the season.
    And the fucking linebacker depth.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Wilner has had some good picks in the passed- e.g., Trees over us in 2017. But his going with 9-3 just reeks of media knee jerk thinking about breaking in a new QB and a lot of new starters. We've been a 10 win dynasty with way less talent that we're going to be putting out on the field in 2019. I'm fine with calling Stanford as a loss and maybe one other one, but GTFOH with 9-3.

On Softy he explained it as he feels the huskies have stagnated.

Haven’t been back to the playoffs. Haven’t won the NY6 games. Losses have increased.

Pretty much ignoring that it was all done with lesser talent and recruiting classes are vastly better.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Lazy ass take by Wilner
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Haven’t been back to the playoffs. Haven’t won the NY6 games. Losses have increased.

Pretty much ignoring that it was all done with lesser talent and recruiting classes are vastly better.
    To echo @Tequilla it just such a lazy ass take by Wilner to say we've "stagnated". Either TBSing matters or it doesn't. The evidence suggests that it very much matters in terms of making it to the CFP year after year and beating Urbs and Dabo in NY6 games. Pete caught lightning in the bottle in 2016 and we had a great run, but 2017 and 2018 are probably more realistic for Washington 1.0 level talent. Washington 2.0 is 27 blue chips on our team that are true freshman or red shirt freshman.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

To echo @Tequilla it just such a lazy ass take by Wilner to say we've "stagnated". Either TBSing matters or it doesn't. The evidence suggests that it very much matters in terms of making it to the CFP year after year and beating Urbs and Dabo in NY6 games. Pete caught lightning in the bottle in 2016 and we had a great run, but 2017 and 2018 are probably more realistic for Washington 1.0 level talent. Washington 2.0 is 27 blue chips on our team that are true freshman or red shirt freshman.
    He has dumb point until we win a meaningful game, it maybe lazy but he has a pont. Win to prove them wrong
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

He has dumb point until we win a meaningful game, it maybe lazy but he has a pont. Win to prove them wrong
    Agree wholeheartedly. It's # @FirePete whacko cult until he wins a meaningful bowl game over a top tier opponent. But Pete has show strong signs that he's committed to getting over the hump, however, painful the journey may be at times. We're going no one way or another by 2021 if the Cult of TBS was right or not.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

Agree wholeheartedly. It's # @FirePete whacko cult until he wins a meaningful bowl game over a top tier opponent. But Pete has show strong signs that he's committed to getting over the hump, however, painful the journey may be at times. We're going no one way or another by 2021 if the Cult of TBS was right or not.
    the numbers say we are close. Hopefully this is the year